It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athletes shall/should be recognized as the real/provable sacrifices for our freedom.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Speaking primarily of course of American football. Severe injury should qualify as equally as death (when the latter is proved applicable) concerning everyone's comfort zone entertainment and consumerism, freedom.

Will gladly go perhaps out on a limb and assert evolution of consciousness dictates that exactly such memorial is inevitable, even if it is at the cost of the demise of the sport.

To me there is a good enough argument (unless proved otherwise) that, if humans can ever manage to get rid of wars and other atrocities, there would be enough good karma, energy to allow for the existence of violent sports.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Plunkenstein

You want to praise the ones who bang into eachother for loads of money while playing a kids game? And you call that freedom?

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

if humans can ever manage to get rid of wars and other atrocities, there would be enough good karma

I don't think that is how Karma is perceived to work.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Upon a close enough look, one isn't denying the possibility of even better freedoms eclipsing antiquated ones. Just trying to provide a new context, perspective.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Karma would have to be scientifically proved to exist before delineated on how it works.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I choose the freedom not to worship at the temple of sports and the idols there of. I also choose not to worship Hollywood idols and politicians as some do.

They are not worthy.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

At this time I agree, let them go at it. I didn't use to. I used to think that it was a brutal sport, which it is. The people who play it can be brutal as well. And we know that that level of physical exertion easily leads to anger and a desire to hurt. At times.

The probability of serious injury is constant and the end of a career and or the end of a normal physical life is almost a promise for many who play as adults.

We know that young boys are channeled into the game from early childhood. Pre-school leagues and onward though the entire length of a term of schooling.

From this ''stock'' come those who continue into the big money realm. College players earn big money for the schools and the pro players for the team owners who hire them. It's all a big money making scheme and we all know it.

But these guys know it as well. There is no hiding it and there hasn't been for decades. They know what they are getting into and make that choice. From childhood they have trained to be warriors and engage in battle. They know it. And the thrill of victory serves them well.

So I say let the football games continue. It's big money entertainment and that is what our society is today, big money entertainment. Pay these players the big bucks to make the big bucks for the owners and the entire system of profit.

If we want to stop it, the injury, the glorification of violence, the place and time to stop it is at the beginning of the cycle of training. If I were a child again, I would not play football. If I were a parent again I would not allow my children to play football. If we want to stop the whole thing, work to eliminate the sport from our schools starting in the grade schools. Put an end to the programs like physical education that promote the game, regardless of precautions that are there. Stop it at that level and given another decade it will dwindle away to nothing.

It's a gladiator spectacle and we know it. But so do the players and it's their health and their lives that are on the line to provide this entertainment. And their reward can be great. It's a gamble so I say let them do it if this is the gamble they wish to take.

As for us spectators, it's also our choice to pay the money to buy the gunky paraphernalia . The tee shirts, the caps, the jerseys the sweatshirts etc. It's our choice to pay the money for the tickets. That as well is what keeps the game afloat. The money we entertained toss at it. Me? Not a cent. Never bought a jersey or a tee. Never bought a ball cap or a ticket to a game, never bought a pay-for view. Never,

But I watch it for free and tonight for me it's the Ducks vrs the Huskies. Go Bo Nix.
I am entertained.

So, now on with the show.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Actually for probably most viewers of sports it's nothing so pathological as worship or the like. There is a sane distance from it.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plunkenstein
Speaking primarily of course of American football.

Yes, of course, we all knew that the word "athletes' only applies to those fine men who need to stop playing after every move and need to wear full body armour because they are afraid of unprotected contact.

They would get annhialated on a RUGBY pitch with real men.

Each and every player of any of these kind of games needs to suck it up and ACCEPT that they are possibly going to be damaged and it is their choice to step onto the pitch.

That right there is the "Freedom". There is no such entitlement to a freedom where someone gets to play a violent game but not suffer the consequenses of their actions.

Millenial mentality.

Sorry I cannot add to your ATS "Karma" score on your profile thus proving scientifically that Karma exists everywhere and how it works by allowing you no choice in the outcome beyond your obviously failed influence.

And saying "there would be enough good karma" but also saying "Karma would have to be scientifically proved to exist before delineated on how it works." is obviously ignorant.

Use bigger perspectives and you'll be fine. That way you would realise how ignorant it is to make a comparison between death and a severe injury.

cheers

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

They've been renovating the Colosseum, perhaps people will once again REALLY be able to "sacrifice" themselves again on the grand stage for yas...

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Actually for probably most viewers of sports it's nothing so pathological as worship or the like. There is a sane distance from it.

Yes, but what about the ones that are the true believers of the sports worship? Why does this happen?

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Jeebus how the hairy # did I get mistaken for someone who doesn't understand consequences of actions? The two statements on karma aren't contradictory. Ever heard of "one opinion is as good as another?"

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: godsovein

Thanks for attributing nonexistent barbarism to me.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Ever heard of "one opinion is as good as another?"

Yes, it's called "Duality" when coming from the same source and comes from having a weak opinion that needs a backup.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Jeebus how the hairy # did I get mistaken for someone who doesn't understand consequences of actions? The two statements on karma aren't contradictory. Ever heard of "one opinion is as good as another?"

Not in this corner of the internet, or any other corner for that matter. Opinions are only as useful as the attorney who approved it before publishing.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Please explain what exactly is a sport and who deserves to be considered an athlete, asking because I spent my morning kicking other women in the head. I like to think of myself as an athlete engaged in a sport.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Point is that in absence of proof, the reasonable enough ultimately equals the plausible, or at least enough so, when there's nothing absolute to settle the matter.

Now I have definitely envisioned the approximate (enough) nasty retort.

edit on 13-11-2022 by Plunkenstein because: addendum

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   
While athletes definitely put in a lot of hard work and dedication, I believe it's important to recognize that there are various factors contributing to our freedom, not solely their sacrifices. It's a complex issue with no absolute answer, but I think it's essential to consider different perspectives.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Trinytynna

By the way, if you're interested in improving your athletic performance, I found some useful training tips over at playultimatefrisbee.com... Check them out for some great insights!

top topics

join