It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreamt I was Another Man and Was Conscripted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
In the past I have written that when I remember my dreams most often I am some other person. Sometimes a child in the U.S., a teenager, a young adult, and I have seen myself as a child in the Middle East, always a male.

Well, last night I remember my dream again, and this time I was a young adult around 18-19 years old. Black hair, blue eyes, thin and at least 6 feet tall. In the dream I often saw myself with friends and in the dream I knew all our names. At first the dream was lighthearted, it was all fun between us. Simple fun, nothing morbid or sexual. But then I saw myself, as this young man, and a couple of my friends and I were conscripted. Not all my friends were conscripted, but I did have a medical condition asthma and for some strange reason they still enlisted me. Not sure if it was in the Marines, or the Navy but there were some new drills/exercises with a new rifle I have never seen before.

I know the Navy bootcamp hasn't been training with live ammo or real rifles in a long time, but this time the new rifles we were using and ammo was real. Some of the drills were done in the water and it seemed that the training was being hurried for some reason that in the dream my friends and I didn't know why was happening. I woke up still doing one of the military drills in the dream.

When one of these dreams happens, when I remember, everything seems real in the dream and every time I have a different personality. This one seemed just as real as real life. What stuck for me after I woke up was that we were being conscripted, which hasn't happened in a long time.

Hopefully it is just a dream.

edit on 25-10-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
When these dreams or visions happen to me too it does seem like I'm teleported back to that time to relive the experience.

I once saw myself standing in a desert watching a camel caravan pass by and the smell of frankensence was wafting through the dry air while the sun was setting. I knew I was a barren wife of a sheik and because I had no children to attend to I was there to buy some wares for myself. Another dream/vision was me as an Egyptian high priestess performing some ritual in a cave-like area, getting high from gases coming from the ground, or something - although I believe something was burning in a bowl too.

Do you recall what you were wearing or the type of rifle used? That way you might be able to get an accurate timeline when you might have been conscripted. And depending on the desperation of the military for men they might have waived all men with asthma.

If you were a male in the middle east in the past, then you were lucky.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Navy Seal?

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Your statement about the Navy not training in marksmanship with live fire made no sense to me and so I looked it up.

www.military.com...

Looks like they (understandably) also do live fire training?

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Good day friend! Keeping a journal, written immediately upon waking from ...can be insightful later. Not necessarily now...

I get doozies because waking hrs, I'm a sensitive. Dreamstate? Yep...sometimes I've cried.

Perhaps? The dreams are reality and reality, not?

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

When one of these dreams happens, when I remember, everything seems real in the dream and every time I have a different personality. This one seemed just as real as real life. What stuck for me after I woke up was that we were being conscripted, which hasn't happened in a long time.

Hopefully it is just a dream.

Were you speaking Russian in your dream?

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Your statement about the Navy not training in marksmanship with live fire made no sense to me and so I looked it up.

www.military.com...

Looks like they (understandably) also do live fire training?

I was talking about Bootcamp. Back in the 1990s we, sailors/NAVY, trained with laser rifles, not with real rifles. In Aircrew AW school we did train with the 9mm Beretta. As Aircremen we are only allowed to have a gun/pistol/9mm Beretta when doing missions. But the training I saw in the dream seemed to be bootcamp.

This is part of what has me a bit confused as well, because in the dream the recruits were learning how to use a new rifle, but quite a bit of their training was in water. I don't think they were training as Navy seals, or even as Aircrewmen. I am not even sure what language was being spoken.

edit on 26-10-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Were you speaking Russian in your dream?

In the dreams we are always speaking the language of the region, and in the dream I understand the language. But once I wake up that understanding is gone.

I have seen the life of a child in the Middle East and how he was speaking Farsi with his mother after she called him and his sister as they were playing outside their home. I saw how this child and his family lived, ate, and did regular things in their lives. But once I wake up the understanding of those languages is gone.

edit on 26-10-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

The training has changed. But back in the 1990s in bootcamp the Navy was using a computarized system, a glorified laser tag system. We were only allowed to use them once and we shot a few shots which were captured by the target. The front of the laser rifles had an orange cap.

In basic training, recruits of the Army, Air Force and Marine Corps will fire this weapon. Navy recruits will fire a computerized simulator of the M-16 rifle.

Discovering the Weapons Used in Basic

Back in the 1990s the Navy was still segregating women and men. We trained together, but we did not live in the same barracks.

Apparently, according to that link you gave women and men/recruits are now living in the same barracks. So quite a bit has changed since the 1990s.

I was a "recruit petty officer" during bootcamp, and because my jobs got me running all over the base I got a case of frost byte in my foot. I had to walk with crutches until my foot got better.

I had more than 1 job as a recruit petty officer because the Medical petty officer resigned, and my drill instructors gave me that job alongside my regular job as "recruit Yeoman", in which I helped a few recruits get their U.S. citizenship as well as getting other paperwork and all the prescription drugs ready for the recruits that needed them, or if they needed chow at the barracks because they were sick. Most times I finished my jobs at 1-2 am or so, so I slept less than all other recruits and recruit petty officers.

edit on 26-10-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

new topics

top topics

join