It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland Law Enforcement Arms Sent to Ukraine Ending Up in Hands of Criminals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Many here predicted this exact outcome

So 8 months later we now have both sides sending overtures for negotiations, but we have now supplied Bandidos International with all the small arms they will likely need for the next decade. As well as an excellent revenue stream on the weapons black market

Finland Law Enforcement Arms Sent to Ukraine Ending Up in Hands of Criminals.
news.antiwar.com...

Finland’s national law enforcement agency, the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), has warned that weapons being shipped to Ukraine are ending up in the hands of criminal gangs.

The Finnish broadcaster YLE reported Sunday that a preliminary investigation conducted by the NBI found that criminals in Finland may have captured military arms sent to Ukraine.

“We’ve seen signs of these weapons already finding their way to Finland,” Christer Ahlgren, the NBI’s detective superintendent, told YLE. Ahlgren said that weapons shipped to Ukraine have also been found in Sweden, Denmark, and the Netherlands.

Ahlgren didn’t specify what type of weapons criminals were getting hold of, and the Yle report only mentioned rifles. He said that the routes for trafficking the weapons from Ukraine were already in place and said motorcycle gangs were involved in the activity.

“Three of the world’s largest motorcycle gangs—that are part of larger international organizations—are active in Finland. One of these is Bandidos MC, which has a unit in every major Ukrainian city,” Ahlgren said.

There’s been virtually no oversight of the tens of billions of dollars worth of weapons that the US and its NATO allies have been pouring into Ukraine. Back in April, one source briefed on US intelligence told CNN that sending weapons into Ukraine was like dropping the arms into a “big black hole.”

In August, CBS released a short documentary that quoted the head of an NGO that helps get military equipment to Ukraine, who estimated only 30%-40% of the arms are making it to the frontlines. The documentary was quickly retracted after pressure from the Ukrainian government, and CBS said that the 30% estimation was based on figures in April.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Biden has been instrumental in releasing felons from prison so arming them seems to be the next step.

When lawlessness is totally out of control, not just in the US but world wide, there will be a major crisis that calls for action from the UN 'peacekeepers' and a new, united global front to restore order.

'Burn it all down' is rolling out fast.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   

That's impossible.

Ukraine are the good guys.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Oh come on guys the Ukrainian government is issuing hand written receipts to us officials for weapon shipments.
(source)

Everything must be on the up and up!

But seriously one can't help but wonder if the "criminals" being referred to here are previously convicted war criminals from azov or hurricane batallion. I feel it's highly likely...

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Not sure is it true or not, i think there is now investigation to it.

link

So lets wait what they find, it's in official level now .

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well no #, I always said this would happen. Still they need weapons and it's good that we send them.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Could be just a small amount for all I know. But it's inevitable that both Russian and Ukrainian weapons will leak out onto the black market. Sometimes it's total chaos out there, even the world's least corrupt government wouldn't be able to keep track of every gun.

Freedom is just more important to me than gun control.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Now one of our CT-ers should look into what became of a sh**load of weapons that belonged to the Soviet Army when they pulled out of eastern Europe. I'll give a free hint: Kalashnikovs were all over Europe for a while.

Lesson is that not only Ukraine has problems with this. Let's stay real, folks.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Yeeh the amount of weapons going to Ukraine is so big that something can allways happen, one middle man doing own business and some weapons selled to wrong hands.

It' s stil worth it yes. And not same scale at all what US forces left to taliban once they left from Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
In every war there have been people who try to make a profit out of the war, it has always been seen as immoral. Even countries made profit out of the war as did US with WW2. There is always scam and shady persons who think only for themselves and has no remourse what they are doing or to what their actions will lead to. War in Ukraine is no different and when you think about Putin he thinks he can benefit greatly when going on with this war or loose everything. Time will tell.
edit on 8-11-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   

yep. this was bound to happen.
figured a lot of missing re-sold equip. would find its way back into the former western europe
to arm all the refo,s for the next phase of total collapse and nwo.
time will tell
it would be so nice to be really bloody wrong with this line of thought
ok off to watch a western and have a beer
keep yer powder dry:?

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Now one of our CT-ers should look into what became of a sh**load of weapons that belonged to the Soviet Army when they pulled out of eastern Europe. I'll give a free hint: Kalashnikovs were all over Europe for a while.

Lesson is that not only Ukraine has problems with this. Let's stay real, folks.

Cheers

Did those weapons originate in Russia, or did someone send them to Russia?

There is a distinction there, as well.
edit on 11/8/2022 by MykeNukem because: 🍻

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Manufactured in the USSR, whereever they had arms factories.

Regardless.

It was their equipment and loads of it was sold off on the black market when they were told they were going home.

Point is, they get up to corrupt and sleazy things as well. As do many countries. Thus, I'm not particularly surprised that weapons have gone missing in Ukraine. The black market arms trade is brisk, lucrative, and risky.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Oh, for sure they're both sleazebag countries IMO

Actually I love the people from both countries, but their LEADERS are the sleazebags.

edit on 11/9/2022 by MykeNukem because: 🍻

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I've noticed that in every conflict with USA involvement, pallets of cash, guns and humvees vanish enroute or from a base. Hell, even when the US leaves the conflict to their proxy in Iraq, equipment is easier to move, just order a regional retreat and all that gear can just be captured. No need to remove it secretly and pass it on to a double proxy. Is there a better term for that? I got it from "double agent" where one is fighting for both sides, but will betray one of the sides in favor of the other.

Organized crime reaches law enforcements and militaries and official administrations. Most involved probably don't even know their blackmailers are passing goods to the opponents, though I'm sure some can put the pieces together well enough, but they won't say a word to keep their family "safe."

top topics

join