It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Matter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The premise of this thread is that the Euclidean reality is a manifestation of the collective conscious.
In order to create reality it is essential to create the imaginary scene, each individual feeds into the collective.
This has been known since the dawn of time but the knowledge got lost, or so it seems.

The resulting reality we all share, is a culmination of each input.
This is Basically how magic works. Every institution that is feeding you a defined set of imagery is using you to do their magic.

This is where culture and art comes into play.
Culture is a tool to maintain the current reality, and art is a tool to introduce new realities. They both rely on the same media to transmit their message.

I was pondering who could be in a position to influence art and culture, when I stumbled accross the gypsies, and things started to fall into place.

The very first account of gypsies places them into old china/india. A place known to haver harbored one of the oldest culture, of known history.

They went out to export their art/culture at every fair in every country.

When they arrived in Europe it was barren of those that knew about magic.
Through the inquisition, the church made sure that this knowledge would be erased from the population and well guarded under the vatican.

They filled in a niche and flourished. Soon enough they became a force to be reckoned with and the slander and persecution started. Their cultural setup makes it perfect to infiltrate and subvert in a non violent way.

Who knows who really is at the helm of things, but I like to look where no one does or you're not alowed to.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

the collective conscious

What does this mean to you?

Because initially I thought 'ooh difficult' and the doubling down on art culture and forms of thought manifestation didn't make it better.
Because a painting is not something a mind creates out of nothing, right? You got your canvas, your brush, the colour the mechanical work of the arm... and so on - no matter was created in the process. Just transformed.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I would define it as the culmination of everyones believes, what manifests would be the parts where most agree upon. Sometimes there are random glitches, where unbelievable things happen.

What you call matter is just the physical boundaries of diffrent densities.
I'm sure matter isn't completely detached from the minds influence, how far that influence reaches is up for debate.
I just found it very helpful, when pondering fringe concepts, to assume that our mind is the cause for matter, rather than it's effect.
The canvas, the colors, the shades, the motive they all invoke something in the beholder, that's where creation of something new starts.
I'm guessing when art and especially the art of deception is part of your cultural heritage you'll get very proficient at it. You'll be able to use it instinctively.
You would turn everything upside down, so no one would search a cause when looking at the effect.

edit on 14-11-2022 by Terpene because: Actio reactio

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I always wondered where they started and why they took to the road, from a historical sense its something mountain people get the notion to do occasionally.

What you say really does line up from a historical perspective, visually gypsies always seem to inspire very raw feelings too. A bit like a cultural flashback. To varying degrees some old culture and magic did make it through the years but it was after the Renaissance most of it truly came to light.

Who inspired Europeans to go digging through dirt or to track the skies? Gifts of the gypsies? Seems for the longest time such things were occulted and highly guarded... The cat's out of the bag now.

Who knows who really is at the helm of things, but I like to look where no one does or you're not alowed to.

Old gods and ways?

Coming down from the mountains and not destroying the cities is a new theme in terms of history yet it isn't entirely new. It was always a fight between the old and new, fighting before then was always more about prestige than absolution.

Nice thread I'll be thinking on this a while!

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Old gods and ways?

your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Seems with time they aligned with Western monotheism yet culturally their ways made them targets. Doing things that the Abrahamic religions say are very naughty.

Similar to Christianity within the Roman empire in many ways, mostly ignored yet highly influential... The effect on the west was"archeology" I think. Digging for God and then god's. All to be reimagined in the dreamscape.

I do wonder if some dreams are aiming to restore, it's what the first archeologist did.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

it's a fascinating culture, they are sort of indigenous without a place, and their resilience in the presence of others more dominant cultures is remarkable. They managed to bring old knowledge into the new world without getting their story interrupted, which is a rare occurrence.
i kind of like them, but their secrecy and exclusiveness doesn't jive well with me, although it probably is the reason for their resilience against subversion.

I think being a worldwide nomadic culture gives you an incredible advantage over other cultures. They have a deep understanding of the human mind, are intrinsically connected to the more subtle realities, these are all traits that would make you excel at infiltrate, subvert, control.

I would wager a guess and say you might be right about them becoming the leading "scientific" force. It is the diametrically opposite image generating power to the church. takes some balls to be in charge of knowledge.
Compared to beliefs, knowledge is of magnitude stronger when it comes to manifestation.

Don't THINK you are, KNOW that you are!

edit on 15-11-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The 'original' Goddess of the Gypsies was called Ishtari, which later became Astarte, or Inanna, or Ishtar... depending on who you ask. Ishtari was the first deity with the Chen ring symbol, which was later adopted in Egyptian mythology.
So yes, the old magic and religious practices of the first gypsies did spread around the world... and even these days live on in modern Wicca, and mixed with Paganism.

The church did everything in it's power to suppress them!

Later on most gypsies became Christians and even then they have amazing legends!
If your interested in more, look up 'Sara la Kali'

( My father was born into a gypsy tribe, but gave it up when he married my mother... Gypsy folklore is one of my things)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

I've read one book, i can't remeber the Titel nor the author.

It was of a man that got adopted into a gypsy tribe, something, something about him being a fire type...it's been a long time but it had a lasting effect. too bad I don't remeber.

I think the knowledge about the more subtle techniques are guarded and passed down orally from women to women.... Men seem to have a lesser role.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Imho influencing matter is misleading. I believe it goes more like influencing the noosphere which then feedback-loops back into matter.
More tangential than direct.

If you don't mind me focusing more on the title than your post: I am perfectly happy with the Higgs Field giving matter its mass. Right? So I really like to keep consciousness mass/matter free.
Which of course takes us straight to light which obviously has only mass because of its velocity. We can see brain activity through basically electricity, now the issue is of course that this doesn't make consciousness electricity.
I would say it's again more tangential than direct.

a reply to: KindraLabelle2

A while ago I was pondering how much travelling folks especially between the nomadic/settled phase of early history were responsible for horizontal culture/technology transfer.
In case you need proof my thread

Anyhoo I think it's actually a cultural relic, it should be preserved and at least more appreciated if not protected, it's an anthropogical treasure.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
In order to create reality it is essential to create the imaginary scene, each individual feeds into the collective.

This is the Matrix after all, where each of our brains is sent a signal from the Matrix Architect of what it wants us to "imagine" thus constructing the (Biblical / NWO / George Orwell "1984" / Worst Case Scenario) "narrative" that this SICKO Matrix Architect wants us brains to imagine, thus allowing it to stay in control of our souls.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Really is that happening?
I don't get those transmissions, I get jokes and interesting inspiration to ponder, are you sure that's not user issue more than from the UI?

I mean one of the issues with the Matrix is its perceived artificial-ness if that is part of your living-reality I could totally see why you're not popular with the other.
And architect also a little silly if we're being honest. It gives the impression the plan is something static. But the truth is everything any Architect can plan will eventually morph and turn to rubble and dust.

edit on 15-11-2022 by Peeple because: g not b

edit on 15-11-2022 by Peeple because: OMG words are hard

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I don't mind any input. It's a cool title, and I get why you're disappointed by the OP.

I wouldn't disagree with the chain of events you laid out, the thing is, the noosphere is the birthplace of all ideas. They don't happen here and have to switch. Why unnecessarily complicate things?
I know it's a weird concept to grasp. But basically the idea comes first. I found the vedic concept of the Yugas helpful to imagine how we'd descend into matter.
Although there is a lot of human drama and dogma, what i got from it is that humanity is coming from the noosphere, and matter is an idea we decided to ponder together, while being alone. We are apparently in the last yuga, so it's no wonder we lost our connection. But then again this could be by design like all the other religions feeding you a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Now, the scientific explanation we use to describe the reality we observe, were all born from an idea.

How close does the scientific idea come to explain the idea behind the phenomenon itself?

To me science oftentimes seems like a desperate attempt to understand a language we've so long forgotten, we don't even recognize it anymore.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Really is that happening?
I don't get those transmissions, I get jokes and interesting inspiration to ponder, are you sure that's not user issue more than from the UI?

Everything around us is a lie. With simple logic, this entire illusionary world should have gone WW3 decades ago.

UI or 'personal' issue ?

i keep saying "sweet FA is going to happen" and i seem to be correct all the time.
See you this time next year with the dreaded words, "i told u so. i told you nothing was going to change".
Nothing is going to happen because the dead-beat reptilians feed off human misery.

"But the truth is everything any Architect can plan will eventually morph and turn to rubble and dust."

The Architect is predictable and programmed by this Universe to feed off the misery of human souls.

"Mad Max Zombie Apocapalyse" will never happen because that scenario will give so much joy and freedom to human survivalists.

Archons (demons) who possess certain (dead-beat) politicians constantly love creating endless wars. Now Ukraine - hint-hint.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Are you the doom master of the gray area?
what is it that you really want? try to focuse on that, not your fears.
edit on 15-11-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I just brushed trough your other thread, and it seems you nor any other poster considerd the gypsies as a factor or even the factor?
Or was it intentional from your side, for PC reasons?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Interesting. Egypt has long been a source of esoteric and metaphysical research, no surprise they may have collaborated with the Chinese.

I would define it as the culmination of everyones believes, what manifests would be the parts where most agree upon. Sometimes there are random glitches, where unbelievable things happen.

What you call matter is just the physical boundaries of diffrent densities.
I'm sure matter isn't completely detached from the minds influence, how far that influence reaches is up for debate.
I just found it very helpful, when pondering fringe concepts, to assume that our mind is the cause for matter, rather than it's effect.
The canvas, the colors, the shades, the motive they all invoke something in the beholder, that's where creation of something new starts.
I'm guessing when art and especially the art of deception is part of your cultural heritage you'll get very proficient at it. You'll be able to use it instinctively.
You would turn everything upside down, so no one would search a cause when looking at the effect.

"art of deception" brings to mind sleight of hand techniques, which is technically a neuroscience involving the ability to redirect someone's thoughts with visual or verbal cues so they don't perceive what you want to keep hidden. Eventually that subtle art expands to include several clever permutations, all of them affecting cognitive behavior and some even reprogramming people from the ground up.

Which begs the question, is magic real or is it artificial psychosis?

edit on 15-11-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That edit opened a can of worms...

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I just brushed trough your other thread, and it seems you nor any other poster considerd the gypsies as a factor or even the factor?
Or was it intentional from your side, for PC reasons?

Well Gypsy would have been quite the anachronism. So no. Nevertheless it's the same lifestyle.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 04:09 AM
link   

'Birthplace of ideas' because Plato(?) said so?
That's unlikely. There's nothing really new in our ideas, we develop them mix them with observations and what we want to achieve, but 'new' feels like a stretch.

Why would they have to switch? It's not seperate.

And sure intuition seems like a valuable thing to have, but everything needs to get tested and proven or disproven.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join