It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Joe Chambers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If you're a singer songwriter or just love rock and country, or have been around Nashville long enough you have surely at least heard of Joe Chambers.

The man is a legend. He helped shape the Nashville music scene, founded the Musicians Hall of Fame, and started a great musicians' shops bearing his name.

I met him through my father who used to skip school to hang out in his music shop and play guitar back in the 80s, and subsequently became friends with his kids in high school. I always remember him being friendly and helpful, and I don't recall ever seeing him without a smile on his face.

Well into the early 2000s his guitar shop was still a cool spot to see historic guitars and other instruments that had been owned by rock stars and country artists throughout time, and after the city basically screwed him out of his store location ro build a road through it he invested and started the Musician's Hall of Fame in Nashville.

He actually passed away last month, but I wanted to at least wait until after everything was settled. A memorial service was hosted last night in Nashville, and it was a very nice service where artists who he had influenced and befriended came to pay their respects and perform.

A little history about Joe Chambers from Music Row

Joe Chambers Obituary

Here's some words of inspiration from him talking about how to make it in the music industry.

Here's a really great interview from The Sessions Panel where he's talking about what got him into music, growing up in a time when music was really happening, and what lead him to being a major influence in the music industry.

If anything I hope you enjoy learning a bit about the music industry and listening to a great man who helped shape the music industry and curate its history.
edit on 24-10-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: formatting

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wow. I really enjoyed his interviews. A sad day for everyone.
Thanks for posting.

new topics

join