It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is acting like a 1980s radio station contest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Choose a different DNS is what helped ninety percent of the time when ATS acts up for me.

Cloudflare DNS 1.1.1.1 is lightning fast for me and I am from Europe, I should have a worse connection than most.

And I VPN in from elsewhere via mobile into my home computer and go from there, so it's like another station in between added that would put delay. Not a single hickup in the last eight weeks or so.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Has nothing to do with internet via spyPhone or with WiFi. Have these problems since almost two years. I never use WiFi or a spyPhone for the web, have a 500Mbit/s, tried switching on and off my VPN and i don´t know what else.

My everyday experience with ATS since around two years:

I have bookmarked the "new" section, i click it and it loads up, at least good enough to read the text. If i can see the forum signs i know it´s even worse. Because then i only can open one or two threads, in a time frame of around 3-5 minutes, to read them. I have to reload and reload and i have to be lucky to hit the exact few seconds in these 3-5 minutes ATS allows me to load/open any pages of it. If i am very lucky i manage to open even three pages i want to read in these few seconds.

When one of these threads is interesting and i want to write something, give some info or whatever, i have to login now. Same procedure, trying to hit the exact few seconds ATS allows me to to load the login page. If i am lucky and i logged in, now i have to reload the page of the thread i wanted to answer or whatever. Same procedure "as every year". Then, when i managed to login and reload the page, i can´t star and flag for around 5 minutes, can´t use the quote function, if i manage to write something and want to post it... you meanwhile know how it works for me, the few seconds in the time frame. If i then see that i need to correct something...

Uploading pics doesn´t work for me since a very long time, trying to write an own thread uses to much time and nerves under these circumstances. I often don´t read the threads i want to read because i can do something better with my time than to waste it to read ATS threads. For me it feels like somebody slowly wants to destroy ATS. Or it is the machinery behind the honey pot ATS meanwhile turned to, they first want to make clear that they exactly know who and where you are, i really don´t know. Maybe it´s because i secured everything to the max, block everything and everybody that and who doesn´t need to spy on me while i use the web. And maybe that is not ok for somebody...

ATS is the only website i have these problems with so there is no need to doctor around at my modem ports or whatever crap, i simply use ATS less and less. People are reporting problems since at least two years too but somehow the owners of the website don´t seem to be interested to fix anything. Less QoL for me, less clicks for them, simple as that.

To write this comment took me more than 30 minutes now because of the said problems and i don´t know how long it takes till i am allowed to reply now. Using ATS for me is like trying to play football with only one leg and no football shoes. I only did write the comment because i took a break from what i was doing and had to drink a coffee. Coffee went cold, my body temperature went up because of that BS effing around with my nerves. But good in these times, at least some free heat...

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   

a reply to: DerBeobachter
Using ATS for me is like trying to play football with only one leg and no football shoes.

LMAO

We all have that experience

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Ask mr. Miyagi for training, you'll be THE soccer kid in no time.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yep, my tablet died. So this is it til after Christmas.

Two of the tablets ( Samsung/I-pad) also had this issue.
Seems the oldest tablet I had was perfect for ATS.

LOL, thanks. Can't wait to get device that's suitable for ATS.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

I tried that but I always forget to "wax off", I only ever remember to "wax on".

Gotta remember to "wax off".

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Hehehe... whack on, whack ohh

I'm working on it.

Hahahaa

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Gotta remember to "wax off".

Spits coffee...

Dirty minds think alike.
😆

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Does the same to me all the time and my wifi is solid almost 1 gig a second with almost zero drop time

It does this ALL the time on my phone

The facts are clear apparently the new owners have no interest in fixing the issues w the site

They'll keep it up until it breaks irreparably or people get frustrated enough they leave

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I turned off the Verizon internet and just used the phone data. I tried

Granted I can connect in bits. I'll take what I can.

The old owners are supposed to still be working with the ATS site.

ats staff
Founder: SimonGray
CEO & Community Director: Bill (SkepticOverlord)
COO & Marketing Director: Mark (Springer)
CFO Stephen (Crakeur)
Executive Admin: Djarums
Administrator: DontTreadOnMe
Administrator: Majic
Admin Emeritus: William One Sac

"super" moderators
AboveTopSecret.com, alien, argentus, Blaine91555, elevatedone, GAOTU789, Gemwolf, JAK, Jbird, maria_stardust, masqua, Sauron, semperfortis, TheBandit795, yeahright,

forum moderators
Ahabstar, ArMaP, Asktheanimals, bigfatfurrytexan, burdman30ott6, eriktheawful, gallopinghordes, Hefficide, JohnnyAnonymous, JustMike, Maxmars, seagull, spacedoubt, TheBorg, TheRedneck, xpert11, Zaphod58, Zarniwoop,

I'm not sure what is happening.

edit on 8-11-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

That's frustrating as hell. No wonder I've not seen you as often as I use to. I like seeing you around.

Sounds spot on for me.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Noted, and being looked into. My router is 3 years old. They said it was the fastest then. Took 2 hours to load a simple game.

My laptop is 5 years old, it crashed after a Microsoft update.

Forever blue screen.

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Interesting I haven't talked to Mark since he and corbell went to skinwalker. I should reach out and see how he's doing

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Gothmog

Yep, my tablet died. So this is it til after Christmas.

Two of the tablets ( Samsung/I-pad) also had this issue.
Seems the oldest tablet I had was perfect for ATS.

LOL, thanks. Can't wait to get device that's suitable for ATS.

Word up , stop playing with kids' toys .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join