It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What really happened in the garden of eden and scratch your head

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Whenever I ask folks, including Christians, what it was that Adam and Eve did wrong in the garden of Eden, most often they answer;

"They ate the apple."

So we're not supposed to eat apples?

Of course it was not an apple tree. That's just a picture we remember from Sunday school as a kid. It wasn't a tree as we know it at all.

Some know that much.

However....

God made everything, skip to;

And God said eat of any fruit in the garden but not from the tree of life and not from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

So.... God did not want us to live in our physical body forever. Understandable. And he did not want us to have knowledge of right and wrong.

Why?

He could have just not made them. Maybe hide them real good or unreachable.

I've often thought it is because there is no such thing as either or we need both to grow spiritually.

HOWEVER........

To be told to NOT do something means that if you do, it's wrong.

That's before any knowledge of bad and good. You don't know yet.

Wait.... what?

Yeah Man, I know.... right? There way more to this.

What y'all thinking about that part?

Of course there is lost translation, like explain a ride in an airplane to a tribe in Africa and it'll become a ride on the back of a big bird.

Food to feed a meditation for soul in prayer....

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: godservant

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: godservantI

I've sometimes wondered if eating from the tree of Knowledge of good and evil had something to do with choosing to incarnate into Earthly bodies (vs staying in Spiritual bodies?) Suddenly Adam and Eve "knew they were naked" ...like, they suddenly had these human bodies that had no clothes on.

And the good and evil part... you know when you have that "argument in your head" about 'I should do this' ...'but no I want to do that' ...'but I know I shouldn't!' ?? We all go there sometimes. It's like there are two entities within the mind debating sometimes. A spiritual mind and a carnal mind? Maybe incarnating into human form necessitated a carnal mind, where previously there is only a spiritual mind. And hence the existence of a sense of good and bad is born. Along with that, we cannot live forever in the Earthly bodies (no Tree of Life for you!)

Just some musings I have sometimes when I try to work out how "eating fruit" is so bad, and why we are all cursed because of Adam and Eve. Well, if we ALL chose to eat from that tree like they did (incarnate into human form) then we are suffering the consequences of eating from the same tree they did. Not because they did, but because we did too!

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Quite an awesome answer.

Way!

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   
They gave into temptation. So they were delivered from paradise. To be ashamed of thier bodies.

You're welcomed into a home with one rule and you break it...

I look around and none of us are due for paradise. Its fire and brimstone from here everyone. Get comfy.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There was an ancient belief system out there that claimed that the god in the bible that created Adam and Lillith did so behind everyone's back and didn't want them to damage the trees because it would bring attention to what that god did. This was one of the reasons why the snake talked them into eating from it, but also why the stories about gods behavior made little sense in regard to the Old Testament.

While this belief is no longer accepted as mainstream, it does provide and answer that seems to coincide with some of the Gnostic writings about Adam and whoever.

Just something to ponder.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I've sometimes wondered if eating from the tree of Knowledge of good and evil had something to do with choosing to incarnate into Earthly bodies (vs staying in Spiritual bodies?) Suddenly Adam and Eve "knew they were naked" ...like, they suddenly had these human bodies that had no clothes on.

seeing that adam was made from the dust of the earth, and eve from his rib. i'd say that they were in their earthly bodies all along. maybe what your saying would be a better fit for their earthly and spiritual awareness or consciousness, say like before eating the fruit of knowledge they were innocent minded like a newborn or young child, where running around naked doesn't mean anything to them until their taught different.

the only other being mentioned that was created in the bible are angels and their said not to be in a physical body until they take the form.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What would make the angels take form?

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

What would make the angels take form?

when God sends them for certain reasons, where they have to psychically intervene. two passages, well four off the top of my head.

God and angels at Sodom and Gomorrah when they appeared first to Abraham then Lot, in fiery furnace, Jesus was angel before he became a man even if he was the son of God, then when Daniel prayed for three weeks before the angel appeared before him, and in Hebrews 13 -2, where it says,

Hebrews 13:2
New American Standard Bible
2 Do not neglect hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

edit on 31-10-2022 by SomeJackleg because: (no reason given)

ETA:
just thought about it a little more, Jesus appeared as the Angel of the Lord three times that i can remember. first to Hagar when she ran away, to Abraham when he was about to sacrifice Isaac, and then to Zechariah on a red horse. plus if you remember there where two placed to guard the gate to Eden when Adam and Eve got the boot.

ETA:

just looked it up the Term Angel of the Lord, is mentioned / appeasers 56 time in the old testament.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   

My understanding is that it's because they disobeyed the god and took the word of somebody else, the devil, over God's instructions..

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Yea hath God said?

It's still happening.

*scratching my head on this one, indeed.
edit on 10/31/2022 by MykeNukem because: 🙏

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The Tree of Knowledge is the Body of God, the mind of God itself. The first step of enlightenment. When the test subject ate the forbidden 'fruit', they realized they were naked and enslaved. They no longer were 100% asleep and they began to wake up from the brainwashing. Somehow some either escaped or were let free.
Roughly some thousands of years later, here we are today.

The forbidden fruit was the Amanita muscaria mushroom. It is highly psychedelic and in large doses could easily take you through the doors of perception, past death and outside of Platos cave. And then back again to the 'living' with a fresh and powerful vision.

This mushroom can be seen in ancient frescos that depict the Garden of Eden. This is also where we get Santa Claus from (visually/design wise) as this mushroom also grows in the northern tundra areas of Russia. In the ancient times, the Shaman used to ride their reindeer through the villages and they would bring these dried mushrooms in the winter as a form of celebration and tradition. The Shaman would come down the chimneys, or through windows in the roofs of houses as the snow would have covered them up to their roofs. It was also said that the reindeer would also eat the shrooms and jump around wildly and 'have a good time'.

So we have the birth of Santa as the visual representation of the sacred mushroom. The same mushroom that the original prototype/test subject humans were commanded not to eat.

So yeah, we were most likely a genetic experiment. perhaps we are all a conglomerate of several genetic experiments. Who conducted these experiments? Who made us? Ancient Humans? Ancient Aliens? Magic?

Definitely not something from nothing, from a big bang to a swamp, to sea monkeys to monkeys, to apes in space. Yeah, that sounds very unlikely as well. More like, we can't help making leaps and bounds sometimes and really 'advancing' due to our 'god' dna that we don't quite understand yet how to harness or use.

Maybe our creator was right, ignorance is bliss. Maybe we should have just remained submissive sexbots and slaves. Oh well, someone or something told us to eat the shroom.

Very similar to the story of the plants themselves telling the native Amazonian to mix these 2 plants together to create Ayahuasca.

edit on 31-10-2022 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

You have to Interpret parts of the Bibles Old Testament as Metaphors . The Garden of Eden Story is one of them .

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I reflect on this from time to time...

I feel part of the stumbling block in the story , is the role of human judgment in the greater scheme of life. In a sense, the act of judging something as evil limits, the good that is possible in any situation by restricting one's vision more superficially. Without the experience of learning from difficult decisions someone may focus their energies on fear or other limiting emotions.

I've found it better to practice focusing and expressing those energies on working towards the greater good when in the face of adversity rather than draining my thoughts, words and deeds on negative expressions. It's challenging learning to do that for oneself. It's like sin cuts us off from the source of life, and ages us.

I feel that feeding the negative is not good, and restricts or vision or creativity to see opportunities in the long term.

There is a story about two wolves that has been handed down. I know the origins are foggy, though I find the tale insightful....

The Tale of Two Wolves

One evening, an elderly Cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

My dear one, the battle between two wolves is inside us all. One is evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.

The other is good. It is: joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.

The grandson thought about it for a moment and then asked his grandfather: Which wolf wins?

The old Cherokee replied, The one you feed.

Each individual has their lessons to learn, and I have a difficult time imagining how polarity functions. Imo, depending on how much work someone puts in cultivating their better judgment they can see a different possibility for the future.

Outside of time, I hope that in a more unified sense, someone can learn to see life as a journey through wisdom and compassion, one upping the lens of good and evil. In that way, the saints can share their fruits having overcome the more base vibrations through Love and the power that stands behind them.

edit on 1-11-2022 by dffrntkndfnml because: misc grammar, spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Lets take this in another direction...

What if the whole story of the Garden of Eden was describing evolution? Think about it for a minute...

The Garden of Eden represents the animal world where there is no good nor evil, just animal instincts of survival for both the prey and predator. Humans once in that world of just pure animal instincts reached a point where their intelligence took them out of it, and so also created a world were good and evil could also live and not just live by pure instincts. The apple from the tree of knowledge represents that evolution of man of once humans developed self awareness they were ashamed of being naked and put on clothes. Its a world we can never go back to and so we left the garden to never return....

edit on 1-11-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Lets take this in another direction...

What if the whole story of the Garden of Eden was describing evolution? Think about it for a minute...

The Garden of Eden represents the animal world where there is no good nor evil, just animal instincts of survival for both the prey and predator. Humans once in that world of just pure animal instincts reached a point where their intelligence took them out of it, and so also created a world were good and evil could also live and not just live by pure instincts. The apple from the tree of knowledge represents that evolution of man of once humans developed self awareness they were ashamed of being naked and put on clothes. Its a world we can never go back to and so we left the garden to never return....

Gen 3:15  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Her seed is Jesus Christ.

From this point on you can follow the Scarlet Thread of Satan trying to eliminate her "seed" throughout the whole Bible.

Almost ALWAYS the firstborn son. With one exception in Isaac (which is explained).

All the way up to Christ.

IMO we just have to read what it says, not interpret. Do we interpret ANY other book? That in itself is weird, no?

Gen 3:1  Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Yea hath God said?, means "Is that what he REALLY said?", then the con comes...

Anyway just my opinion, not preaching at ya.

Havin a beer actually, lol.

Many people interpret it your way as well, just bothers me that we have to "interpret" it when we come up with these allegories, which we can just make up as we go along.

edit on 11/1/2022 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Had a psychedelic experience the other day. Was talking to mother earth (goddess ... ) Reptilian like she is.

Maybe the snake represents a reptilian and it's a trap to reincarnate to earth . Slaves to them here on earth. Keep working/mining minerals for them for whatever reason.

Maybe it's not a trap (earth is the only place to go to - stuck on earth) or do we have a choice between different worlds beforehand?

a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Gen 3:15  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Her seed is Jesus Christ.

From this point on you can follow the Scarlet Thread of Satan trying to eliminate her "seed" throughout the whole Bible.

Almost ALWAYS the firstborn son. With one exception in Isaac (which is explained).

All the way up to Christ.

IMO we just have to read what it says, not interpret. Do we interpret ANY other book? That in itself is weird, no?

Gen 3:1  Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Yea hath God said?, means "Is that what he REALLY said?", then the con comes...

Anyway just my opinion, not preaching at ya.

Havin a beer actually, lol.

Many people interpret it your way as well, just bothers me that we have to "interpret" it when we come up with these allegories, which we can just make up as we go along.

The whole book is full of parables, symbols, metaphors, allegories etc. and you say you just need to read the words to understand? You say this after you say the word "seed" means Jesus... I wonder if the Jews think it means Jesus too.

One thing we can all take away from it is that the Garden of Eden was a place of innocence with humans and animals the same. Adam and Eve leaned of sin and self-awareness where animals do not know either, and as humans were once the same.

‘Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil.’

This is a form of evolution....

edit on 1-11-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
A woman didn’t do a she was asked and ruined everything.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The garden of eden wasn't a physical place, it was a spiritual place. Original sin caused God to cast man(soul, spirit of man) into physical form and out of the garden of Eden.

Jaden

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join