It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Conspiracy BREAKING NEWS! HARD EVIDENCE U.S. Gov Conspired With Big Tech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The Intercept has just dropped documents proving what many of us already knew. But now it's OFFICIAL! Government officials--Republicans too, to be fair--caught subverting public dialogue for political gain.

Behind closed doors, and through pressure on private platforms, the U.S. government has used its power to try to shape online discourse. According to meeting minutes and other records appended to a lawsuit filed by Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt, a Republican who is also running for Senate, discussions have ranged from the scale and scope of government intervention in online discourse to the mechanics of streamlining takedown requests for false or intentionally misleading information.

The Gov was granted direct control over some platforms:

There is also a formalized process for government officials to directly flag content on Facebook or Instagram and request that it be throttled or suppressed through a special Facebook portal that requires a government or law enforcement email to use. At the time of writing, the “content request system” at facebook.com/xtakedowns/login is still live. DHS and Meta, the parent company of Facebook, did not respond to a request for comment. The FBI declined to comment.

Outright censorship of info and ideas, contrary to the Constitution:

According to a draft copy of DHS’s Quadrennial Homeland Security Review, DHS’s capstone report outlining the department’s strategy and priorities in the coming years, the department plans to target “inaccurate information” on a wide range of topics, including “the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic and the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines, racial justice, U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, and the nature of U.S. support to Ukraine.”

They vilified regular Americans as either knowingly or unknowingly aiding "terrorism" by spreading "misinformation".

DHS justifies these goals — which have expanded far beyond its original purview on foreign threats to encompass disinformation originating domestically — by claiming that terrorist threats can be “exacerbated by misinformation and disinformation spread online.”

As for election interference:

The extent to which the DHS initiatives affect Americans’ daily social feeds is unclear. During the 2020 election, the government flagged numerous posts as suspicious, many of which were then taken down, documents cited in the Missouri attorney general’s lawsuit disclosed. And a 2021 report by the Election Integrity Partnership at Stanford University found that of nearly 4,800 flagged items, technology platforms took action on 35 percent — either removing, labeling, or soft-blocking speech, meaning the users were only able to view content after bypassing a warning screen. The research was done “in consultation with CISA,” the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.

The scope of influence was MASSIVE:

Prior to the 2020 election, tech companies including Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Discord, Wikipedia, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and Verizon Media met on a monthly basis with the FBI, CISA, and other government representatives. According to NBC News, the meetings were part of an initiative, still ongoing, between the private sector and government to discuss how firms would handle misinformation during the election.

theintercept.com...

Journalist Tim Pool report and commentary:

edit on 31-10-2022 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
if you don't like your government, make your own government.

This is fist amendment kind of wrong.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Well it's finally out there for ALL to see, even the deniers.

I wonder what the response will be now?

More crickets or is the S gonna HTF? We know the left will insert fingers in ears and go "lalalalalaalala"...

I hope the S really HTF over this.

TREASON and INSURRECTION from within.

edit on 10/31/2022 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

No idea. It should get interesting. I'm so glad the truth is finally coming out. I've been waiting for people to see the truth of gov/media corruption for the longest time. Hope positive change comes from it!

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

Prior to the 2020 election, tech companies including Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Discord, Wikipedia, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and Verizon Media met on a monthly basis with the FBI, CISA, and other government representatives. According to NBC News, the meetings were part of an initiative, still ongoing, between the private sector and government to discuss how firms would handle misinformation during the election.

theintercept.com...

It looks like you are saying the Trump administration was trying to influence elections.
Trump did appoint the leaders of those organizations after all.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrable

theintercept.com...

It looks like you are saying the Trump administration was trying to influence elections.

Trump again?

The horse is dead, stop beating it.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

No idea. It should get interesting. I'm so glad the truth is finally coming out. I've been waiting for people to see the truth of gov/media corruption for the longest time. Hope positive change comes from it!

Me too bro.

Something gonna give soon.

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrable

Yet Big Tech and Corporate Media slandered Trump throughout his presidency and ever since. Russagate, bunk. Ukrainegate, bunk. Trump is racist, bunk. Blah blah blah.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They have or at least had the same influence on Twitter.

The "top trending" topics on all of these social media platforms
have been manipulated for a long time, and it didn't start
with Trump. O you know who started it.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

There's something to be said for that feeling you get after months/years of being ridiculed on ATS for considering and discussing information with an open mind, irreguardless of the source.

I try to take everything with a grain of salt, but past history of cover-ups has me more on the side of conspiracy theory than official consensus.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

the part where conspiracy theory has turned out to be the truth more often than not lately may have something to do with that. Looking forward to hearing from the boot lickers......kidding. They haven't the stones to comment on this one.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I've been tricked many times in the past by mainstream, alt news, and mult individuals whom I trusted. I've learned to be increasingly more skeptical about everything.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

There's something to be said for that feeling you get after months/years of being ridiculed on ATS for considering and discussing information with an open mind, irreguardless of the source.

I try to take everything with a grain of salt, but past history of cover-ups has me more on the side of conspiracy theory than official consensus.

Maybe if the official story was ever correct -- even one time -- we'd be willing to give them more respect.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is why I'm a moon landing denier. Mostly out of spite. Why should I believe?

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
This is fist amendment kind of wrong.

The fist amendment was repealed.

I think the boot in the @ss amendment is going to brought to the floor sometime in January.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Kind of interesting how Government was so engaged in taking down social media disinformation, when they were the main cause of all the misinformation.

But then we already knew that, didn’t we.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

It's a good thing. We need to violate your rights to save democracy!

We need to have public guillotine festivals.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I wonder if Elon Musk will be able to add a few juicy details once he has a chance to really dig into Twitter operations... especially after clearing out the deadwood in the company.

And if so, if and how it will affect this election.

It will be interesting to see.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Light the torches, sharpen the pitchforks, and tie a noose. Looks like treason to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrable

Maybe he was. As the OP noted, Republicans weren't innocents either.

It would be quite the twist, eh? Imagine the headlines: "Prez Trump cheats himself out of re-election!" I don't see that happening, but it sure would be a surprise ending for many!

Whatever it is, just give us the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth... and then let the chips fall where they may!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join