It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two planes collided mid-air during an air show at Dallas Executive Airport on Saturday.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You have no idea how validated I feel since you’re the one that confirmed it.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 12:13 AM
link   
These men and women are a tight-knit experienced community, they know their craft very well. No matter the reason or cause of the accident, banning or restriction these airshows would be a severe overreaction IMHO, in a world now full of overreactions.

We as a country have hundreds if not thousands more pressing problems than air shows or air races. Quit legislating and over-regulating life.

Let's remember those who lost their lives here, they did so doing something they loved.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   
So many armchair experts..Let the investigators do their work.Heavens 6 people were lost in a tragic accident.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What normally happens in events like this is that the fighters and faster aircraft are given a higher block of altitude, while the bombers and slower aircraft get a lower block of altitude. All maneuvering in those blocks is coordinated, but basically at your own risk.

The P-63 pilot was reported to be a highly experienced United 777 pilot, that had been flying the P-63 for awhile. The Texas Raiders was being flown by one of her usual crews, that had flown her for years.

Next is my speculation, based on other discussions, and many watches of the videos. I’m not going to speculate on why, or who, but it appears that either they were both at the extreme end of their altitude block, or one was out of position. It looks to those of us that were discussing it, that the P-63 was attempting a rejoin on the fighter formation, and was turning to join up with the P-51s. The way he was turned, he never would have known the B-17, and unless they were actively looking, or had people in the right place, the B-17 never knew what hit them.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is if the P-63 declared if he was "Blind" meaning he lost sight of the B-17, or the other fighters and what, if any, procedures they had in place in case that happened?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The P-63 pilot was directed by the Air Boss to overtake the B-17. He was doing exactly what he was told to do by the guy on the ground that should have told him not to do it.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:55 AM
link   

'Wings Over Dallas' Mid Air Collision Report

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join