It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently Parasites Infect People in the West, Too

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I just noticed I never finished this post after a forced computer restart and my browser restored the hundred+tabs and it landed on this one... cool...

originally posted by: rounda
a reply to: tanstaafl
So wait, humans figured out what plants would kill them, and what plants wouldn't kill them how? Did they just ask the plants, "Hey, if i eat you, you gonna kill me?"

They learned by watching and learning when one of their tribe died from eating something.

You know... rocket science.

But wow, look at this, renowned paleoanthropologist William Kimbel claims humans have been eating grains for 4 million years, and is the defining factor between humans and apes.

"The enhanced dietary flexibility of early hominins to include consumption of C4/crassulacean acid metabolism (CAM) foods (i.e., foods derived from grasses, sedges, and succulents common in tropical savannas and deserts) likely represents a significant ecological and behavioral distinction from both extant great apes and the last common ancestor that we shared with great apes."

www.pnas.org...

Oops.

Well... since the line of hominids these tests were run on went extinct long ago, I'd say...

Yep. Big oops (on your part).

Frederick Manthi is a PhD in paleontology... C3 resources are trees and shrubs, C4 resources are grasses...

"Stable isotope-based diet reconstructions of Turkana Basin hominins

The earliest hominin species in the Turkana Basin, Australopithecus anamensis, derived nearly all of its diet from C3 resources. Subsequently, by ca. 3.3 Ma, the later Kenyanthropus platyops had a very wide dietary range—from virtually a purely C3 resource-based diet to one dominated by C4 resources."

www.pnas.org...

Oops again.

Same thing applies here... the tests were done on a line of hominids that went extinct long ago.

So... yeah... oops (on your part) again.

Matt Sponheimer is a PhD of Anthropology...

"Isotopic evidence of early hominin diets

Before 4 Ma, hominins had diets that were dominated by C3 resources and were, in that sense, similar to extant chimpanzees. By about 3.5 Ma, multiple hominin taxa began incorporating 13C-enriched [C4 or crassulacean acid metabolism (CAM)] foods in their diets and had highly variable carbon isotope compositions which are atypical for African mammals. By about 2.5 Ma, Paranthropus in eastern Africa diverged toward C4/CAM specialization and occupied an isotopic niche unknown in catarrhine primates, except in the fossil relations of grass-eating geladas (Theropithecus gelada)"

www.pnas.org...

And yet again, the same thing applies here...

"Most apes eat leaves and fruits from trees and shrubs.

Ummm... ok, I see part of your problem. I hate to spring it on you like this, but: [whisper]we are not apes[/whisper].

Apes' small/large intestines are reversed as compared to ours, because in order to be able to digest plant matter, they have to ferment it in their very long 4ft cecum/large intestine. Our vestigial cecum (commonly called the appendix) is only a few inches long because we no longer need/use it due to the fact that we are obligate hyper-carnivores.

"New studies spearheaded by the University of Utah show that human ancestors expanded their menu 3.5 million years ago, adding tropical grasses and sedges to an ape-like diet and setting the stage for our modern diet of grains, grasses, and meat and dairy from grazing animals."

www.sciencedaily.com...

So, since we aren't apes, and our digestive systems are actually reversed...

Oops yet again...?

I guess asking ANY paleoanthropologist doesn't provide the answer you claim. And they used stable isotope testing too? Weird.

Weird? Not when you understand that they were either ignorant, or intellectually disgonest by trying to pass off their findings as relevant/applicable to modern homo sapiens.

Those YouTube doctors seem to be much smarter than world renowed paleo archaeologists and anthropologists.

That, and they're honest.

I wonder if it has to do with the ad revenue they make on video views and their website.

I wonder if the funding sources of the university scientists you referenced above had any bearing on their decisions to make their findings appear relevant when they weren't. Well, I guess they were relevant, when you understand that it proves the superiority of the line of hominids that were carnivore.

Dr Ken D Berry, who is a family physician (so he knows about ancient hominid diets!),

He does, because he has actually gone back to school to study anthrp[plogy, paleoanthropology, etc etc yadda yadda.

has an interesting video description:
"Daily MINERALS will Help: http://(link tracking not allowed)/MineralFix (Discount Code applied) Healthy REAL SALT: http://(link tracking not allowed)/RealSalts Liver Supplement: http://(link tracking not allowed)/AncestOrgs (Discount code = KENTEN) Real MEAT you Need: http://(link tracking not allowed)/yes2meat"

Nah, couldn't be.

Ph yeah, he's really killing it making a few cents off the few people that buy the actually worthwhile supplements he recommends to those who may need them.

Of course, you wouldn't even know that he actually tells people that most people don't need ANY supplements, but for those few who do, even if only temporarily, he points them to quality versions.

I have this oil obtained from the magic gland of the abracadabra snake indigenous to the garden of Eden. Quantities are limited and going fast. You can have it for just three easy payments of $19.95.

He is telling people how important a good quality salt, and some electrolyte minerals can be for those who are deficient, and this is what you stoop to? Snake oil? Pitiful.

Literally 2 minutes on Google debunks your pseudoscience.

Yeah - except it didn't.

And I'm the one who is brainwashed.

Why yes... yes, you are.

edit on 8-2-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   
lol. i water fasted from march 8 - april 1 and now ive been dry fasting since i went to sleep on sunday (no food no liquids, still taking showers and ive rinsed/gargled a few times in the mornings or after smoking weed when my mouth is dry)

im still losing weight since im still overweight but i feel great, better than i have in years.

i do believe cico for most people but i also believe that becoming breatharian is possible so dont mind me. but one thing i know for sure and have verified for myself now is that human beings can go without calories until all their fat is gone, and without water for 69 hours and counting (my goal was 7 days but honestly i might just keep it going until i feel like i should break it, ive seen some comments saying that they didnt get rid of parasites and stuff until day 10... of course im not sure if i even have any).

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Except neither exercise and/or caloric restriction work for long term healthy fat loss. Never has, never will.

Whoever says that is just making an excuse to be lazy.

edit on 12-4-2023 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Except neither exercise and/or caloric restriction work for long term healthy fat loss. Never has, never will.

Whoever says that is just making an excuse to be lazy.

Nope... they're demonstrating an actual understanding of human metabolism. and how it works under different circumstances.

When you calorie restrict, your basal metabolic rate slows down - which means your body metabolizes fewer calories when at rest. Then the amount of additional calories your body metabolizes from exercise, as compared to the overall number of calories your body metabolizes just keeping you alive over any given 24 hour period, is very small.

If you want to lose weight permanently, you must change your lifestyle... permanently.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join