It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big red wave that did not happen!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

It was a tangent he went off on whilst claiming nothing of the similar sorts could possibly take place in the USA.

But atleast we don't fight and trash the place over things like soccer or cricket matches,

Accept opps. LoL

He never really bothers to look before leaping.

metro.co.uk...
edit on 9-11-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

"Beginning in at least the 1960s, the United Kingdom gained a reputation worldwide for football hooliganism; the phenomenon was often dubbed the British or English Disease.[1][2][3][4][5][6] However, since the 1980s and well into the 1990s the UK government has led a widescale crackdown on football related violence. While football hooliganism has been a growing concern in some continental European countries in recent years, British football fans now tend to have a better reputation abroad. Although reports of British football hooliganism still surface, the instances now tend to occur at pre-arranged locations rather than at the matches themselves."

From your source.

What's this old history got to do with your elections?

Why even post about it?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I see.

Perhaps he thinks that arming Chelsea and Millwall supporters with AR's might encourage peaceful behaviour?

Bloody Hell?!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

What's this got to do with the topic of this thread?

You would have to read back at andy06's wondering why we aren't in the midst of a civil war.

I like how the UK has developed "safe spaces" now for their violent hooliganism to play out, that's next level s#it right there.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I distinctly recall there being reports of fans rioting after Stanley Cup games, NBA games and I think NFL games.
I couldn't be arsed to look for some sources like you did as I really fail to see the relevance.

Did he really imply that there was no violence in the USA because people can shoot at inanimate objects in a controlled environment?

Its deflection and deliberate derailment, why I have no idea.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey
Do you have an issue with democracy in each individual state regarding abortion? I thought it’s good to let voters decide controversial issues like this. I don’t see abortion as a right in the bill of rights.

In 2008-2010 Obama had a super majority in the senate abs the house. Why didn’t the dems codify abortion into law then on the federal level? That way SCOTUS wouldn’t have had a say.

a reply to: Sookiechacha

The way I see it, the Constitution doesn't give any level of government the right to interfere in the medical decisions between a patient and a doctor. That right falls squarely to the people.

The Supreme Court ruled that there is no Constitutional right to an abortion. Also, there is no provision that allows the Federal government to ban abortions. That was a correct interpretation in my opinion and that is as far as they can go.

The ability to permit or ban abortions is beyond state governments as well, since the Constitution doesn't give them the right to interfere with personal medical decisions either.

It's been months since that ruling. During that time, the Democratic party has controlled Congress and the Whitehouse. What have they done to protect "the right to choose" when they had the chance? I would have loved to have seen some legislation to the effect, "Government has no right to interfere in medical decisions between a doctor and a patient." Of course, that would have cut into their ability to force people to take drugs.

To anyone who voted for Democrats thinking they would protect your right to make your own medical decisions, I want you to know that I fully supported your right to choose before this election. Now, I highly encourage you to get an abortion whenever the opportunity presents itself.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

No.

That's old history.

And totally off topic.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You know, I've always wanted to discuss football hooliganism here on ATS; its origins and its development.
It really is a very interesting subject....but not here.

And I really suspect that many people simple won't get it.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You would have to read back at andy06's wondering why we aren't in the midst of a civil war.

No im not, i am however wondering how a civil war would even work in the USA in this day of age?

Not very well and rather bloody i imagine with a lot of innocent people dying at the hands of heavily armed bands of political and religious maniacs.

Hence the reason nobody wishes to see such a thing take place in what is supposed to be the pinnacle of first-world nations.

I like how the UK has developed "safe spaces" now for their violent hooliganism to play out, that's next level s#it right there.

Mate if you were safe whilst playing at being a casual you were not doing it right. LoL

See if you get caught arseing around or being violent at football matches in this day of age, you get tracked down and banned for life, simple as that, and the price of season tickets these days it's really not worth the hassle.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

One doesn't simply civil war...

There's a lot yunz don't understand about the wild wild west and our gun culture.

PS; yunz is northern for y'all (that concludes my English lesson for today)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yep.

Talk about derailing a thread.

I would have liked some discussion of the actual topic?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Put the bottle down and step away.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   

One doesn't simply civil war...

Exactly my point.

There's a lot yunz don't understand about the wild wild west and our gun culture.

I understand guns are dangerous and giving crazy people access to such generally ends in tears, other people's tears that is.

But let's not go there we know you want your guns and anyone that try's to take them away is apt to be perceived as the enemy or even Satan himself.

PS; yunz is northern for y'all (that concludes my English lesson for today)

Danke, it would be "yinz" where i hail from or thereabouts.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yep.

Talk about derailing a thread.

I would have liked some discussion of the actual topic?

Topic is BS straight out of the MSM, Republicans have made the gains and likely will even control the Senate.

Where will this thread be then? All we were after was the House, Senate is a bonus and NV, AZ are in the red.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Nah yins is how a southerner says yuns (yunz)

I've lots of family where the variant originated.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Great.

What's football violence in the UK got to do with it?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

House delivers PAIN.

House is priority #1.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
We keep hearing about a civil war but that is not what we are approaching. We are approaching a revolution and there will be two distinct sides. Them and us. There is nothing for us as citizens to fight for, only against.

We never thought a state government would shut down a city. Boston Marathon bombing.
We never thought the federal government would shut down the US. COVID.
We never thought our state and federal governments would turn on us. Progressives in office now.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Where is the red wave?

Asking for a friend.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Great.

What's football violence in the UK got to do with it?

You would have to read back lol...

See you Brits really suck at American accent, I'm trying to teach y'all something here pay attention.

British actors are only good at southern accents, ever notice that s#it?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join