It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear evidence of Intelligent Design

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This thread reminds of me of one of my favorite philosophical questions:

"Why is there something instead of nothing?"

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Thejaybird

"Why is there something instead of nothing?"

Because something is far more attractive than nothing.

Best I can do

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'm still thinking reality into place and it fits so incredibly well with what I think reality is....

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Archivalist

Suboptimal life was simply unable to compete. 100% of life that persists today is 0.1% of all life that tried. That's 3,998,000,000+ species which succumbed to the process of "intelligent design". Less design and more rolling of the dice it would appear.

Or, it worked - and is working - as designed.

As an agnostic, it never ceases to amaze me the contortions atheists will go to to embrace ignorance.

ETA: great thread by the way, wish I was a quantum physicist and could actually comprehend the details.
edit on 7-11-2022 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   

a reply to: nugget1
Not a single question in my mind was answered.

After all of that... that's all you got?

Embrace ignorance?

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 06:42 AM
link   

If your examination of subatomic behavior needs to be focused through an ideological lens, aka studying the why instead of the how, I have to wonder if you're actually studying physics or your identity in relation to physics. One might even argue that you're putting Descartes before the horse.

One might retort that the same can be said for one whose examination behavior needs to omit ALL potential explanations, including one that you may find distasteful for some reason due to pre-conceived biases.

And yes, it's possible to separate the baggage of the human psyche from the subject of objective examination, otherwise it's not objective. It's called the scientific method, not scientific bias.

Which just shows how closed minded you are.

Anyone who claims that they can completely eliminate all of their 'baggage of the human psyche' is just lying to themselves, and invalidating ALL of their claimed results of any such examination.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
You know, when this error correction fails, the results include cancer.

Error correction can only do so much in the face of extreme ignorance and violation of the nutritional laws for any given species.

For an intelligent designer, there seems to be a non-negligible fault rate.

Or, there is an extreme level of ignorance with regard to the laws governing optimal, vital health.

Your intelligent designer FAILED to get rid of cancer,

There is no cancer when humans eat the diet they are intended to eat.

When oneviolates those nutritional principles/requirements, metabolic dysfunction slowly develops, until it overwhelms the error-correcting efforts. at least in humans.

Now our very real, intelligent scientists, have to deal with that. Our doctors have to deal with that. Our families have to deal with that.

It has been dealt with, the proper human diet is well defined, and all one needs to do to avail themselves of the miraculous error-correcting functions of the human metablism is follow the rules and eat a species appropriate diet.

Ask any zoo-keeper what happens if they feed caged wild animals a diet contrary to what they are intended to eat (what they eat in the wild). They get all of the same diseases that modern man (eating the standard american diet) gets, from diabetes, arthritis, heart disease - and yes, cancer.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne
a reply to: neoholographic

Yes, God did. And it got it wrong. It designed humans like an apprentice, an undexterous engineer, or a clumsy designer.

9 useless body parts that humans no longer need

Just hope next time that kiddy god tries to create something at leat asks the real experts.

Or... intelligent design incorporates the concepts of evolution as one of its many self-correcting tools.

As to the examples in your link, the appendix is actually proof that humans used to be, but are no longer, herbivorous. Gorillas spend 95+% of their time eating vegetation, (chewing takes up a lot of that time), and have a fully functional 'appendix', otherwise known as a cecum, whose sole purpose is to break down plant fiber to extract fatty acids. In effect, gorillas, who eat primarily vegetation, are eating a very high fat diet.

Humans evolved to simply get their high fat and protein in a much simpler, direct and far m ore efficient manner: eating fatty red meat.

As for any other useless appendages or features, if there is no real advantage to losing one - meaning, it doesn't hurt anything - then there is no reason to expend any resources to change it.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

the appendix
The Appendix actually does have a purpose, and it is quite ingenious. As our mothers transfer our first taste of bacteria when we are born it is the first bacteria to enter our sterile body's and the first to enter our guts to become our flora and fauna of our digestive tract.

Because of its design the appendix is not washed out and is intended as a storage unit for the good gut bacteria to replenish the intestines when they get flushed by eating something unintended or, unhealthy.

And as anyone might know, there is a direct connection between our guts, and our brains. And today's diet of garbage can not replace what "Mother Nature" intended us to have. Antibiotics that destroy not only the bad gut bacteria, but also whats left of the good.

There actually is a "chemical imbalance" at the root of many psychological conditions, but it isn't in our heads, its in our gut's. "Let food be your medicine" is absolutely true.

The ENS may trigger big emotional shifts experienced by people coping with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and functional bowel problems such as constipation, diarrhea, bloating, pain and stomach upset. “For decades, researchers and doctors thought that anxiety and depression contributed to these problems. But our studies and others show that it may also be the other way around,” Pasricha says. Researchers are finding evidence that irritation in the gastrointestinal system may send signals to the central nervous system (CNS) that trigger mood changes.

The Brain-Gut Connection

So today we find a global population seeming out of their minds because doctors mistakenly remove what gave the world balance, that little warehouse called the Appendix.

Not useless, at all.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have no idea what i just read but well done on the thread!

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
So today we find a global population seeming out of their minds because doctors mistakenly remove what gave the world balance, that little warehouse called the Appendix.

Not useless, at all.

Interesting contribution. I don't have time or the need to vette what you are saying, so will take your word for it for now...

But it doesn't matter, because it would only back up my point... that the process of evolution absolutely is the result of intelligent design. Converting a cecum, necessary to breaking down plant fibers into the essential fatty acids in an herbivore, into something that actually contributes to health in another way, is fairly ingenious.

One question I would have is, is it necessary in a human that is eating a species appropriate diet (carnivore, or at least ketovore)... a question for another day...

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Depends.
For instance, whose asking
a reply to: Thejaybird

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Ask any zoo-keeper what happens if they feed caged wild animals a diet contrary to what they are intended to eat (what they eat in the wild). They get all of the same diseases that modern man (eating the standard american diet) gets, from diabetes, arthritis, heart disease - and yes, cancer.

This speaks volumes that evolution is how life lives and grows. Why else would all life need exact diets and environments if that wasn't what we evolved in.

I have said a number of times that going to an alien planet that resembles earth in many ways is not really good since pretty much everything there will either be bad for us or poison since we didn't evolve in that environment. It would be like feeding your dog cholate for us. Not to mentioned billion of years of micros bacteria and viruses we have not seen nor are bodies even remotely have protection from lol.

Anyhow there is a reason animals eat what they eat to be healthy and it has nothing to do with intelligent design.

edit on 7-11-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

One question I would have is, is it necessary in a human that is eating a species appropriate diet (carnivore, or at least ketovore)... a question for another day...

Yes it is because GOD said so, or made us that way never to change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe we evolve according to our environment? hmmm

Why does the body start to break down after about age 35? The simple answer is because evolution stops at the point childbearing years stop, so unless a mass number of people start to have babies in their 40s 50s 70 70s etc.. there is no evolution for those ages. sickle cell is a great example of evolution in that people developed a blood cell that malaria can not affect, so those live to have babies while with norm blood cell people many die early, and so do not have babies. This allows Sickle cell to thrive even though it greatly reduces the life span by decades, but evolution doesn't care since that life span reduction is after childbearing years.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

If your examination of subatomic behavior needs to be focused through an ideological lens, aka studying the why instead of the how, I have to wonder if you're actually studying physics or your identity in relation to physics. One might even argue that you're putting Descartes before the horse.

One might retort that the same can be said for one whose examination behavior needs to omit ALL potential explanations, including one that you may find distasteful for some reason due to pre-conceived biases.

And yes, it's possible to separate the baggage of the human psyche from the subject of objective examination, otherwise it's not objective. It's called the scientific method, not scientific bias.

Which just shows how closed minded you are.

Anyone who claims that they can completely eliminate all of their 'baggage of the human psyche' is just lying to themselves, and invalidating ALL of their claimed results of any such examination.

Pre conceived bias is the theme of this topic, if you haven't noticed. Or did you think neoholographic was a blank slate when they stumbled across these articles and accidentally decrypted the secrets of the universe?

edit on 7-11-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

After all of that... that's all you got?

Embrace ignorance?

For some reason complexity can only equal intelligent design... Its like people reach a point of not understanding something and then just say "well God did it" kind of like what we have done for 200,000 years... Why does the wind blow, what is the sun, moon, planets, and stars, what is love and war etc etc. They are all Gods, didn't people know that? The big question is why are they still NOT Gods... That question is one that should hit every person who believe in intelligent design right between the eyes, but it could be a sledge hammer and they would still not see or feel it.

edit on 7-11-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Refer to my previous remarks about mortality, nihilism and sacrilege.

edit on 7-11-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Or... intelligent design incorporates the concepts of evolution as one of its many self-correcting tools.

So you now admit your inteligent designer is fully error-prone. And your designer, anticipating his own shortcomings, tried to correct his mistakes through evolution, in which case what use is that designer? We can easily do without him.

On the other hand, people is still born with all those errors, useless organs, and stupid useless teeth, so it seems evolution is also lazy and non-diligent.

Let's face it: to be born is to be born fragile, sick, with a bad design that requires you to be constantly adapting to an environment that, in addition, you yourself destroy.

Intelligent design? No, thank you.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Direne

"Free will" apparently is a built in mechanism operating on all levels across sociology biology and subatomic physics, that introduces errors on a semi regular basis, perpetuating a need for oversight and micromanagement. In a sentence, job security.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Mistakes are an essential and unavoidable part of nature. They are due to quantum fluctuation, which is chaotic and unpredictable.

Nothing and no one escapes errors, no matter how intelligent a designer wants to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join