It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Conspiracy Author' David Icke Banned From EU, Labeled A "Terrorist"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The public speaker and former BBC television host was due to attend an event in Amsterdam this weekend, but will now reportedly be prevented from entering any country in the European Union for a period of two years.

“Received an email from the Dutch. My dad, David Icke, has been banned from entering the EU for two years,” tweeted Gareth Icke. “They claim he is a “level three terrorist,” he added.

Received an email from the Dutch. My dad, David Icke, has been banned from entering the EU for two years.

They claim he is a "level three terrorist".

The old man is banned from entering the Netherlands.
Zero convictions, zero crimes committed.
Banned by the government
Wow.

...This is why the Netherlands has banned David Icke from entering

'Conspiracy Author' David Icke Banned From EU, Labeled A "Terrorist"

While not exactly a fervent afficionado of David Icke's message per se, I am still impressed at the response he managed to evoke from the authorities who, apparently had been given pause by the rapidity and eagerness with which some of his audience has responded.

This is a fear-response, of course. It shows that when we threaten the plans and agenda of the elite, they will use their codified authority to respond as if the threat to them is the threat to "us." Terrorism? really? Are they not aware that the rest of those paying attention see this hyperbolic response for what it is? This man speaks words. He has never called for violence - that I know of. Yet authorities respond as if the man carries bombs and bioweapons.

What makes "words" terror? Does authoritative bias against anything that contradicts the planned narrative now justify criminalizing it?... We saw this happen here in the US with the Covid narrative.... It seems that every time authorities are allowed to exert this kind of force with righteous impunity - we are somehow instructed or coerced to acquiescence lest we suffer 'sanctions' - who is inflicting terror on whom, in this scenario?

History already offers us examples of these kind of abuses. When they are used against a single person who believes something they don't like, or a person who asks uncomfortable questions... I think it speaks more to the authoritative body than to their "enemy."

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Im gonna check if this is all true (the UE bann) but if so, im gonna seriously check what his recent work is (I wasnt a big fan either, prolly because of the reptilian thing)

Damn, if thats true, thats... wow. Its gonna bring to him a fresh batch of new listeners/followers.

F* europe. F* the parasites.

edit : Ok, mainstream parasites are telling it too www.france24.com...
edit on 4-11-2022 by n00ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Bizarre. How is he a 'terrorist' ?

Cheers

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

History already offers us examples of these kind of abuses. When they are used against a single person who believes something they don't like, or a person who asks uncomfortable questions... I think it speaks more to the authoritative body than to their "enemy."

I don't care for David Icke personally, but this is absolute abuse of the word "terrorist" and the law concerning terrorists.

This is what happens when we let governments form the narrative.

F'N tyrants...

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

And the Dutch government used to be fairly normal and humanistic. They sure went full globalist fasco in a hurry.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Conspiracy theorist=terrorist now.

The conspirators are the sole purveyors of truth now.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
quoting the garbage MSM "france 24"

The presence of Icke could lead to unrest in the Netherlands at a time when violence and threats against politicians are on the rise, said the Dutch government.

Well I quite love to read that
1. they are threaten
and
2. they fear it

thats somehow a good news from that angle.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: n00ne

Thank you, there is always a need for this kind of support here at ATS. I appreciate your diligence.

Verification and alternate perspectives are important and should never be shunned.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Must have been the reptilians or the archons.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers

As far as I can tell they claim he is anti semetic-they think when he refers to the reptilians its a metaphor for Jewish bankers or something..
They claim his presense will cause disruption to order and to society.

Here is the letter he recieved-
davidicke.com... er-we-just-received-from-netherlands-immigration-please-share-every/

I know of him as do most in the UK but havent kept up to date with what he is up to,but I do find it a bit OTT if they are actually banning him for use of metaphor.
His views on the vaccines(anti) may in fact be the hidden reason that he was banned-But I really would have thought TPTB would love the idea of someone who claimed the queen and various other world leaders are actual shape shifting reptilian aliens to be "anti vax"-as that sounds wacky enough for most to think he is insane-metaphor or not.

Whatever you think of the guy,I find it difficult to put him in the "terrorist" box.
Unless he is calling for acts of terror/murder which I haven't heard-If he does that,fair enough ban him,but i have never read or heard people say he does that.

Whatever the case,no doubt he will claim they want to ban him because hes "onto the truth."

he seems more like many who try to make money from conspiracy theories-a few kernels of truth,mixed with flat out crazy unprovable wackiness.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

From the article:

far-left activist groups complained to the government and demanded he be barred from entering the country.

That explains things a little more clearly IMO.

edit on 11/4/2022 by MykeNukem because: 🍻

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

And the Dutch government used to be fairly normal and humanistic. They sure went full globalist fasco in a hurry.

I have respect for all true governments which represent the views and objectives of their collective constituencies.

Sadly, we have allowed ourselves (the EU and Dutch included) to submit to the notion that politically appointed "leaders" are as "elected and worthy" as the appointers who convinced us to vote for them.

When slamming or praising a nation, it's important to remember that there is a vital difference between what a government does and what the people actually want done.

And, to beat the dying horse, it calls into perspective the shades of 'official' posturing and responses against the uncooperative elements we saw here recently... and not so recently... and will likely see repeated... over and over, until we disallow it permanently.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

What makes "words" terror?

This is what I wonder about when I see people on Twitter saying that the site won’t be ‘safe’ if Elon doesn’t ban people for saying certain things.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Conspiracy theorist=terrorist now.

The conspirators are the sole purveyors of truth now.

There's no such thing as a "level three" terrorist, but the country that he was going to has a level three terror alert. So it's probably a poor translation.

It looks like he is having trouble with immigration because he made some antisemitic comments.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers

As far as I can tell they claim he is anti semetic-they think when he refers to the reptilians its a metaphor for Jewish bankers or something..
They claim his presense will cause disruption to order and to society.

Here is the letter he recieved-
davidicke.com... er-we-just-received-from-netherlands-immigration-please-share-every/

I know of him as do most in the UK but havent kept up to date with what he is up to,but I do find it a bit OTT if they are actually banning him for use of metaphor.
His views on the vaccines(anti) may in fact be the hidden reason that he was banned-But I really would have thought TPTB would love the idea of someone who claimed the queen and various other world leaders are actual shape shifting reptilian aliens to be "anti vax"-as that sounds wacky enough for most to think he is insane-metaphor or not.

Whatever you think of the guy,I find it difficult to put him in the "terrorist" box.
Unless he is calling for acts of terror/murder which I haven't heard-If he does that,fair enough ban him,but i have never read or heard people say he does that.

Whatever the case,no doubt he will claim they want to ban him because hes "onto the truth."

he seems more like many who try to make money from conspiracy theories-a few kernels of truth,mixed with flat out crazy unprovable wackiness.

It looks like this may have been a translation error as there is no such things as a "level three terrorist". There is a "level three terror alert" in Europe.

I agree, everything I've seen so far suggests that his visa was denied because he made antisemitic statements, he thinks that Jewish bankers deliberately sabotaged the economy.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Seems a bit uneccesary but am I missing the bit where they called him a "terrorist"?

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I think it has more to do with this (see video)
twitter.com...

The antisemitic thing appearing here and there on newspaper is just a trigger for the idiots (as usual)
the ultimate golden argument because I just watched his last speeches here and there, and he dont even mention reptilians, or jews or anything of the sort besides globalists/elites. im convinced it has everything to do with what he keeps saying (that is on the video link)

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

a reply to: AaarghZombies
everything I've seen so far suggests that his visa was denied because he made antisemitic statements, he thinks that Jewish bankers deliberately sabotaged the economy.

Where did you get the information that suggests that is the reason?

I didn't see that in the article, which is based on a Tweet. You're just guessing?

We all know what he thinks, but what he thinks doesn't justify calling him a "terrorist".

Labelling your enemies with catchy, scary words that have no relation to their ACTIONS is an age old method of tyrants, used to silence the opposition.

Like in this case IMO

edit on 11/4/2022 by MykeNukem because: 🍻

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They mention the Schengen area, which is not exactly the EU, it's the EU minus Ireland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania. There are also four countries that are not in the EU but have an agreement regarding the Schengen Area: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
Beside those, there are also Monaco, San Marino and the Vatican City, which, being surrounded by Schengen Area countries act as de facto Schengen Area members.

PS: the letter states he can object and/or request the alert to be lifted.

Lets see how this evolves.

posted on Nov, 4 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I've no idea on his notions in that direction; BUT, if that be the case, it is reasonable to expect the EU or EU nation(s) to ban him for whatever they perceive he is guilty of, and NOT being a 'terrorist'. That is a significant distortion of the meaning of the word.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join