It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man finds hidden TWRA camera on his property gets arrested for removing it !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Unbelievable. More government overreach.
A man finds some hidden camera on his property , watches the footage, sees it's TWRA wildlife officers who placed it there.
He can see the officers and himself on the footage.
Naturally he's outraged , and removes the camera. Officers show up at his house saying he 'stole' the camera!

100% sure this is not legal

Good for the Institute of Justice at least

Some youtube comment to make sure to read:

A friend of mine, along with two of his friends caught two federal agents placing cameras on his private property. As they rolled up on these agents, there was no federally licensed vehicle in sight. My friend held the two agents at gunpoint until they thoroughly identified themselves. They did NOT have warrants allowing them to be on the property placing cameras. My friend confiscated both cameras from the agents and sent them on their way. Two days later armed agents showed up at his house and arrested him. My friend is currently being represented for free in this case. All indications are that he will be successful.

You need to post your property with No Trespassing signs.

If this happens to you, you have options. Hang something in front of the camera to block its view, put bird poop on it, break a limb on it or something similar so it obscures its view without it being obvious you did it, put your own tracker on it, and put up your own camera pointed at their camera and along the routes agents would need to travel so you can identify which agents are maintaining/moving the camera. then, post photos/videos of the agents and their vehicles online, making sure the plates are visible. Government employees really hate being photographed or videoed when they're violating the rights of citizens, so expect some blowback from that.

You can also investigate what frequencies the antenna is transmitting on so that might help you locate other cameras on your property. Also, publish these frequencies online so others can do the same on their property.

I also wonder what would happen if people followed these agents (from a respectable distance) when they were out and about and took notes on their activities. They make our lives hard, so why shouldn't we turn the tables on them?

You stole our camera that we unlawfully placed on your property. Now your under arrest for stealing our illegally hidden camera, and we will now search your house illegally, just so you understand how the law works"
-the law

edit on 28-10-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I would have built a box around it and padlocked the access. Leave a laminated sign with instructions should they want to gain access.

F them.

a reply to: ancientlight

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   
staff edit
edit on Fri Oct 28 2022 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Now THAT is my kind of thinking! 🍻

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The TWRA has been doing this for years and despite numerous complaints and with several failed bills it looks like they'll be able to continue doing so indefinitely.

It's spying and tresspassing in my opinion, but the law enforcement side of the TWRA basically gets away with doing whatever tbey want, and other law enforcement will call them up to skip warrants whenever they see fit, because it's legal for the TWRA to basically do whatever they want.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I guess next time he will just shoot them and throw the camera in a lake. Surprised he didn’t actually on the first visit. Unmarked, undocumented trespassing with the intent observe secretly. Gangs and hit men do that kid of activity as well.

Shame when law behaves like the mafia.
a reply to: ancientlight

edit on 29-10-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join