It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College students support forcing people to voice support for Liberal causes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I guess that we already knew this, but here are some rather alarming numbers that demonstrate that not only are modern college students in favor of restricting free speech but that they also support measures to force people to agree with their politics and ideologies.

source

a majority of these petty tyrants say colleges “should require that students, professors, and faculty state their preferred gender pronouns when introducing themselves"

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   
pretty normal for students especially those from wealthier background to want universal compliance to their whims..

it seems we repeat many aspects of previous eras the 1890s the 1920s and 1970s.. all pretty the tail end of those versions of society... looking around this really does appear the tail end of our version of society.. especially the way the political class embrace any fringe idea that might save them..

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
I guess that we already knew this, but here are some rather alarming numbers that demonstrate that not only are modern college students in favor of restricting free speech but that they also support measures to force people to agree with their politics and ideologies.

source

a majority of these petty tyrants say colleges “should require that students, professors, and faculty state their preferred gender pronouns when introducing themselves"

So you think it's alarming they want compelled speech and suppression of speech, but you find it completely acceptable for companies to compel medical treatment that carries a risk of death and disability yet provides no prevention of illness or transmission?

edit on 10/28/22 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

hahaha

hahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHA!

perfect comment. In regards to the OP - they can try as they might, but some of us don't play that game. When I meet someone new, after a bit of conversation I always ask if they believe a man can be a woman. If they don't answer with an unequivocal NO, I advise that i cannot continue dialog as that is a truth that I draw the line at. If anyone refuses to acknowledge that very simple FACT, then I know I am dealing with someone with impaired mental faculties

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Not exactly a shocking revelation.

After several generations of kids being raised with participation trophies and never being told no, it was inevitable.
Feelings are all they care about.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Every generation, no matter their politics, is guilty of some amount of indoctrination, but the marxist left has excelled in their efforts, and it's paying big dividends.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I support telling idiot college students to stfu and pay their own damn bills.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The irony is strong with this one.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

source

So you think it's alarming they want compelled speech and suppression of speech, but you find it completely acceptable for companies to compel medical treatment that carries a risk of death and disability yet provides no prevention of illness or transmission?

...and interrupt discussion on the above so much so that it, for all intents and purposes, suppresses free speech. It's a tricky tactic but how dare those shameful college students.

Editing to add... I agree about the college students and in my experience the alumni too, are being used to usher in a new world that does not serve the average person. It's all about taking up the airwaves and baffling with bs so that real problems cannot be addressed. These students don't have real life worries yet, neither do the tenured profs I know, so they are lost to the truth that none of this garbage matters to every day people. We need youth to be idealistic to fight for the essence of free speech and the freedom of the people, not the opposite.
edit on 28-10-2022 by igloo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join