It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I denounce antisemitism...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   
... in all its forms, and I stand by the Jewish community.

And that is how you buy some time.

Recently Dave Chappell was on snl and in my opinion, he absolutely nailed it.

Of course, humor is subjective.

Take Cathy Griffin for instance.

Please, just take her.

Did you find Chappell funny?

Do you think he crossed a line?

Was he being disrespectful, insensitive or just plain antisemitic?

Some people are not impressed to say the least.

If this is a topic near and dear to your heart, don't sit this one out.

Don't be silent.

And notice that this is not the Mudpit people.

In the clip from 06:13 to 06:32 there's some music inserted before it continues, probably a copyright thang.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I laughed, for a few minutes I felt I was back in the 80s, where you could make fun of people without getting arrested.

As a woman I feel far more upset about men putting on a dress claiming they are a woman and scooping up our scholarships our medals our woman of the year awards and our jobs.
I also think men dressed in womanface twerking around children are particularly friendly to us women, who let's face it are still killed daily by violent males, are rpd, treated like slaves in some places and generally had to fight just to be able to do normal human things.
Now those same people who are the cause of our suffering are hailed as special just because they are taking the piss out of us.

At least Chapelle is funny.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

What does this even mean?

If this is a topic near and dear to your heart, don't sit this one out.

Don't be silent.

Why does it matter?

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   
More fishing?

I feel honored...

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I didn't watch it. Chapelle is as relevant to me as Kanye is when it comes to life advice.

anti-Semitism is wrong. Really simple.

SNL is like the CNN of comedy at this point...

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I dont think Dave was being antisemitic, and I feel like Kanyes shtick is just done for shock value.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Chappelle is simply a comedian, and that was his subject of the day, tomorrow he'll be on to something else.
Being of Polish descent, I have heard every Polish joke there is, and simply laugh along with them - people today are oversensitive about everything, we all need a sense of humor.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

If you didn't watch it, who decided for you that it was antisemitic?

And what would you say to a Jewish person who found it funny?
edit on 14-11-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

It means, at first they came for someone else and I said nothing because I wasn't one of them.

C'mon strongfp, those who don't know history are bound to repeat it.

On the other hand, not all Jewish people thought it was antisemitic so if you are Jewish and think it was funny I would like to hear from you as well.
edit on 14-11-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Not this time.

You have a horse in this race?

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I don't race, i sit back relax and enjoy the show...

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

If you didn't watch it, who decided for you that it was antisemitic?

And what would you say to a Jewish person who found it funny?

I didn't say it was anti-Semitic, did I?

I just said it's as easy as: anti-Semitism is wrong.

Good for the Jewish person for having a sense of humour!!! They can laugh at what they choose, just like anyone else...I wouldn't say anything to them.

ETA: to clarify what I mean is that "jokes" are "jokes", so if he told jokes that some people consider to be anti-Semitic, oh well. They're jokes, grow a pair. Comedy is art, we've established as a society that this is so. No one is protected from Comedy or we have a big problem with "Newfie" jokes up here in Canada, lol.
edit on 11/14/2022 by MykeNukem because: 🍻

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   

They, meaning who? The Jews?

Kanye was put down because he's unhinged and has been on thin ice for years now, he's crazy and thinks he's Jesus and what not.

Here's the thing, Kanye and people like you might not be antisemitic, but the actual antisemitic crowed which has been growing larger and larger within the last decade or so has been attempting to get people like you and Kanye to "name the jew" for them. Kanye has shown an info-graphic chart that has direct origins to the daily stormer. How did he get or come across that and start going down the rabbit hole to the point where he felt he had to "come out" and tell everyone that everyone already knows?

You're right tho, history does repeat itself, but I'd agree more with the Mark Twain version that it rhymes more than anything else, and there's a lot of rhyming going on lately.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

My bad.

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

To that I would say someone who does not appreciate being falsely labeled shouldn't be so quick to label others falsely.

People like me and Kanye?

I'm sure you and I agree on certain topics as well.

So people like you and me then.

Oh, and we're talking about Chappelle here, Kanye was merely part of the content of Chappelle's monologue.

They, meaning who? The Jews?

Does it matter who? Do different standards apply to different demographics?

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Of course you do.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The perks of owning the racetrack, I guess.

I don't tolerate animal suffering, and some of the horses get mutilated shortly after birth. Sometimes I get labeled antisemitic for not letting them compete. I never understood why, until I did.

edit on 14-11-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

My bad.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Yea man, I believe treat ALL people equal. That means the Jews are just as vulnerable to being made fun of at a comedy show, as anyone else is. I don't consider ANY topic to be taboo in comedy. Doesn't mean I have to like it either, but that's the beauty of a free society.

If Dave (The Black white supremacist LMAO) is being accused of stirring the pot by working Kanye's comments or whatever into his show, good for him I say. It's comedy, it's art, we tolerate that. Don't have to like it personally, but we tolerate it.

I was an avid Chapelle Show fan back in the day. Karens are just noticing Dave likes to push the envelope now?

Karens gonna Karen.

We can't even say "Kanye has a right to say what he wants within the law, of course", without getting bashed for being anti-Semites ourselves now-a-days.

It's a bigger problem of automatically labelling people and putting them in a box because they have an opinion or in this case, make jokes.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Yea man, I believe treat ALL people equal

Amen, brother.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Folks pass the 'anti Semitic' title around far too easily.

They think that since I want to end foreign aid to Israel and I want them to pay for the USS Liberty that I am some sort of Nazi.

Please. I want to end foreign aid for everyone...and they should still pay for the Liberty.

<<   2  3 >>

join