It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible for a man to be smarter than a woman?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:50 AM
link   
From years of evolution it seems I'm stumped. My wife has definitively declared that women are smarter then me. Is she right?

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Pretty sure you better write and posit way more than that nothing for this juncture to persist.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Well, if you're stumped...

edit on 24-10-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: godsovein

Maybe you could put it better.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure Adam had no intentions on giving up a rib for a woman, let alone(pun) wanting to eat the forbidden fruit; Adam got suckered, along with every Man since!
edit on 10 24 2022 by Ilikesecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
From years of evolution it seems I'm stumped. My wife has definitively declared that women are smarter then me. Is she right?

Prove her wrong.

Tell her that you agree with her.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Thanks bro now I have to go out and build a fire pit that I said I would build 4 months ago

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Having two daughters (and one son) along with a granddaughter and grandson, I have to be careful when I’m displaying my misogyny. When any question such as this comes up, I simply tell them women are knives, men are forks. A fork makes a poor knife and a knife makes a poor fork. Each is great at its job and working together they can be even better. I then quickly change the subject before someone asks me about spoons or sporks or those knife combined forks. I mean I’m not spoon or spork phobic but i dont want that conversation.

I’m also not a misogynist I’m just a man stuck in a mans body, I know how very inconsiderate of me.

But to directly address the point from the OP, I think women have to be smarter. Men have generally speaking used their strength and violence to get their way for hundreds of thousands of years, while women generally had to use other means. One just brute strength and the other having to outsmart the brute strength. So yeah, I’d concede women are smarter, just not behind the wheel of a car.
edit on 24-10-2022 by Tortuga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Technically the answer to the question is that men have a higher IQ average.

Regarding the upper end, for those with an IQ of 126+ (gifted range), there are roughly two men for every woman, and among those with 136+, it’s closer to three men for every woman. As to the lower end, for those with an IQ of 90- (below average) there are roughly three women for every two men.

edit on CDT03Mon, 24 Oct 2022 03:08:20 -050000000010b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

'twas a wise man who said "Happy wife, happy life"

Wink...

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I don't know you or your relationship = age/years. I suggest you may, right now, put in an escape plan. Once this type of conversation takes place it may get worse.

The plan is simple, own bank account, somewhere to stay/camp and the need/ability to further yourself. Once you've done it, don't look back otherwise you'll be under the thumb so to speak and have to adjust to the rule.

My thoughts,

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Rule 1 of marriage- The Wife is always right.

Rule 2 of marriage-Always put the toilet seat down.

Follow those two rules and you'll have years of bliss.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Absolutely right it matters not who was right she always is because sleeping on the couch sucks

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   
SPAM
edit on 10/24/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

You poor blighter.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

People, this isn’t a marriage this is just living under a thumb.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Depends what you want to be smarter at I'd think.

Mood, chemicals and hormones affect how we think and they also affect each other to some degree. There's probably a long list of things that affect how we think.

When it comes to relationships I'd like to think communication reveals who the smarter one is but should also shine a light on any shortcomings...

Men are traditionally less communicative so maybe she has a point lol

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This kind of stuff can only get worse. Time to move on, when you still have your sanity left. I have been free for 14 years now, and could not be happier.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Just tell her that however stupid she thinks you are, she's the one who chose to marry you.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The only female contestant on Jeopardy to reach one million dollars, has a penis.

www.washingtonpost.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join