It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These People Where Forced To Be Russian.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: YongGua

Welcome back.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: YongGua

These people were forced to be Ukrainians in 1991.

A referendum was held December 1991. asking the Ukrainian people if they wanted to become independent from The Soviet Union.

The vast majority said Yes. No one was forced to do anything as you wrongly state.

link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
I tried my best and even provided a second more precise explanation. I can cope with your failing, no offense taken at all. We're on topic, btw. You're not being offended or insulted. Just a reminder.

link   
Only people who wanted to be Russians were given Russian citizenship. I estimate about half of Kherson population. The people who did not want to be Russian were not given Russian citizenship.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

You were saying something about not going after the person?

What does "GTFO" stand for?

This thread is getting derailed.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

These are not the all the same people and it was 30+ years ago. I guess people can not change their minds ever, especially not after being mistreated.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

No need to remind me.

I'm not the one getting all offended or insulted.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I just don't get what those things have to do with each other at all. Are you saying there's something I didn't take at face value?

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
West Kherson = Kherson west of Dnipr. East Kherson = Kherson east of Dnipr. Sort of like North Korea, South Korea.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
So instead of reparations and similar actions, you, the commander of an already war torn country, with not even enough supply on it's own to keep the war from tilting towards Russian favor, would march towards the Kremlin. Decimating more of your folk that already suffered?

See, that's understandable from an emotional viewpoint and all, at the same time, exactly what is so dangerous about Zelensky. That's why he does not get full support yet, because he can not be trusted. In a way one could say his behavior is partly, a smaller percentage though, one of the reasons this war drags out so long.

Putin does not "deserve" WW3 because we are all involved. I really do hope too that both sides tone it down a bit. For all the accusations Russia made, I have seen very little evidence from them. They are in the Bringschuld "debth of their claim". I am sure that both sides committed themselves to plenty of war crimes by now. However that's mostly individuals and very seldom an official order from top down.

People do crazy stuff in crazy circumstances, that's not to excuse but explain.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

These are not the all the same people and it was 30+ years ago.

So ?

Here is a list of countries and states that have voted for independence in one way or another over the last 200 years.

How many of those do you think would like to be given the opportunity to " change their mind " ?

en.wikipedia.org...

(post by MykeNukem removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's really not worth it. Everyone can see it. Both the MO's in trolling, intentional obtuseness as well as coordinated trolling efforts. Getting real brazen by now openly gaslighting members about the very things they do.

It's just not worth raising the heartbeat. And I said it before, I am not going to bulge down. Ban or not, I take the consequences and keep my dignity before I shut up and let # like that fly anymore.

This post will be removed too, soon, as was the other one.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Who are you to even ask such a question, it's the Ukrainian peoples decision. Not yours to deny them that because "look at this list, this list says people to not get a second oppurtunity".

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I do believe Dnipr river forms the border between West Ukraine and East Ukraine. This is a very big river. Very hard to swim across without a bridge. Historically, East Ukraine east of Dnipr river used to be historically Russian land during the time of the Russian empire.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I would not say good versus evil though those Russians that DID rape and murder were definitely evil but not all of them did and if the shoe was on the other foot, it would have been just the same if it had been the Ukraine invading Russia.

I would still argue it is two shades of grey, Russia had no right to invade and use force BUT they were provoked.

As for Crimea I hold that it's status should actually be as a neutral territory as it WAS Russian until Krushchev a Ukrainian born CCCP premier gave it to the Ukraine for Administrative purposes only though arguably the Crimean Tartars had a stronger claim but even they stole it from another people who were probably more Greek than anything else before they took it in a wave of Islamic invasions back in the way distant past.

I hold that we should never have gotten involved, we are in it now thanks to Bojo and we can't extricate any time soon though we are not officially directly involved, and I do hope we never become so.

I feel for the Ukrainians but every time I see a tank or a body I also feel for the Russian's Mothers and fathers, to most of us here these are kid's dying and like in our wars they are mostly kids dying for old farts that are only waging war for their own agenda's.

All I want is to see a peace come about, if that is Russia humiliated so be it, but you don't want a simmering sense of humiliation and anti-western sentiment brewing in a nuclear superpower no matter what.

And if they do withdraw it is only a ticking time bomb on a nuclear war ignited, why, well because the Ukraine will then definitely go full nuclear again as well while currently, they are officially at least no longer a nuclear power as they were in the soviet era and they no longer have any soviet era nuclear weapons still active on their territory.

Add to these tensions in Asia and we are in a very dangerous world, now I personally hardly care any longer, but I am likely not that long for this world, and I don't want to see the kids of tomorrow suffering because of the gob#es we have voted into power today.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Russia will never allow Ukraine to be a nuclear threat to Russia. Even if Russians sacrifice 30 million people and fight Ukraine to the last Ukrainian, they will never allow Ukraine to acquire nuclear weapons.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

How could Ukraine go "full nuclear" without any nukes, let alone "again?

Why would they, even if they had any?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join