It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Conspiracy Author' David Icke Banned From EU, Labeled A "Terrorist"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

I'm afraid over here lawyers are now discouraged from using latin.

Which is just as well as I'm not that well versed in it.

Non illigetemi carborundum est, or something.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Guess David is No Longer just some " Crack Pot " to be Laughed at Anymore . Hmm....

No one Heeds the Rantings of a Mad Man Unless a Kernel of a Truth can be Detected Amongst their Words.............
edit on 4-11-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Depends on your point of view, I suppose.

Me, I just think he's a bit eccentric, but harmless.

No, he shouldn't be banned from anywhere.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Well they didn’t like certain drugs so they banned them, worked out really well didn’t it? Next thing you know we will have the CIA illicitly smuggling David Icke ramblings.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Depends on your point of view, I suppose.

Me, I just think he's a bit eccentric, but harmless.

No, he shouldn't be banned from anywhere.

So , Basically you are Admitting that you have Scant Information about this Man but Can Still make a " Value Judgement " Concerning his God Given Right and Freedom to Express Himself Amongst his Fellow Humans Without Governmental Restraint ? Hmm.... Got it .

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
MykeNukem
Oldcarpy2

Being relatively "new" here, I am unaware of the posting relationship you may share with each other. I understand how such things can evolve. But I assure you, one day, you may agree with each other. And all of this contention will become unimportant in the larger scale of things.

While MykeNukem has a valid point in that it's the the OP being what we are discussing (please respect that much at least,) I still don't find it unreasonable to find value in Oldcarpy2's input. Title crafting is important.

If I might impose upon your sensibilities, when you reach a point where you deem it necessary to address each other; please remember that unless it serves the conversation, it is 'technically' a distraction... one the author never intended to include.

Perhaps no apology is necessary; but my offering of one was sincere, on my part; I suppose "being diplomatic" is in my nature. But I have never found it to be a weakness, as other may choose to.

... and now I am guilty of off-topic thread drift... dang it!

Should I 'sanction' myself, I wonder?

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

What?

I said he should not be banned?

I have followed his stuff for years, by the way.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I have actually agreed with him lots of times.

I have a thick skin and bear no grudges. Mostly.

One does one's best.

Back on topic, eccentricity is an English trait.

It's not a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

" But I assure you, one day, you may agree with each other. And all of this contention will become unimportant in the larger scale of things. "

LOL , I'll take that Bet . I am Layin' 9 to 1 Against , You Game ? ................*)

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

... Next thing you know we will have the CIA illicitly smuggling David Icke ramblings.

I wish I were skilled enough to create apolitical cartoon describing that... but then, the CIA would probably smuggle 'edited' versions of his ramblings to accentuate his idiosyncratic metaphorical manner.

Funny - nevertheless.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I'm not going to comment on what you said.

Carry on...

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" But I assure you, one day, you may agree with each other. And all of this contention will become unimportant in the larger scale of things. "

LOL , I'll take that Bet . I am Layin' 9 to 1 Against , You Game ? ................*)

Ok, Ok... it's just a theory... 7 to 3 and you're on. [insert cheesy smile here]

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

quote]originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: MykeNukem

They have....."

You lose that bet
edit on 4-11-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

What?

I said he should not be banned?

I have followed his stuff for years, by the way.

Ah Yeah , ( Sarcasm ) . Are you Pissing Down my Back and then Telling me it is Just Raining here Old Man > ? Somehow I just cannot Vision in my Mind you Personally Viewing ANY David Icke Video Without Turning it Off the Minute you Hear the Phrase " You are Living in a Lie " ................LOL , GTFOOH......................)

edit on Fri Nov 4 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed tags

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Attention:

If you are talking about each other or expressing opinions of each other you are off-topic and on a path that can and often does lead to Posting Bans. Please keep to the topic which is not each other.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Is that Pounds Vs Dollars Were Talkin' here Mate ? ..........*)

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You're welcome. I love it, too, and I never tire of watching it. By the way, the full movie is on YouTube for anyone interested.

Yes, that one scene is not indicative of the movie, but I felt it appropriate as an example of how authorities can persecute indiscriminately.

In the case of Icke, I don't think the authorities would have banned him if so many complaints hadn't been made. From the letter he received, I feel it's more a perception of other people's "declared" violent reactions (possibly bordering on terrorism) and for his own safety, rather than his beliefs and rantings, per se. If I understand correctly, he can still participate remotely..., this somehow being less caustic than his physical presence at the event in question. This way his right to freedom of expression isn't violated.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

That was my take on it, too.

But I really can't see why these folk get so triggered by him.

I have followed his stuff for years, mostly for the entertainment value, though.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Sorry I don't "do" metric... those are pounds, right? Some kind of EU "metric system" money?

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I can see that an effort has been made to associate him with "[insert trigger word]...ist" accusations, although the contents of his various materials (that I have seen) seems anything but hateful.

Once so labelled, many will apply that perception onto anything to do with him. I can understand that those especially sensitive to the concepts will react accordingly, it just confuses me as to the extent of what else they apparently will overlook.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join