It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tu-160: B-1 Rip Off

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
russia is working with korea about the black eagle, and mig 1.44 was a testbed for the pak-fa that will take off in 2006

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Do get a little bit more on topic.
Didnt the B1 had a major problem with the formation of ice wenn flying above water, mud, melting snow, at temperatures between -7�C and +9�C.
In fact, it was in the report to congress that a research committee stated that the engines could not run under these conditions. (wasnt this plane designed to fly low above the Soviet Union???)
Wenn the B1 first got operational its readiness status was zero.
Many flaws in its defensive systems, radar could not look behind the aircraft etc....
Have there been any upgrades to the aircraft?
Maybe in the form of Block's or other upgrade programs?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
KrazyIvan, I beg to differ when you say that the b-1 lancer is NOT an intercontinental bomber. It can do this job as well as not having to go through in-flight refueling. Don't believe me? have a look for yourself. www.af.mil

Thanks, Jeff

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MakodFilu

Originally posted by ADVISOR
It sure looks like a Boeing design...or did Boeing start off as russian?
It sure did, because Boeing give them the plans to build it. Matters of war.

The B29 was piloted to Russia by an American pilot who was trying to save his crew as the aircraft had been damaged on a raid to Japan and would not make it back home. The crew were interred and held for a while, then turned over to the US. The airplane however, was taken apart, blueprinted, and copied in minute detail. They even copied the patched bullet holes in the skin.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
wait I know which spy it was it was clint eastwood in firefox where he stole that plane for the US o wait that was just a movie ehehe.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My opinion may not matter but when i saw the Tu-160, i wa speechless. I expected it to be a propelar plane but i was proven wrong and yeah it is pretty hot, but it is a copy of the B1a.

If your gonna make a response to an enemy aircraft, make it a good one and not an ALMOST copy of that aircraft.

If only the Tu-160 was colored in black cam.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
but it is a copy of the B1a.

read the whole thread before making stupid comments like that
, it is nothing like the b1

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
but it is a copy of the B1a.

read the whole thread before making stupid comments like that
, it is nothing like the b1

Me make stupid comments??? Well instead of cutting out the rest of my post and using just a little to make a point, post the whole thing and read it yourself! your just like the press making lies, twisting truth into non existent information.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

is currently recieving billions of US aid, is still trying to build aircraft 'matching' what the US is building and working on?

regards
seekerof

Check your data.

That was in Yeltsins times.

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The blackjack was produced to counter the B-1. it is a copy
the blakjack is Slightly larger and has slightly more powerful engines It is well known to be very Inferior to the B-1

The blackjacks "listed" numbers seem much more impressive than the B-1's "listed" numbers... the american govt has a habit of leaving out the good stuff.

The B-1 is truly an intercontinental bomber
It also holds 63 world records that the blackjack cant hold a light on.
there are systems left off of the blackjack because of a lack of technology at the time, I cannot go into detail on many of these issues because I worked B-1's in the AF
and much is still classified. the B-1's have been continually updated and are the best bombers in the sky

By the way...the B-1 is MORE than capable for supersonic flight

The blackjack is not nor ever was near the caliber aircraft the B-1 is
heavier, less efficent, FAR less maneuverable... oh and obsolete.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: cyberpilot
The blackjack was produced to counter the B-1. it is a copy
the blakjack is Slightly larger and has slightly more powerful engines It is well known to be very Inferior to the B-1

The blackjacks "listed" numbers seem much more impressive than the B-1's "listed" numbers... the american govt has a habit of leaving out the good stuff.

The B-1 is truly an intercontinental bomber
It also holds 63 world records that the blackjack cant hold a light on.
there are systems left off of the blackjack because of a lack of technology at the time, I cannot go into detail on many of these issues because I worked B-1's in the AF
and much is still classified. the B-1's have been continually updated and are the best bombers in the sky

By the way...the B-1 is MORE than capable for supersonic flight

The blackjack is not nor ever was near the caliber aircraft the B-1 is
heavier, less efficent, FAR less maneuverable... oh and obsolete.

The B-1A had a top speed of Mach 2.2 and the Tu-160 can fly at Mach 2, but the B-1B is only capable of Mach 1.2 because it relies on serpentine air intake ducts and fixed intake ramps to reduce its radar cross-section. Whereas the B-1B was designed to carry free-fall bombs (it was disarmed of nuclear weaponry in the mid-1990s), the Tu-160's primary weapons load comprises Raduga Kh-55 cruise missiles.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join