It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can’t afford our energy bills, we’ve been cutting trees in the woods at night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I am sure the British will handle it.
Your British leaders, politicians, Boris Johnson the clown said Britain will able to handle it.

Just blame Putin & Russia.
Not their sanctions that are causing quite the consequences on Europe and its high electricity charge on your energy bill.

Boris Johnson and other elitists dont have be cutting trees in the woods at night.
Remember its never the sanctions that its hurting your energy or that is causing the high costs of energy currently. Its just like what Hillary Clinton keeps blaming.

We can’t afford our energy bills, we’ve been cutting trees in the woods at nigh

We were desperate to put the heating on but, with a projected energy bill of £6,000 for the next year, restrained ourselves, thinking setting a fire in the living room would be a compromise.

edit on 21-10-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

No thoughts of developing domestic supplies or building nuclear or anything like that?

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Boris is a New Yorker.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Where will UK and most other Western Euporean countries get their coal from? China?

UK reliance on Russian fossil fuels

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The whole situation is horrible for all involved

I find it quite distasteful that you seem to be gleeful of these developments, especially since its not the british people who are responsible or even wanted this

The more i see your posts the less I think of you as a human being

The further this goes on the worse its going to be on everyone, including Russia, theyre already on the verge of another economic calamity as it is
edit on 21-10-2022 by CrazyWater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

The more i see your posts the less I think of you as a human being

I dont blame anyone expect the British polticans for this horrible situation and i am not the one whose gleeful of these developments.

You got that wrong..

The polticans keep smirking while they keep wasting billions for a proxy war which is now turning into a NATO vs Russia war in Ukraine.

The British clown Boris Johnson turned down a Russian backed peace deal for Ukraine in which because he didn't wanted Russia to gain anything from it?

If Ukraine agreed to a peace deal we wouldn't being in this mess.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   
But you believe its Russia the one whose suffering not Europe/US whose responsible for pushing the powerful sanctions agaisnt Russia.

The same sanctions you and your polticans thought that it would have no repercussions no consequences.

These sanctions are hurting Europeans/Europe more than they are agaisnt Russia. Germany would be entering into a recession.

They wont have the cheaper energy that they were getting from Russia.

theyre already on the verge of another economic calamity

On the contrary it is Europe that are on verge of another economic calamity. Unfortunately for Germany they will have it a bit more in a difficult situation.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   

But you believe its Russia the one whose suffering not Europe/US whose responsible for pushing the powerful sanctions agaisnt Russia.

The same sanctions you and your polticans thought that it would have no repercussions no consequences.

You dont know what the hell I believe, youve only exchanged maybe ONE message back and forth with me, so pump your breaks and take a seat, your gas lighting and BS wont work on me sweety

On the contrary it is Europe that are on verge of another economic calamity.

See heres the thing, I dont really CARE what you SAY, because the evidence and the facts CLEARLY show that Russia is having a hard time right now, if not they wouldnt be conscripting 300,000 people by force who are in their 40s and 50s with no military experience

Along with a thousand other glaring issues that point that Russia is in a really bad spot economically

You can champion your propaganda all you want, it makes zero difference
edit on 21-10-2022 by CrazyWater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The level of criminal trespass, arson and stupidity is just too high to believe.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Has all the coal mining in Britain stopped now?

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 12:49 AM
link   

The UK has identified hard coal resources of 3 910 million tonnes, although total resources could be as large as 187 billion tonnes.
euracoal.eu...

At some point there will be a return to mining, with all the devastating effects on underground water courses etc.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

yep and instead of building effective coal fired power stations they'll be quick and dirty ones..

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

still have a few coal fired stations left the pan this winter is to keep 2gw of coal fired stations in reserve

Here’s where the UK’s last remaining mines are still being operated – and where others are planned

though I can see the greens protesting the last remaining coal power station this winter..

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

the idea is to copy Germany and be reliant on others... though it seems for no other reason than radicalising your voters..

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 01:39 AM
link   
living in a poor area of southern England, people going into the woods and felling trees for their fires predates this crisis.. though this crisis is liable to normalise carbon monoxide deaths.. something mostly eradicated in the 70s/80s, I suspect we'll be seeing a spike in house fires too.. all avoidable but then covid has proven one thing that neither the media or political elite care about their own peoples..

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 01:59 AM
link   

See heres the thing, I dont really CARE what you SAY, because the evidence and the facts CLEARLY show that Russia is having a hard time right now, if not they wouldnt be conscripting 300,000 people by force who are in their 40s and 50s with no military experience

Ah you mean like how the Ukrainians are sending their forces and soilders and the western vounnlters many of who have no military experience?

the facts CLEARLY show that Russia is having a hard time right now

Ah yes those facts like how the Mainstream News Media Outlets had being claiming how Russia is running out of everything? or in the words of the EU/EC president.

Russia is using dishwasher machines on their militarily or something in between that message.

Its a given NATO, US are using Ukraine, AFU as a meat grinder agaisnt Russia instead of NATO entering the conflict directly.

edit on 22-10-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Along with a thousand other glaring issues that point that Russia is in a really bad spot economically

Seeing how you are a American.
You once again keep ignoring that economically Europe is the one in the bad spot due to the sanctions which is causing a rise on electricity prices.

Despite that many countries coming out of the Covid nonsense now.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

The UK has identified hard coal resources of 3 910 million tonnes, although total resources could be as large as 187 billion tonnes.
euracoal.eu...

At some point there will be a return to mining, with all the devastating effects on underground water courses etc.

can't they drill the north atlantic and stuff?

off shore drilling

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   

the EU was always the canary in the economic coalmine, of all blocks it's lack of response after the euro crisis has left it weak so any player, US Russia or China can manipulate them to their hearts content its also why the British globalists are willing to destroy British democracy to ride to the aid of the EU in effect replacing Germany as main player but risking destroying Britain in the process..

in this Ukraine sadly becomes our Spanish civil war and Taiwan our Hong Kong.. bottom line is we're all f*cked as the fractures and divisions are now baked in with an elite trapped in a cycle of repeating the same mistakes over and over..

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

there are lots of resources the reluctance is tapping them in favour of draining others of resources..

post the Crimea invasion Europe should have pivoted back to north north sea and south north sea deposits not ramp up the cut back.. it could have pivoted from Russia but instead focused on stuff like getting the pars pipeline.. the hubris of thinking they could isolate that pairing is something to behold..

we can look at it in 2 ways a self inflicted wound or draining others of resources while keeping you own until they are worth as much as gold..
edit on 22-10-2022 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join