It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Announced Today That They Will "Monitor" Polls in 24 States to Protect Civil Rights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I haven't been around here for a while, but I have been lurking for years, and now I just had to post this.

This makes me very nervous. Do we really have a problem with people being denied the right to vote anywhere in this country?

Because of this, and other things, like the fact that Keri Lake's opponent in AZ is Election Commissioner, I don't expect a red wave, or even a red tide. I hope I'm wrong, but I expect that we will be waiting for a long time for election results, and they will be disappointing for those of us who have had it with the people trying to destroy this country.

The Justice Department announced today its plans to monitor compliance with federal voting rights laws in 64 jurisdictions in 24 states for the Nov. 8, 2022 general election. Since the passage of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, the Civil Rights Division has regularly monitored elections in the field in jurisdictions around the country to protect the rights of voters.

Am I that out of it? DOJ has been monitoring elections since 1965 looking for Civil Rights violations? Have they ever found any? Why did they wait until the day before the election to announce?

The Civil Rights Division will also take complaints from the public nationwide regarding possible violations of the federal voting rights laws through its call center.

Why, so they can be immediately dismissed for lack of evidence?

For the general election, the Civil Rights Division will monitor for compliance with the federal voting rights laws on Election Day and/or in early voting in 64 jurisdictions

Why just 64? Are these civil rights problem areas? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I remember people's civil rights being violated is when Obama was running, and Black Panthers armed with clubs stood outside of polling places threatening those nasty white folks who tried to vote, and as far as I can remember, nothing happened to them.

DOJ Announcement

This reeks of 2020 all over again.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AntiNWO

Missouri already told them to pound sand.
Told them they can observe from 15 yards outside the doors of the polling locations.

Apparently they been sending emails to local elections judges and not including State officials in their communications.

Definitely Shady bullying tactics on counties.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Dept of Justice AG Merrick Garland reduced the once tough Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich, down to a little bearded sissy.

They clashed: www.azcentral.com...

AG Brnovich lost.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This doesn't sound like what you're asserting:

“My office is not amused by the DOJ’s posturing and will not tolerate any effort to undermine or interfere with our State Senate’s audit to reassure Arizonans of the accuracy of our elections,” Brnovich wrote. 

“We stand ready to defend federalism and state sovereignty against any partisan attacks or federal overreach. … Arizona will not sit back and let the Biden administration abuse its authority, refuse to uphold laws, or attempt to commandeer our state’s sovereignty.” 

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What’s that Lassie? Democracy is in the well?

Guess ‘ol Joe Q Public better keep an eye on the sheriff and his rescue team.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   

If we are going to live in a surveilled society, the TWO places that 1000000%
Should have surveillance is in every classroom
AND at all polling places.

I was illegally discriminated against at mine. I wish there were cameras and video proof!
If people don’t want IDs, then their face on camera will have to do!
edit on 7-11-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   
civil rights denials or intimidation into cohersion which leads to people not wanting to get butt #'d?

When the government can't have it by way of normal means bring in the Shabazz quotient...

civil liberties my ass. You can't carry a firearm to voting stations so it attracts retards in some cities that don't care about prison because...

oh yeah and beer for my friends...

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   

They are trying to steal the election again.

Can't the individual States tell them to take a hike we don't need you to "monitor"?

Will they succeed?

AND if they do will anything happen?

Because if something isn't done about it you might as well be living in Banana.
edit on 11/8/2022 by MykeNukem because: 🍻

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Question: Does anyone know if the places that have actually had people convicted of voter fraud are the places the DOJ is watching?

Like the OP, I clearly remember when Obama was running for President the DOJ ended up doing nothing to the Black Panthers who stood in front of polling places intimidating people. The DOJ refused to pursue any actions against the Black Panthers for clear racist voter intimidation.

I have been long advocating for international unbiased observers because the Democrats are quite adamant that Republicans are evil dangerous people who hate democracy. Democrats claim the elections where John Kerry and Hillary lost were stolen by Republicans. Republicans are positive that Democrats stole the 2020 election and don't trust Democrats to man polling stations.

So there MUST be Republicans and Democrat poll watchers allowed as close as 6 feet to workers to watch every polling station in the nation AND there should be international observers at every polling station. Because Americans refuse to trust each other.

Democrats feel Republicans and anyone and everyone who doesn't agree 100% with their political policies or ever changing morality are: ignorant, racists, sexists, homophobes, transphobes, deplorable, people who cling to guns and bibles, domestic terrorists, enemies of the US, and part of the "dark forces" in the world.

Democrats believe they are the only ones who believe in democracy and therefore the only party fit to govern the US, and the US would be best off under their single party governance.

Republicans feel Democrats are forcing a moral code on the US that is harmful to children and is erasing biological women in favor of women with a penis; are purposely destroying energy independence and want high gas prices to achieve their "incredible transition"(as Biden said) to green energy; don't care about inflation caused in part by high gas prices as the cost to get goods to processors and then to market has increased dramatically; are snowflakes who can not tolerate anyone disagreeing with them or even accidentally hurting their or others feelings; they feel Democrats attempt to punish any and everyone who disagrees with their policies or moral edicts by trying to get them fired, social media destroying them, personally destroying them and therefore are anti-free speech and anti-personal freedom to disagree with liberals.

Republicans believe they are the only ones who can restore the economy to what it was 4 years ago and that they alone believe in traditional morality as expressed in the 6th through the 10th commandments, that talk about how to have a successful society.

So we desperately need international observers in the US at as many polling stations as possible. NOT the DOJ who has over and over let Democrats off the hook for political crimes but will prosecute to the fullest extent Republicans or conservatives. Thus giving the American people the impression that they are politically tied to the Democratic Party.

edit on 11/8/22 by The2Billies because: grammar

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 04:53 AM
link   
They also announced that it would take days to know the results in some races…

I’m sorry but that is just indicative of massive fraud. No other country needs that barring ones that are actual dictatorships with hugely fraudulent elections that still have to go through that song and dance due to international pressure or something.

Seriously if India, with a much larger electorate than the US and being a much less developed country can know the results of their elections within 24 hours then there is no excuse at all.

US elections are conducted like South American ones.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
They also announced that it would take days to know the results in some races…

I’m sorry but that is just indicative of massive fraud. No other country needs that barring ones that are actual dictatorships with hugely fraudulent elections that still have to go through that song and dance due to international pressure or something.

Seriously if India, with a much larger electorate than the US and being a much less developed country can know the results of their elections within 24 hours then there is no excuse at all.

US elections are conducted like South American ones.

Was about to post about this, just read that Brazil had 156 million people vote and the winner was declared within 24-36 hours, so even South America's Brazil seems more efficient at free and fair elections

I find it ridiculous and suspicious after 2020, we still have to be concerned about the process of mail-in votes and how and when to count them. A delay of over 2 days is crazy inefficient and definitely could be taken advantage of.

Got no problem with mail in votes, but have problems with the security and vetting process of mail in votes.

Honestly part of me thinks we ought to use military personnel to count the mail in ballots, and secure them. Id feel better about that angle than how it's currently done.

nypost.com...

Pennsylvania election results could take ‘days,’ secretary of the commonwealth says

The results of Pennsylvania’s midterm elections could take “days” to tabulate, a state official said Wednesday.

Acting Secretary of the Commonwealth Leigh Chapman told NBC’s Chuck Todd that because of a state law restricting when mail-in ballots can begin to be counted, official results for pivotal races for the US Senate and the Governor’s Mansion will not be available on election night.

“Days, and it’s hard to estimate,” Chapman told Todd on “Meet the Press NOW” when asked how long it could take to declare a winner in a race that could decide which party controls the Senate.

The acting secretary added that the state has received about half of the 1.3 million absentee and mail-in ballots requested by Pennsylvania voters. Those ballots cannot be opened until 7 a.m. on Election Day, unlike other states that “pre-canvass” mail-in ballots.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

If i was AG of AZ i would coordinate for these federal officials to meet with me, and the sheriff of each county, to have them arrested for conspiring to interfere with an election and voter intimidation. Even if the charges didnt stick they can be held without charging them for at least 24 hours so the people can vote in peace.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

So we desperately need international observers in the US at as many polling stations as possible...

Hell no!!!

We have no more reason to trust others than to trust ourselves. We're citizens not subjects. We need to get our act together and make this right. No one else can or will make this right.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: carewemust

This doesn't sound like what you're asserting:

“My office is not amused by the DOJ’s posturing and will not tolerate any effort to undermine or interfere with our State Senate’s audit to reassure Arizonans of the accuracy of our elections,” Brnovich wrote. 

“We stand ready to defend federalism and state sovereignty against any partisan attacks or federal overreach. … Arizona will not sit back and let the Biden administration abuse its authority, refuse to uphold laws, or attempt to commandeer our state’s sovereignty.” 

Brnovich pushed back big against Garland publicly...but collapsed privately...which eventually showed up in his public statements and non-actions. Last week, AG Brnovich bad-mouthed Kari Lake. Trump withdrew Brnovich's endorsement, after his collapse.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

They are trying to steal the election again.

Can't the individual States tell them to take a hike we don't need you to "monitor"?

Will they succeed?

AND if they do will anything happen?

Because if something isn't done about it you might as well be living in Banana.

From what I heard, because this is a "civil rights issue" and not technically to do with the election, the states must allow it. Leave it to the Democrats to create loopholes out of thin air.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Authorized "Observers" are just right for protecting cheats and ballot deliveries 😎

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Authorized "Observers" are just right for protecting cheats and ballot deliveries 😎

Tuesday, Nov 8, 2022 ELECTION DAY

Out of Philadelphia - Good Development.

Philadelphia officials voted Tuesday morning to impose a last-minute rule change that will draw out the vote-count process.

The city's three-member elections board voted 2-1 in favor of imposing poll book reconciliation, a lengthy process intended to prevent double votes, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported Tuesday. The reconciliation process would flag any mail-in ballots from voters who also cast ballots in person.

City commissioners made the eleventh-hour decision at a 7 a.m. meeting on Tuesday. The board is comprised of two Democrats and one Republican . The Republican voted in favor of the change, along with one of the Democrats, while the second Democrat objected.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

SOMEONE needs to start an ATS Thread to Post election developments as they occur today and this week. I have to go to work and won't be able to properly "nurse" such a thread today.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There's a list of all the places that they will be covering at the link I left in my OP for anyone who's curious.

They certainly have Arizona covered. They will be covering 4 of the largest counties, plus Navajo county, which is number 9.
That's 6,348,575 out of the 7,276,316 total population. If my math is correct, that's 87%.

I guess they're really worried about those white supremacists there.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Scripted incidents already planned as false flag operations !! 😀

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Since when did we get a Department of "Justice"?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join