It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here use Patreon as a platform for their business?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I am a complete technophobe, not that I dislike new technology, I just avoid technology that I can't see any use for.
So, down to the nitty gritty.
I was watching a video the other day (UK's Neil Oliver to be precise) and it was on a platform called Patreon.
Now I know I had heard of it, but had no idea what it was about. I made a weird assumption it was another form of YouTube/Bitchute etc, but it's not!
For quite some time now I have been wanting to get away from Facethingy for a number of reasons.
My main reason is as follows, hence my interest in Patreon.
On Facethingy I have my personal page, by business page, a couple of general interest group pages and in particular a Private page for my students.
Within my Private student page there are students who have studied with me in the past, but just sit there in the background now, pretty much doing nothing, but gleaning all sorts of useful information, hints and tips etc both from myself and other students/therapists. Some current students have expressed their views that said people are getting basically free information, whilst others are paying for doing courses and they feel its unfair.
I was going to just have a clear out over Christmas by contacting the lurkers individually and give them the option to leave the group if they were/are not intending to do any courses with me next year.
I also often get asked if I record my classes as maybe the date doesn't suit them to attend class live via zoom.
Some days I'll write an ;article' and put it all over my various groups and I get good responses and shares.

As I said I've been mulling the idea of 'monetising' what I do on there somehow, which is a no go with meta's rules and regulations.
I then considered looking into seeing if I could set up a members only section only accessible via password for more exclusive content.
I'm hoping you can see now where I'm going.

The universe decided to oblige me the other day by directing me to watch the Neil Oliver video where he was doing his comparison with past history to what is going on now. That is how I found Patreon as he is on there.

The crux of Patreon is that you set up your account where people pay to have varying levels of access to your material.
On screen it appears to be the answer. But it is an American based company and I was wondering:
a) is there anybody else on here who uses this platform and how do they find it.
b) in particular any UK members who are on there and have there been any issues with it being an American based company?

Any advise, recommendations, hints, tips, would be very much appreciated.
Link to Patreon website

My apologies now if I've used wrong technical terms etc.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I hate to see an honest question thread go unanswered , so I will try and answer .

1)

I am a complete technophobe

Don't be .

2)

The crux of Patreon is that you set up your account where people pay to have varying levels of access to your material.

You got it .

3)

I then considered looking into seeing if I could set up a members only section only accessible via password for more exclusive content.

That's why folks use Patreon .

4)

n particular any UK members who are on there and have there been any issues with it being an American based company?

Not UK , but I do know folks from all over the world that do use Patreon .

5)

is there anybody else on here who uses this platform and how do they find it

I , myself , use it more for as a "customer" than a "producer" .
Mostly for game mods .
As far as how do I like it ? It serves a purpose as any other purchase site .

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Thank you so very much for taking the time to reply, very much appreciated.
You certainly whittled it down to my biggest concerns and answered them perfectly.
You have boosted my confidence in the site.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

You can use Pateron for private classes. I sell on Ebay, and subscribe to the Auction Professor on Pateron. This is from the prospective of the subscriber.

Pateron shows me different levels I can subscribe to. For example level 1 is $1, level 2 is $5, and level 3 is $10. I'm sure you can set it up anyway you want the levels and money to be. That is how the auction professor has it set up. Pateron bills the subscriber monthly. The subscriber can unsubscribe at any time. They will loose all access to the information.

Each level the person gains more information. For level 1 you can have beginner classes, level 2 intermediate classes, and level 3 advanced classes or full curriculum.

The auction professor provides his information through videos. He gives out free information on You Tube, and lets people know if they want more in-depth information to subscribe to his Pateron.

I also play sims 4, and some content creators who create mods for the game are on Pateron. The game allows content creators to accept payment for new content for a couple of weeks. After that it has to be free. Many of those on Pateron have free content where you can support the creator either through a one time donation or a monthly subscription. The player can click the link to download the content to add to their game.

Pateron can be used in many different ways.

Edit: When I log into the Auction Professor, the pateron page shows a list of viedos. It also has a community tab where people can talk and post questions like a Facebook group.

edit on 9/11/2022 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Mystery_Lady
Thank you!
My apologies, I have only just seen your post.
Very useful information and much appreciated.
It's going to take a bit of figuring out, but I'll get there, I think

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

join