It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many couples have split since Covid?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I was super lucky in that i got to go to an international school for most of my time overseas so for elementary I had classes with Brits, Canadians, Turks, Greeks, etc.

Same here! Wonder if my school played your school in tennis/soccer/football!!! I'm still friends with most of them to this day!

I have to say I got along with everyone but the German kids because of something they said.
They said if a Hitler came back and he was two inches tall many of their people would follow him.
I will never forget that and they weren't joking either.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

only 1 but that has less to do with covid and more to do with them going in different directions, that was a split you could see happening..

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

We were lucky; as an officer my dad got really sweet housing on the economy too. Both in NL and in DE. I was super lucky in that i got to go to an international school for most of my time overseas so for elementary I had classes with Brits, Canadians, Turks, Greeks, etc. Then in HS it changed to only US and Canadian. The Germans always had their own classes. So special! lol
I remember my dad being gone a lot , I got used to kind of raising myself for a lot of things.

Same here. My father worked for NATO, so we were with all NATO kids.

Did you attend a DOD school?

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I was super lucky in that i got to go to an international school for most of my time overseas so for elementary I had classes with Brits, Canadians, Turks, Greeks, etc.

Same here! Wonder if my school played your school in tennis/soccer/football!!! I'm still friends with most of them to this day!

I have to say I got along with everyone but the German kids because of something they said.
They said if a Hitler came back and he was two inches tall many of their people would follow him.
I will never forget that and they weren't joking either.

I have a cool story. Our soccer team was invited to play in the USSR, just before the wall came down. All kids were invited, not just the soccer team. The catch was the security was insane. Everyone had to pass a soviet-led background check and unfortunately, my sibling and I weren't allowed to go due to my father's MOS at the time.

My classmates came back with some cool things. They traded Levi's jeans and Nike tennis shoes for the other team's soccer uniforms.

So, some kids on our HS soccer team came back wearing soviet soccer uniforms.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Neighbors divorced after 30+ years probably because a couple from Chicago had to have their house and gave them a stupid amount of money for it. Soon after the wife left and demanded half. I now mow their lawn and get paid $500 a month for 5 hours work. They have been to the house 3-4 times this year. So COVID / Money.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Yes I was at AFCENT
Now it is AFNORTH lol
I didn't do team sports but I did cross country and band stuff. I got to go to Bad Kissingen (or was it Baden Baden) for the Honors Band performance , a performer or two were picked from each HS.

In Germany it was some tiny school but we were only there 2 years. We were in NL for probably around 11 years

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

What's also funny is although we were in NL we didn't learn Dutch in school, we learnt German.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Being with your partner for any length of time is a relationship killer. Most discover this at a late age when they retire. It is no surprise that having to spend a lot of time under the same roof all day becomes unbearable.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga

I don't think it's natural for a couple to be together alone almost 24/7

In history, farmers were out in the fields all day alone and only came home at night, only to get up early.
Soldiers (largely farmers) were away on campaign for long periods of time.
In Roman times the wife would stay home or work away from home and the husband would be away from home all day working as well, houses were only for sleeping, not hanging out.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   

ummm do we know each other....

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I have a cool story.

That is crazy, I have a story, not as good as yours though.

We had military kids that would visit us that were from the Guantanamo Bay base. I guess our area was considered premium. I didn't even realize families lived there.
The military thought it was too depressing for the families at GB so they would give the kids two trips a year.
They came to visit us and we all jived right away.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

ummm do we know each other....

Were you an Army brat? 🤔🤣

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Were you an Army brat? 🤔🤣

Yup

Holy Smokes Y’all, SourGrapes and I have lived Parallel lives!

edit on 3-11-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Add another couple to the list….

Damn.. this is beyond sad.

This couple is in the process of divorce now.
I guess Covid really showed some that they were not compatible, or that life is too short.

In 20 or 30 years it will be interesting to read about the effect Covid had on this time period beyond sickness.
Birth rates, divorces, housing, eating habits, etc.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
During the lockdown and covid spikes now and again my husband and I actually renewed our in-depth discussions about everything and anything. It was like getting to know each other at the stages we are at now - 40 years of marriage later. We are not the same people by any stretch of the imagination.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join