It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeSantis Pushes Back Against Biden DOJ Monitors Interfering in Florida's Election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

In a letter to John “Bert” Russ, Deputy Chief & Elections Coordinator for the Department of Justice by Florida Department of State General Counsel Brad McVay, the DeSantis administration warns that under Florida statute, DOJ monitors “are not permitted” inside Florida polling locations.

...“Earlier today, the Florida Department of State received copies of your letters to Miami-Dade and Broward Counties in which you seem to indicate that the Department of Justice will send monitors inside polling places in these counties,” reads the letter.

“We also understand you sent a similar letter to Palm Beach County. But Department of Justice monitors are not permitted under Florida law. Section 102.031(3)(a) of the Florida Statutes lists the people who “may enter any polling room or polling place.” Department of Justice personnel are not included on the list. Even if they could qualify as “law enforcement” under section 102.031(3)(a)6. of the Florida Statutes, absent some evidence concerning the need for federal intrusion, or some federal statute that preempts Florida law, the presence of federal law enforcement inside polling places would be counterproductive and could potentially undermine confidence.”

floridianpress.com...

And I feel he is absolutely right to do that. Who needs DOJ spooks running around intimidating voters when the elections are state-run? Good on you DeSantis. So much for "No one messes with a Biden."

edit on Tue Nov 8th 2022 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
im starting to think the federal government might eventually be forced to teach rebel states another lesson soon if this keeps up.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

They're trying to do the same thing in many places. Missouri told them the same thing yesterday,

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: AntiNWO

Missouri already told them to pound sand.
Told them they can observe from 15 yards outside the doors of the polling locations.

Apparently they been sending emails to local elections judges and not including State officials in their communications.

Definitely Shady bullying tactics on counties.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Don't Waco me bro.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

Don't Waco me bro.

dont start none, wont be none.

Republicans seem to think they hold a monopoly on violence and intimidation, they forget human nature in their arrogance and dont notice society turning against them. cheat all you want and keep pretending you are victims but the people wont forgive or forget your treason against them. the people will eventually rebel if you dont back off with this nonsense.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yup you’re right. Pack it up fellas noname is right.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
BAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!! a reply to: namehere

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

Don't Waco me bro.

Republicans seem to think they hold a monopoly on violence and intimidation, they forget human nature in their arrogance and dont notice society turning against them. cheat all you want and keep pretending you are victims but the people wont forgive or forget your treason against them. the people will eventually rebel if you dont back off with this nonsense.

You’re joking right?! Tell me your joking. Every major US city during the summer of 2020 says otherwise.
edit on 8-11-2022 by ManSizedSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Sounding awfully presidential here with this letter. A damn sight better than what we currently have.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Don't Waco me bro.

Typical violent leftist,blame everyone else for their violence and accuse others of what they do.
No morals ever.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Don't Waco me bro.

You're wrong on soooo many levels

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

im starting to think the federal government might eventually be forced to teach rebel states another lesson soon if this keeps up.

If it's not a right given expressly to government, it falls to the states. Bill of Rights

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Rightly so. The monitors wouldn’t be there to guarantee voter integrity. They would be tasked with finding any incidents that they can hold up to the world as racist voter suppression. To claim it’s epidemic.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Don't Waco me bro.

This is a troll right? Nobody can be this stupid naturally.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Come on now; you've been here almost as long as I have. You know we've seen this fairly regularly since the previous election. It doesn't usually come from this old of an account, but it still happens way more often than it should.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

lol what a cake.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

Don't Waco me bro.

Typical violent leftist,blame everyone else for their violence and accuse others of what they do.
No morals ever.

They only do it because you let them get away with it.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

at least they are asking. In 2016 and 2020 they simply hacked them. I am very glad and not surprised our governor gave him the finger....

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Voter intimidation in your face. Biden himself has been using voter intimidation.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Don’t feee the obvious troll

top topics

<<   2 >>

join