It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Massive' Win: PA Supreme Court Rules Undated Mail Ballots Can NOT Be Counted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   
'Massive' Win: PA Supreme Court Rules Undated Mail Ballots Can't Be Counted

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court on Tuesday sided with an argument made by Republicans in their lawsuit seeking to prevent the counting of improperly completed ballots in next week's general election, throwing out a lower court's ruling that would have allowed PA election officials to count absentee and mail-in ballots that were not correctly dated and signed.

PA's Supreme Court justices vacated the 3rd US Circuit Court of Appeals' decision that would have allowed the counting of ballots that were not completed as the Keystone State election laws require, and ruled that the "Pennsylvania county boards of elections are hereby ordered to refrain from counting any absentee and mail-in ballots received for the November 8, 2022 general election that are contained in undated or incorrectly dated outer envelopes."

The PA Supreme Court also in its ruling directed "the Pennsylvania county boards of elections segregate and preserve any ballots contained in undated or incorrectly dated outer envelopes" and noted that the "Court is evenly divided on the issue of whether failing to count such ballots violates 52 U.S.C. §10101(a)(2)(B)."

RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel celebrated the win in Pennsylvania as "massive" for "election integrity."

click link for article...

Now they want to preserve any ballots that do not have a date (Something PA didnt bother to do in 2020 when they were ordered to do so by Scotus.... For the millionth time it does NOT violate the VRA. A person who doesnt follow the rules is allowed to vote. Not following the rules invalidates their vote. It's no different than a person who votes at the wrong location, votes on the wrong day etc...

edit on 1-11-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I got money they will count them anyway.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Given their acting Sec State, and what they did during the 2020 election, I tend to agree.

From the last part opof the articklee -

But, as Townhall reported and according to the Republicans' now-successful lawsuit, Pennsylvania's acting Secretary of State was directing local officials to include ballots that were not properly filled out, signed, and dated despite SCOTUS' recent decision to vacate the Third Circuit opinion that sought to allow the counting of improperly completed mail-in or absentee ballots.

Earlier in October, the Secretary of State's office was tweeting that local officials were "expected to include undated ballots in their official returns for the Nov election," guidance that the PA Supreme Court has now superseded with its order for incorrectly dated or undated ballots to be excluded from vote counts next week.

Now all that remains to be seen is whether local officials abide by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court's order to "segregate" incorrectly dated or undated ballots and exclude them from their Election Day tallies or whether they continue to take existing guidance from the Department of State that runs opposite Tuesday's ruling from Pennsylvania's Supreme Court.

edit on 1-11-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

How dare any judge(s) try to wipe out a law created by the state legislature! The 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals must be very dirty. They also told Rudy Giuliani he should have complained about the 2020 election results, before the election. Not afterwards.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

That's what the PA Secretary of State did in 2020, in direct violation of an order from Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito NOT TO COUNT ballots that were magically appearing after election day.

The order: www.pbs.org...

She ordered them counted anyway. They were needed for defeating Trump, in case of a recount.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yup the 3rd Circuit is a problem. Thank God scotus wiped out their / PA court rulings on the issue. I am amazed that the PA Supreme Court ruled the way they did though. I expected them to go down with the ship since the PA courts are the ones that caused the mess.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm in Pa. The election offials told to count them. Alito tried to stop it in 2020. Unfortunately, we are taking one for the team again.
Useless Repubs did nothing to fix it.. discused. a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mugger

Any election official who violates election law by accepting and counting the ballots better be prosecuted, including the PA Sec State and Governor.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Yup the 3rd Circuit is a problem. Thank God scotus wiped out their / PA court rulings on the issue. I am amazed that the PA Supreme Court ruled the way they did though. I expected them to go down with the ship since the PA courts are the ones that caused the mess.

I don't know what or who can "clean up" a given court, but something needs to be done with the 3rd Circuit (and maybe others), because they are not changing their stripes to become less corrupt/more honest.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You have a Republican ran state gov? I thought the D's run PA recently at least?

Hmm...

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Seems like many court decisions are just ignoreable performance art now.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I don't know what or who can "clean up" a given court, but something needs to be done with the 3rd Circuit (and maybe others), because they are not changing their stripes to become less corrupt/more honest.

Federal judge can be impeached and removed. That is the only way I know about.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Any election official who violates election law by accepting and counting the ballots better be prosecuted, including the PA Sec State and Governor.

The Attorney General of the United States (William Barr) looked the other way as Election officials broke state laws all across America during the Summer and Fall of 2020.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Federal judge can be impeached and removed. That is the only way I know about.

Hopefully that decision/action isn't left up to one of his/her judge buddies.

link   

originally posted by: loam

When it comes to elected politicians who rely on cheating any ruling that goes against them is ignored. PA is proof positive of that.

link   

originally posted by: loam

Depends on the letter before your name.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The Attorney General of the United States (William Barr) looked the other way as Election officials broke state laws all across America during the Summer and Fall of 2020.

Then the state AG should have found his pair and taken action. As for Bill Barr Trump is way to trusting imo.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

No, its worse. Impeachment can only be done by Congress.

So here is hoping for super majorities for Republicans on Nov 8th (however being a lot of state are now claiming it will take days to count the ballot something tells me a steal is in the works... again).

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What is strange is that there is a way to have a free and fair election with validated anti-fraud measures in place.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Is there going to be a revolution now?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join