It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter, Tesla, forced planned obsolescence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I realise this is probably not too far out there though could the recent purchase of Twitter bd a plan to force premature replacement of people’s devices.

stay with me.

For example: electrek.co...

Now could his purchase of Twitter be a ploy to rewrite coding, thesecdays who knows what backdoors, or other surveillance lines of codes you are installing.

Who knows if these codes will impact all devices.

Now who knows what re/coding is planned for Twitter to then access other personal info.

Though will there be coding to start slowing your device like apple deliberately do so you are forced to replace.

Though who knows who is funding musk, he reminds me of Danny devito from other people’s money.

edit on 1-11-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Perhaps, if Musk owned a semiconductor factory, your fears might have some vague merit.

But to my knowledge, he does not... Yet.

Poorly written code could slow processing speed; but to purposely export code that hinders other provider's business, essentially infecting them with malware, would be prosecuted as a high crime, if not outright terrorism, upon its discovery.

And it would be discovered fairly quickly as a widespread decrease in the performance of the internet: as programs slowed, the overall speed if the internet would slow as well, setting off alarms world-wide.
edit on 1-11-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021
I would agree with you others wise though look at here in straya, the two recent hacks of Optus and Medibank went pretty well for these crims.

So to have code that is able to access two large companies and steal 15 million customers details and not realise until the hackers offer to sell the data is pretty crap.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

What Musk does with the Tesla updates makes sense, when it's about critical or safety functions. Of course people are going to resist an update that restricts the auto pilot and gives them alerts. Because for them they are annoying. But the restrictions and changes are for safety and stability in a lot of cases. So Tesla/Musk has to force these updates.

It's about liability in that case. About your other theory, twitter is a database website. The app just accesses the same database as the website does. As far as I know, any app written could slow down your smart phone. Any app programmer could add a sort of timer or something as simple as iterating through a wait-loop or whatever.

Twitter is just a database, there's no excuse for a slow app IMHO. If you think about it, it's just like one of these guestbooks people had but intricated. You add text or you call text from that database. A bit of statistics and management functions, there you go.

top topics

join