It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Guards head warns protesters: 'Today is last day of riots'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:22 AM
link   

An ominous sign perhaps especially as more Iranians are showing disdain for the ruling Mullahs. This feels like the American Bra burning protests in the 70's on steroids. The women are mad as hell and they aren't gonna take it anymore rightfully so, and we might be at the one and only thing the internet and social media do well. Exposes this crap, hopefully, the RG is bluffing, and hopefully the Mullahs back down, but it might be too late for that regardless

"Iranians knock turbans off clerics' heads in a show of contempt amid hijab protests" something more is going on here. Not sure if the RG is gonna face a crowd that is willing to back down this time, no matter how brutal they get. On the outside looking in this looks and feels different seems to be a much broader base for support and there seems to be a feeling of defiance.

www.reuters.com...

Elite force commander issues one of toughest warnings yet
Rights groups report fresh demonstrations, bloodshed
Revolutionary Guards not deployed since protests began

The head of Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guards warned protesters that Saturday would be their last day of taking to the streets, in the clearest sign that security forces may intensify their already fierce crackdown on widespread unrest.

4 minute readOctober 29, 20224:18 PM EDTLast Updated 9 hours ago
Reuters
Summary
Companies
Elite force commander issues one of toughest warnings yet
Rights groups report fresh demonstrations, bloodshed
Revolutionary Guards not deployed since protests began
DUBAI, Oct 29 (Reuters) - The head of Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guards warned protesters that Saturday would be their last day of taking to the streets, in the clearest sign that security forces may intensify their already fierce crackdown on widespread unrest.

Iran has been gripped by protests since the death of 22-year-old Kurdish woman Mahsa Amini in the custody of the morality police last month, posing one of the boldest challenges to the clerical leadership since the 1979 revolution.

Advertisement · Scroll to continue
"Do not come to the streets! Today is the last day of the riots," Guards commander Hossein Salami said in some of the toughest language used in the crisis, which Iran's leaders blame on its foreign enemies including Israel and the United States.

"This sinister plan, is a plan hatched ... in the White House and the Zionist regime," Salami said. "Don't sell your honour to America and don't slap the security forces who are defending you in the face."

Iranians have defied such warnings throughout the popular revolt in which women have played a prominent role. There were more reports of bloodshed and renewed protests on Saturday.

The widely feared Revolutionary Guards, an elite force with a track record of crushing dissent, which reports directly to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, have not been deployed since demonstrations began last month.

But the warning by Salami suggests Khamenei could unleash them in the face of relentless demonstrations now focused on toppling the Islamic Republic.

Videos posted earlier on social media by activist groups purported to show protests at a number of universities across the country in cities including Kerman, Mashhad, Qazvin, Ahvaz, Arak, Kermanshah, Yazd, Bushehr and a dozen campuses in the capital, Tehran.

The activist HRANA news agency said 272 protesters had been killed in the unrest as of Friday including 39 minors. Some 34 members of the security forces were also killed. It said that nearly 14,000 people have been arrested in protests in 129 towns and cities and some 115 universities.

A hardline Revolutionary Court began the trials of some of the 315 protesters charged so far in Tehran, at least five of whom are accused of capital offences, the official news agency IRNA reported.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Marjorie Satrapi is a smart women.

The Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran has a lot of similarities to our Western governments.

This is going to kick off, bigely.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Sounds to me like a declaration of war.

I wonder which side Allah will be behind?

In the end, after much bloodshed, the people will win, always.

P

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hell America went bug sheet in the 60s over numbers significantly less than what the Iranian public is dealing with 272 killed including 39 minors in a few months. Isn't it ironic how their government blames the West and our government blames the East?

Not gonna lie I took particular enjoyment in watching the Mullahs get the treatment they deserve in most cases it wasn't violent though I have seen a video where one of them got jacked up a bit.

www.reuters.com...

The activist HRANA news agency said 272 protesters had been killed in the unrest as of Friday including 39 minors. Some 34 members of the security forces were also killed. It said that nearly 14,000 people have been arrested in protests in 129 towns and cities and some 115 universities.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

Nope, I disagree. The Chinese people did not win against their government. Soldiers are trained to kill the civilians, that's life in America at Kent State University. Nothing will change, you want that paycheck, you kill your own people.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

Nope, I disagree. The Chinese people did not win against their government. Soldiers are trained to kill the civilians, that's life in America at Kent State University. Nothing will change, you want that paycheck, you kill your own people.

Kent State is nothing like this MIM, 4 dead, 9 injured and as far as training, the reserves that participated were far from trained, in fact, it was poor communications and ineffective briefing that led to the discharge of weapons. ie the soldiers panicked.

Secondly, why wasn't this military unleashed during the 2019 riots if that's what they are trained to do? 60 years later. MSM wouldn't put up with hell the public wouldn't

While there may be hardcore soldiers to enforce martial law if needed, I'd be willing to bet upwards of 80% wouldn't fire on rioting civilians much less unarmed ones.

I just see totally different dynamics going on here. Totally different public attitudes, whereas Iranian and even Japanese and Chinese civilians, have been disciplined to be subservient to authority. America wouldn't put up with a Kent State now at all, rightfully so, we haven't evolved much but I do think we have at least passed that phase.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I hope you are right. But when l was in the military felt we were secretly being programmed into it's ok to shoot civilians to defend civil unrest. But yes times have changed.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

IIRC, it was National Guard troops at Kent State, not U.S. Army Reserves.

Growing up, I always heard the escalation chain for confronting civil unrest was police - national guard - federal troops.

I am no so confident that troops would not fire on civilians. Soldiers do what they're ordered to do, for the most part. It takes a lot of dissent within the forces of the authorities for mutinies to occur.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Hopefully, its the last days of the "Iran's Guards", and the protesters string them up by the neck.

Freedom to Iran and down with the current oppressive intolerant sexist draconian regime.
edit on 30-10-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   
When you get 'elite units' talking about how the public needs to sit down and shut up, you know that a) the Government is wetting itself from panic and b) that Government is utterly morally bankrupt.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Belief in Allah simply breeds bloodshed. Also allah prophet(so allah because he moved and spoke threw him) liked to breed before bloodshed if you know what I mean.
So I guess we shouldn’t care what side it’s on. Probably some ancient pervert egregore anyway.

a reply to: pheonix358

edit on 30-10-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Military men are people too with wives,mothers, fathers, sons and daughters. If civil unrest ever boiled up to the point of matching in the street odds are a pretty good chunk of the regular brass of the military also supporting the beliefs of the mob as they themselves would also be living in the same country/condition.

The military firing on American citizens would in my opinion green like the masses. And they would fight back and win with overwhelming numbers. Then….the government will just send out a f-18 to shoot one single middle the mob. Your don’t need a army willing to shoot civilians just like 10 guys on drones.

I believe that’s what Biden said anyway. Not like his gibberish means anything.
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I think Christianity promoted the notion to kill anyone who does not believe in the one true god not that long ago.

Belief in Allah or any other iteration of God is not the problem.

The problem is organized religious practice taken literally and/or to extremes.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   

While there may be hardcore soldiers to enforce martial law if needed, I'd be willing to bet upwards of 80% wouldn't fire on rioting civilians much less unarmed ones.

I think it all depends on how TPTB spin it. If they're told they're stopping civil unrest and saving lives from 'angry, right-wing extremists' they would feel justified using whatever means necessary.

If they weren't willing to kill their own? That's what UN 'Peacekeepers' are for.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think Christianity promoted the notion to kill anyone who does not believe in the one true god not that long ago.

no no no
anyone who knows anything about Christianity know that this is a total lie. shame on you.

when soldiers refuse to fire at civilians when ordered, we'll have a real tipping point.
here's hoping for regime change in Iran.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Yeh i think recorded history never mind the Bible might somewhat reinforce the claim ElGoobero

www.openbible.info...

So shame on you back coz the writing is on the wall so to speak as to what the Holy Roman Church of St Peter perpetrated in the name of God.

As to regime change in Iran, i wholeheartedly agree, because it will be nice to bring them back to the fold.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

I hope you are right. But when l was in the military felt we were secretly being programmed into it's ok to shoot civilians to defend civil unrest. But yes times have changed.

UN peace keepers would get torn to shreds in this country. Lol

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Weeks of protest in Iran entered a more violent phase on Sunday as students defied an ultimatum by the Revolutionary Guards and were met with tear gas, beatings and gunfire from riot police and militia, social media videos showed.

The confrontations at dozens of universities prompted a threat of a tougher crackdown in the seventh week of demonstrations since 22-year-old Mahsa Amini died after she was arrested by the morality police for attire deemed inappropriate.

tear gas, beatings, gunfire.
will this expand or be beaten down? Iran people, its up to you.

(Andy, this thread is about Iranian government brutality. If you want to bash Christianity please start your own thread.)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I do not identify as a Christian who follows the bible. All the books are religious texts written by man for man with the goals of man in mind.

I am spiritual being who believes in higher power.. The problem is when the religion is backed by the governments that’s what leads to extremism. Look at the whole of the Middle East. Look at the abuse the Vatican gets away with because they are literally their own country……Israel…The big religions of the day are there because at one point they WERE THE LAW OF THE GOVERNMENTS in the areas they exist in today. Even if some places claim separation of church and state it isn’t true.

but also the lower the IQ the less hypotheticals can be realized. Perhaps what we are seeing are just masses of very stupid people who can only take things literally. Goes for all people of all colour and all creeds. Although I could argue the Muslim faith is taken most literal by the most people for the longest amount of time without reformation.

Not all cultures are equal for human prosperity and it’s high time we address it.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Im just me mate, im sticking to identifying as that.

People are not equal Athetos, never mind cultures.

But that does not mean we should not endeavor to bring about a modicum of equality and freedom for all.

I was christened a protestant myself, but I'm pretty much on the fence these days, where the notion of God is concerned.

Ile certainly entertain the prospect of God or some kind of creator force.

But not in some anthropomorphized dude, made up in a book, thats the product of man, with all his fear and fallibility laid bare, that lives in the sky, and who watches our every move, loves us unconditionally, and yet is willing to burn our immortal souls for all eternity should we happen to disagree or question his ineffable plan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join