It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We'll be able to buy our medical weed at the gas stations soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

I had to post this for you all when I saw it. I had an aha moment when I saw this. I remember being about 17 (1995) and all of us smoking, and saying how we'll be able to buy this from the gas station one day. Bud was highly illegal and came with harsh prison sentences back then. But even as teenagers in the 90s we knew that there was nothing wrong with what we were doing (smoking a bowl and playing video games mostly).
And low and behold, you will soon be able to buy your bud while you get your gas and doritos.

edit on 21-10-2022 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2022 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

Awesome! The road will be full of doped up drivers. I guess that setting people up to lose their driver's license is one way to get the common folk out of their cars.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Awesome! The road will be full of doped up drivers. I guess that setting people up to lose their driver's license is one way to get the common folk out of their cars.

You can buy alcohol at gas stations, no?

The road isn't full of drunk drivers is it?

They said the same thing here.

We can buy weed legally from people with backyard dispensaries around here.

Very rare to see a report of DWH as well. DWI is much more common, maybe because DWH is harder to prove I guess.

I'd be more concerned about people driving around while under the effects of anti-depressants/anxiety medications and opioids.

edit on 10/21/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Very rare to see a report of DWH as well. DWI is much more common, maybe because DWH is harder to prove I guess.

I'd be more concerned about people driving around while under the effects of anti-depressants/anxiety medications and opioids.

Well, first of all, the road IS full of drunk drivers, and I assume high drivers. Myself, I am very pro MJ. I do however think that it should be used in a responsible way. Designated drivers if you are going out. That’s pretty much a no brainer wether it’s alcohol or MJ.

I live in a prohibition state. Nothing is legal here except CBD. Of course that doesn’t stop anyone. I smoke Cali’s finest on a daily basis. This is done in the privacy of my own home. I would never think of going somewhere in my vehicle after use unless there is a sober driver.

In the past, I have driven impaired at times, until a friend killed a family of four in a horrific accident. That was the catalyst for my current position on the matter. You can go out and have all the fun you want, but it’s not that hard to do it responsibly.

I think a big problem is the concentrates. Way more power there than anyone really needs.

It’s just not worth it to take a chance on destroying your life, or the life’s of other people on the road. And by the way, my friend is still in prison. Really sad.

I guess I should say, that my friend was solely using alcohol before the accident.
edit on CDT2022p2022-10-21T17:59:03-05:00Fri, 21 Oct 2022 17:59:03 -0500pmf31 by Topcraft because: (no reason given)

edit on CDT2022p2022-10-21T18:02:10-05:00Fri, 21 Oct 2022 18:02:10 -0500pmf31 by Topcraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

you uber-herb?

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

s

Synchronicity you said that. Just had an elderly man crash into my parked car, totally hammered on his meds and vodka at 9am.
Cops told me he was driving on a suspended license after 4 DUIs. No insurance of course.

edit on 21-10-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft

Well, first of all, the road IS full of drunk drivers, and I assume high drivers. Myself, I am very pro MJ. I do however think that it should be used in a responsible way. Designated drivers if you are going out. That’s pretty much a no brainer wether it’s alcohol or MJ.

I live in a prohibition state. Nothing is legal here except CBD. Of course that doesn’t stop anyone. I smoke Cali’s finest on a daily basis. This is done in the privacy of my own home. I would never think of going somewhere in my vehicle after use unless there is a sober driver.

In the past, I have driven impaired at times, until a friend killed a family of four in a horrific accident. That was the catalyst for my current position on the matter. You can go out and have all the fun you want, but it’s not that hard to do it responsibly.

I think a big problem is the concentrates. Way more power there than anyone really needs.

It’s just not worth it to take a chance on destroying your life, or the life’s of other people on the road. And by the way, my friend is still in prison. Really sad.

Of course ANY impairing substance should be used responsibly and driving avoided.

My point was that we haven't really seen an increase in DWH around here since legalization.

Be responsible.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I'm not concerned at all about people using marijuana. I co-own a chain of pot shops.

But like Topcraft said, the road is full of drunk drivers and assumed high drivers. I will go beyond that and say that I notice people smoking or vaping cannabis products all of the time while driving.
edit on 21 10 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

s

Synchronicity you said that. Just had an elderly man crash into my parked car, totally hammered on his meds and vodka.
Cops told me he was driving on a suspended license after 4 DUIs. No insurance of course.

Ouch.

Sorry to hear that.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'm not concerned at all about people using marijuana. I co-own a chain of pot shops.

But like Topcraft said, the road is full of drunk drivers and assumed high drivers. I will go beyond that and say that I notice people smoking or vaping cannabis products all of the time while driving.

It happens of course.

It was happening here for years before they legalized it too, I haven't noticed a difference since is all I mean.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

you uber-herb?

I do not use cannabis products because my employer frowns on the use. I do plan on becoming a major pothead when I retire.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

you uber-herb?

I do not use cannabis products because my employer frowns on the use. I do plan on becoming a major pothead when I retire.

Now that's the spirit!

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

s

Synchronicity you said that. Just had an elderly man crash into my parked car, totally hammered on his meds and vodka.

Ouch.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm not happy it happened to me; just glad he didn't kill some kid on their way to school.

I'm a 420 fan and drink but never drive now. I got a DUI once and blessed it got tossed out of court because the arresting officer didn't show up.
edit on 21-10-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

It happens of course.

It was happening here for years before they legalized it too, I haven't noticed a difference since is all I mean.

I do understand that people have been smoking pot and driving for quite some time. At the same time, I know of many people who did not start using it until it became legal.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   

It happens of course.

I do understand that people have been smoking pot and driving for quite some time. At the same time, I know of many people who did not start using it until it became legal.

Me too. That's a given.

Are you saying they can't buy at your dispensary, smoke one in the car and then drive away, just like at a gas station?

Same thing, no?

People who are irresponsible, will be irresponsible at your dispensary OR the gas station OR if it's illegal, their dealers. They don't care.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Recreational is legal in stores here in Michigan and across in Windsor Canada...just be 21.

I understand Taco Bell will be a distributor at 10 tests sites.

It turned out good. None...zero of expected issues. Making $$$$$$$$$$ in tax for us.
edit on 10220531America/ChicagoFri, 21 Oct 2022 18:51:05 -050051202200000005 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   

It happens of course.

Me too. That's a given.

Are you saying they can't buy at your dispensary, smoke one in the car and then drive away, just like at a gas station?

Same thing, no?

People who are irresponsible, will be irresponsible at your dispensary OR the gas station OR if it's illegal, their dealers. They don't care.

I'm only thinking that being able to buy it at every gas station will make it more convenient.

I'll be honest and say that most potheads seem to be decent drivers in my opinion. The connection I made is that it could increase the number of people getting pulled over for driving high. I don't think they care about how well you were driving.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

It happens of course.

Me too. That's a given.

Same thing, no?

I'm only thinking that being able to buy it at every gas station will make it more convenient.

I'll be honest and say that most potheads seem to be decent drivers in my opinion. The connection I made is that it could increase the number of people getting pulled over for driving high. I don't think they care about how well you were driving.

You're right, they don't care how well you are driving, but they do need probable cause to pull you over.

I'm just stating our experience where I live.

It's been a small boon to the economy with very little issues.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
There isnt much of an issue nor anyone really looking for stoned drivers here in vegas. Its not issues to smoke in public 99% of the time and most places I got indoors I can smoke concentrates in a vape without issue. If as I assume has always been the case...tons of people smoke and drive...there has been no noticible difference in crimes or accidents attributed to such here.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   
One would have to assume anyone driving from a pharmacy must be equal or greater risk as you perceive here.

The same exact logic is required even if you can’t apply it.

a reply to: tamusan

edit on 21-10-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join