It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge says its OK for Private Citizens to Monitor Ballot Deposit Boxes 24 hours a Day.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Friday, October 28, 2022

Another significant ruling that enhances election oversight, in a Ballot "Dropbox" state.

A federal judge on Friday declined to prohibit a local group from monitoring ballot drop boxes in Arizona.

"The Court cannot craft an injunction without violating the First Amendment," District Court Judge Michael Liburdi wrote.

He said he would allow the Arizona Alliance for Retired Americans to again make a case against Clean Elections USA.

The ruling follows reports of armed and masked individuals monitoring ballot boxes in Arizona counties ahead of the midterms, the outlet noted. Ballot drop boxes have long attracted scrutiny from election integrity watchdogs over the potential for fraud.
justthenews.com...

Retired Americans feel threatened if Drop Boxes are monitored by humans?

Did any of the dropbox-stuffers look like Senior Citizens in the "2,000 Mules" movie? (I didn't watch it.) Being a "mule" would be a good source of additional short-term income for many seniors.

-CareWeMust

edit on 10/28/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

reports of armed and masked individuals monitoring ballot boxes

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that such an event could be staged ... If an excuse was wanted to prevent the monitoring of ballot boxes ...

Meet Ray Epps: The Fed-Protected Provocateur

We do know he was listed as an Oath Keeper president

edit on 29-10-2022 by provocateur because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   
How brave of that judge to find that citizens can be ‘allowed’ to be in public and observe things that are visible in public.

The fact that this even made it to a courtroom shows us how much our freedom is in jeopardy today.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Republicans sure are shameless with their corruption nowadays.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   
you say this even after needing to be told by a judge that it is legal. And necessary. get a grip. it is done to keep democrats from cheating. a reply to: namehere

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
this video is complete cringe. what a wuss.
a reply to: provocateur

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 20Eyes1974
you say this even after needing to be told by a judge that it is legal. And necessary. get a grip. it is done to keep democrats from cheating. a reply to: namehere

I'd have no problem with this ruling if it didn't blatantly violate the Constitution and allowed voter intimidation, or if the judge actually bothered interpreting the Constitution instead of making # up. # the Republicans and Democrats both but at least Democrats actually bother staying within the writing of the Constitution even when they push the boundaries, allowing Republicans to cheat just to prevent Democratsfrom cheating is a flimsy corrupt justification.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

I'm a bit fuzzy here. How is it that you know DEMOCRATS will be intimidated? Will they be wearing signs? Will they offer a glimpse of their ballots? Or is there another hard push to repeat the same strategy that was used in 2020?

Please show your work.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Did any of the dropbox-stuffers look like Senior Citizens in the "2,000 Mules" movie?

most of the video's i saw they looked like bertha butt and the butt sisters, and mail carriers.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I'm a bit fuzzy here. How is it that you know DEMOCRATS will be intimidated? Will they be wearing signs? Will they offer a glimpse of their ballots? Or is there another hard push to repeat the same strategy that was used in 2020?

Please show your work.

because its obvious which one opposes drop boxes, been pretty vocal about it to be playing dumb now.

you know what, after thinking of your words, you admit its voter intimidation? you just implied such by that question, its probably not just intimidating Democrats.
edit on 29-10-2022 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I don't know. If I was dropping off my ballot at the box, and I knew I wasn't breaking the law, I wouldn't be concerned at all. The only way I would be worried, is if I was breaking the law. At that point, I might get super defensive about those watching me do it. I wonder if you have the same thought.....

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
why is it even needed, as long as the ballot is in a sealed envelope it cant be tampered with, takes too much time and expertise to do such a thing, so guarding drop boxes is just paranoia or just an excuse to iintimidate people away from voting.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
why is it even needed, as long as the ballot is in a sealed envelope it cant be tampered with, takes too much time and expertise to do such a thing, so guarding drop boxes is just paranoia or just an excuse to iintimidate people away from voting.

or it's a way to notice if the same guy comes by every day at 6:45 to drop his "ballots".

yea, If I was breaking the law, this would make me super angry.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I don't know. If I was dropping off my ballot at the box, and I knew I wasn't breaking the law, I wouldn't be concerned at all. The only way I would be worried, is if I was breaking the law. At that point, I might get super defensive about those watching me do it. I wonder if you have the same thought.....

the classic phrase of authoritarians, if you did nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about, why even say that?

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

or it's a way to notice if the same guy comes by every day at 6:45 to drop his "ballots".

ok...and what would that accomplish, tampering is too time consuming to bother with and has minimal effect, by saying that you imply everyone is guilty when generally tampering is very rare.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

What exactly is corrupt here? What illegality did the judge miss when ruling? I'll forward your superior wisdom to the judge tout de suite.

If the necessary and proper oversight and surveillance procedures had been implemented by our DEMOCRAT Secretary of State, or our REPUBLICAN, County Recorder, there would be no need for citizens to provide this surveillance and oversight. But our elected officials responsible for conducting a fair, honest and lawful election have failed to provide necessary and proper safeguards.

Unless and until they do their jobs right and actually live up to their oaths of office, they are the corrupt ones.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

WTF? I hate when people just make things up. Why do you think, with today's tech and all the fancy scanners, it would take too much time and expertise? Even something as controlled as State IDs could be purchased for a few hundred - so I assume a ballot would be much, much cheaper. Maybe the cost of a few tv ads?

As for intimidation, anyone in any public place should assume they are being watched because they probably are being watched. If Walmart can follow you around in the pharmacy department, people can do it with drop off boxes.

Now, standing there with guns or saying anything to people should be stopped but simply sitting there is fine.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

why is it even needed, as long as the ballot is in a sealed envelope it cant be tampered with...

Because it is illegal for voters to drop off more than their own ballot, so anyone dropping more than one ballot is breaking the law.

Because there is no guarantee that ballots dropped in dropboxes are legal and legitimate ballots.

Because the election officials have weakened and even ignored proper legal protocols for verifying these ballots, thus allowing questionable ballots to be counted.

Because illegal and illegitimate ballots make fair and honest elections impossible, and accurate results impossible to know.

...takes too much time and expertise to do such a thing...

Bull.

ETA: I have to correct my math... I confused myself!

ETA 2: Correction: Early Voting begins 25 days before Election Day. If 25 mules drop off 10 fraudulent ballots every day of Early Voting, that's 6500 fraudulent ballots. If those 25 mules drop off ten ballots twice a day for every day of Early Voting, that's 13,000 fraudulent ballots. Easily covering Biden's "winning" margin.

In a county of 2+ million voters, 25 mules is nothing.

...so guarding drop boxes is just paranoia or just an excuse to iintimidate people away from voting.

Nope. Guarding dropboxes is necessary and proper but is the duty of election officials, not our fellow citizens.
edit on 29-10-2022 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2022 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I'd have no problem with this ruling if it didn't blatantly violate the Constitution and allowed voter intimidation, or if the judge actually bothered interpreting the Constitution instead of making # up. # the Republicans and Democrats both but at least Democrats actually bother staying within the writing of the Constitution even when they push the boundaries, allowing Republicans to cheat just to prevent Democratsfrom cheating is a flimsy corrupt justification.

Voter intimidation? How? Their ballot is already filled out they are just dropping it off. I've read quite a bit about this and an article on Reason.com states that there is nothing tying the people with weapons to this group. Personally I think drop boxes should be made illegal.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

If I was getting paid to break the law, this would make me super angry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join