It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some areas attract Bad Luck Itaewon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
According to Feng Shui there are places on earth that are especially auspicious (lucky) or inauspicious (unlucky).

There are certain natural features in the land that contribute to this.
There are certain places man should not go, and there are other places where they will flourish.
It's not hard to see why beautiful places near the beach and water has attracted humans since the begginning of time.

Now let's talk about Itaewon. This is where the recent mass crush even happened.
The presidental palace is there and has housed Korea's presidents for over 70 years, BUT not this president.
President Yoon has a Feng Shui advisor and told him not to move into the Blue house / presidental palace due to the bad luck there.
He listened to his advisor and never moved there. I saw him looking at the aftermath of Itaewon and wonder what was going through his mind.

I was curious about other bad luck events, so I looked at other things that transpired in that area. Bad luck after bad luck is what I found. That area used to house the quarters for Japanese Bachelors during the war. That area housed the US Army for a long time. The events where the actual tragedy took place was well know for being the seediest area in all of Korea, the red light district. More recently, it was known as the international district. It was often called "vibrant", and progressive. It was where young people got drunk and partied. However for the older generation of Koreans this was seen as an copying of western culture and ideology and not a good thing at all. Halloween itself isn't celebrated in Korea, however this little nook celebrated it full force.
Many Asians are saying things like you want to play like a Western ghost, you end up being a ghost.

By the way, yes all over earth there are tragedies that have happened to humanity. We are talking more of things of a huge signficant value. Mass loss of lives etc. It can also happen on a smaller scale, an unlucky house. Everyone knows of a house that churns through it's residents.
When I hear of people getting a divorce the first thing I do is look at their house. When I hear of a sudden (tragic) death I look at their house. There is always always Feng Shui issues with those houses or the land, or surrounding houses. The same goes for super successful areas.

An example of bad luck marriage houses. When a house is situated on the land and the back of the house faces the streets instead the front. I find this layout almost always ends in divorce. It's really weird. This house is Ok for a single person though.
edit on 31-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have always had a fascination with Feng Shui among many other 'alternate' beliefs.

It's interesting how so many major events are connected with ley lines, granite, water sources, earths magnetic field, etc. Taken singularly, it doesn't seem to amount to much but as a whole it does. I think there's moree interest 'behind the scenes' at top levels than we'll ever know.

I've lived in places that were very oppressive, and shacks that were so full of possitive energy that they felt like mansions. Learning about smudging with sage and sweet grass was a game changer!

Feng Shui, like numerology, astrology, I-Ching et al offers a lot of food for thought. I love exploring such subjects.

Good thread, Jag.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I think there's moree interest 'behind the scenes' at top levels than we'll ever know.

Totally agree. A lot of ultra wealthy know this. This is why they all live in similar areas.

One place that I know had "magical" qualities is a place called Blue Springs park in Florida.
I've never felt such healing energy, such powerful energy in my entire life. I've lived all over too.
There are some places in Florida that were called the fountain of youth. I think they purposely hid the true areas.

www.floridastateparks.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Very interesting read.
Here

During the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910), Itaewon became more of a significant area as the new leaders relocated the country’s capital to Hanyang – modern-day Seoul. As foreigners began to enter Korea in the 1880s, embassies and inns began to pop up in the region. Apart from Incheon, Itaewon became one of the most prominent spots for foreigners and travelers heading in and out of the capital city.

But what of the name ‘Itaewon’? Although most historians believe ‘itae’ refers to pear blossoms, there is a chance that it might also refer to ‘placenta’. As noted by Dark Side of Seoul, a combination of the Chinese characters ‘dayi’ and ‘placenta’ could suggest that Itaewon was where Joseon women unwillingly received the seeds of the ‘Waein’ (Japanese) during the Imjin Wars (1592-98). The ‘won’ refers to medicine, suggesting that this was an area for rest, healthcare, and lodging.

This area has attracted foreigners over and over, throughout history. This makes me think of many other areas with tragic and similar stories. New York for example. It's part of the country, but it's different...

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

New York for example. It's part of the country, but it's different...

People have energy, too and when enough gather in one place I think it can either enhace or change the energy. After the freeway was built in Seattle, the energy completely changed as the population exploded.

I lived in Spokane, Wash. for a short time and the energy between 'new' and 'old' Spokane was palpable. 90% of the city proper feels oddly 'off', and not in a very good way.

People have no idea of their own energy, let alone how it can affect the world.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

'Spokane' is a weird sounding name to a Brit, so it triggered a thought about Twin Peaks.

Apparently, David Lynch ended up in "...Spokane, and although Lynch only lived here for a short while in the early '50s (the family later moved to Boise, and then to Virginia, where Lynch attended high school), that time clearly made an impact on him."

Just thought I'd share that.

www.inlander.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I could live in a tent and be happy, what does that say about me ?

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I lived in the Seattle area as a child.
Imagine this, I used to go clamming at Alki beach with my family.
When I went back a few years back, I actually cried. What a slum that place is now.

My relatives live in Tacoma. Now it's filled with crime and drugs and all manner of debauchery.

The people in charge of the growth of that entire area are absolute IDIOTS. Everything from the roads, to the buildings were planned with no forsight in mind.

Yes totally agree with your assesment of the bad luck being ushered in.

On the flip side, even though I have a lot of bad things to say about Chicago, when you look at it from an airplane it is laid out so neatly. Like a quilt. It makes sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   

So strange that you bring this up today - we just drove past a home we lived in some years back, where we were happiest - I wanted to see the direction our bed was facing while living in that house, because I firmly believe that we have to be in touch with certain 'magic' things in our land.

And, as you said, the area of that old home has changed into an absolute slum, very upsetting. When we lived there, I was planting rosebushes and having the landscapers trim everything. Now it looks as though no one has touched the house in a decade.

edit on 31-10-2022 by RonnieJersey because: add something

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I could live in a tent and be happy, what does that say about me ?

I have. I'm not sure what that says about me?

I firmly believe one of lifes' greated lessons is "Happiness is a choice ".

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Ah, which brings us to one of my favorite old quotes. "Wherever you go, there you are."
I like to say: Never let a place take you away from yourself! You are all you've got in the end, wherever you go, you take yourself with you. Be there for yourself.

That said, it's OK to feel a bad vibe in a place, too. Some people's energies don't align with the place's energies, if you get my drift. You can't get a square peg in a round hole is what I'm getting at.

I never thought about places themselves being subjected to Feng Shui as a whole before... and why not? If Feng Shui works in a small space such as one room, why shouldn't it extend to an entire city or geographical region? It could!
I think you've brought up a real humdinger of a point here Jag. I will be thinking about this one. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: servovenford

I’ve read all about Feng Shui and places in the US.

One place that come up over and over is Salt Lake City Utah. It is considered very Negative and inauspicious.
Apparently there are many paranormal activities there.

A place that is considered very auspicious is Arkansas… Presidents are born there, mega corporations are born there…

Where I live seems to be balanced. It attracted even the earliest settlers. It is also a place of a lot of supernatural activity. It’s a place that people seem to stay for a long long time. Families don’t often leave this area. I don’t know if that is a curse or a blessing.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey

So strange that you bring this up today - we just drove past a home we lived in some years back, where we were happiest - I wanted to see the direction our bed was facing while living in that house, because I firmly believe that we have to be in touch with certain 'magic' things in our land.

And, as you said, the area of that old home has changed into an absolute slum, very upsetting. When we lived there, I was planting rosebushes and having the landscapers trim everything. Now it looks as though no one has touched the house in a decade.

So there is this belief in the spiritual world that houses are alive. My house came to me in a dream and told me it is a “he” which I thought was very bizarre.
In our house most of our beds face West. I don’t let anyone sleep with their heads facing North, as I read the magnetic pull can cause some health issues. We also don’t allow beds to face doors as this is the funeral position. No mirrors facing beds either.

There are no perfect houses but some houses are a lot better Feng Shui than others. To me the land/lot is more important. Don’t live near a church, hospital or cemetery. Don’t have aggressive building and their corners facing your house. A square or rectangular lot is better than other shapes, triangles with the point at the back is the worst.
No big trees planted in front of the front door, this placement can have tragedy. I would seriously have the tree cut down.
It is good to have support in your back yard, either by trees, or landscaping or buildings.
Living at the junction of a T section is the worst, however this is the absolute best for a business.

People think a lot of these “rules” are woo woo but I have found them to be true.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   
For some reason, fate keeps me living always on a river. It's the strangest thing, but true. Everywhere I have lived since a child has been on the same river. As many times as hubby and I have moved, we can never seem to get away from it - and everywhere I have worked has also been next to this river.
Sounds silly, but I am somewhat of an empath / medium, the dead have come to me many times, and I have heard that people like this have to live near bodies of water.
One building I lived in when I was young and single was dreadfully haunted, but that's another story!

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   

For some reason, fate keeps me living always on a river. It's the strangest thing, but true. Everywhere I have lived since a child has been on the same river. As many times as hubby and I have moved, we can never seem to get away from it - and everywhere I have worked has also been next to this river.
Sounds silly, but I am somewhat of an empath / medium, the dead have come to me many times, and I have heard that people like this have to live near bodies of water.
One building I lived in when I was young and single was dreadfully haunted, but that's another story!

For me I keep living in a variation of the same numbers.
I’ve also lived on the same named street twice.

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

For me I keep living in a variation of the same numbers.
I’ve also lived on the same named street twice.

We lived on the same street three times!

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Don’t you wonder what is drawing you to that same place, name, number?
What is the lesson or significance? Maybe in a past life we lived there and longed for home.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

a reply to: RonnieJersey

Don’t you wonder what is drawing you to that same place, name, number?
What is the lesson or significance? Maybe in a past life we lived there and longed for home.

It sounds ridiculous I know, but one morning I woke up and told my husband that I was going to buy a dining room set we had been looking at, on my lunch hour from work, because that day I was going to find us a new apartment.
Sure enough, on my lunch hour I passed a 'For Rent' sign, stopped and saw a small cottage and rented it on the spot.
Several years later, the house was being sold and we had to move - I had a dream about a house down the road. In the dream two women told me that the residents would be moving in February - sure enough, February came and we rented an apartment in that home. It's like fate pushing us in a certain direction.
For me, I can only think that my British Grandmother passed her sixth sense along to me. Had it my whole life, my mom and dad both came to me on their deaths.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

a reply to: servovenford

I’ve read all about Feng Shui and places in the US.

Where I live seems to be balanced. It attracted even the earliest settlers. It is also a place of a lot of supernatural activity. It’s a place that people seem to stay for a long long time. Families don’t often leave this area. I don’t know if that is a curse or a blessing.

It's very strange to me that the immediate area we are living in seems to be surrounded by death - I've lost count of the sheer number of young, middle-aged and elderly deaths. Some natural causes, but more mysterious deaths and many suicides and heroin overdoses. For instance, a friend of ours just supposedly shot himself, but we find it unbelievable.
Don't like this area.

posted on Nov, 1 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Yes Itaewon has long had a beyond seedy reputation. When I lived in Korea I made it a point to avoid it, wanting more to celebrate Korean culture and language. Not hang out with drunk GI's in American wannabe bars......

new topics

top topics

join