It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 30 cars get a flat tire at the same time in California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
www.motor1.com...

Apparently, it would be a flat tire for over 30 commuters on a California highway – all at the same time.

It is being investigated and they don’t think it is intentional but others aren’t so sure.
I wonder if a local tire company, or tow truck company needs some business.
Maybe just a disgruntled person. Who knows, but that sure seems like a lot of cars at one time.

I think about people that are really struggling and how something as little as a new tire can set them back.
Scary times.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The conspiracy side of this..

What if someone is trying to figure out how to disable a large amount of cars in a short time….

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Damn it! If this all happened at the exact same time then it must be the aliens stealing the air out of our tyres!

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A box of nails, Im surprised it doesnt happen often what with so many people out there on the road

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Was it all gas powered vehicles?
Cali revoking the tire pressure to push electrics.....😂

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

My guess some 'green agenda' activists. California after all

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
They built an asphalt road here once using re-grinds from the asphalt plant.
Re-grinds are chunks of old torn up asphalt and even shingles heated up and ground up to recycle and use on roads.
Long story short, the shingles had roofing nails in them and popped out of the road causing massive amounts of flat tires before they caught the problem.
Maybe it's the same situation here.
edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: corr

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Don't make a big deal out of this, the tyres were only flat on the bottom.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The other thing that it got me thinking. How many people under 40 really know how to change a tire these days?

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Saw an incident where a delivery truck lost a crate of nails onto a busy road outside a construction site. Literally a hundred flat tires.

30 flats is a bit eyebrow raising, but in rush hour that’s probably a few moments of traffic. Though as JAG pointed out wonder how many folks can’t afford a tire repair today.
edit on 20-10-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
They built an asphalt road here once using re-grinds from the asphalt plant.
Re-grinds are chunks of old torn up asphalt and even shingles heated up and ground up to recycle and use on roads.
Long story short, the shingles had roofing nails in them and popped out of the road causing massive amounts of flat tires before they caught the problem.
Maybe it's the same situation here.

I experimented with recycled rubber mulch in a small area of the garden. Worst stuff I've ever used.
It had sharp pieces of metal, it smelled horrible too. I can easily imagine what you said happening.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Some inconsiderate jackass left his box of nails unsecured.

36 cars with at least one tire flat on each, at an average cost of $200 per tire (at least $7200 total). All because of some lazy idiot.

There was an asshole last year that dropped a five gallon bucket of light grey latex paint on the main road where I live. One of my tour guides was out in one of my black vehicles and drove right through it when it was wet. Splattered paint down the whole side of the car. Took me 8 hours to get the crap off, and it still wasn’t entirely off after all that.

Anything hazardous that’s dropped out of a vehicle because of sheer incompetence should merit a very hefty fine.
edit on 20-10-2022 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
The other thing that it got me thinking. How many people under 40 really know how to change a tire these days?

Most of them I think. They text Mummy or Daddy to sort it for them because they're special.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

There was an asshole last year that dropped a five gallon bucket of light grey latex paint on the main road where I live. One of my tour guides was out in one of my black vehicles and drove right through it when it was wet. Splattered paint down the whole side of the car. Took me 8 hours to get the crap off, and it still wasn’t entirely off after all that.

Story time!
I was working at this mega corporation in a group that I despised. I was the bosses favorite and they saw me climbing the ladder. Anyway, I was getting ready for a much anticipated vacation. Someone, put a nail in my tire, which went flat as I was leaving for lunch. Instead of coming back into work I get my tired fixed and just took the rest of the day off and declared an early vacation. Joke was on them!!

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Those cars are killing Mother Earth! How dare they drive?! We're dying! Literally like dying!!!!!

Can you guess another possi ility?

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Bluntone22

You don't change tires in cars anymore.

To save weight, and thus attempt to increase fuel mileage, cars often no longer come equipped with spare tires; even the ridiculous "donut" spares they once had have been eliminated.

Many of the newer cars now come equipped with a "temporary inflation" kit: a can of flat-fix sealant.

My 2018 car has aftermarket alloy wheels. I actually had to buy a fifth wheel and tire to be able to change my tire should I suffer a puncture too severe to fix with the OEM kit.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Some tire sizes were pretty hard to come by for awhile. I wonder if it’s gotten any better? And that many people needing them at the same time. Not good odds! Plus, if you had more than one flat tire, you aren’t going to be going anywhere, even if you do know how to change them!

I wonder how many people regularly check their spares too?! A few people could be in for a bad surprise! And how many don’t have tow coverage? Could get really pricey!

That could have caused some bad accidents. I hope that they are able to find out who’s responsible. Especially if it was deliberate. So many people are struggling as it is, without something like this to set them back!

WOQ

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

were they vaccinated?

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Unfortunately, #heads dumping nails on a road, intentionally or not, is nothing new.

It's happened a couple times this year already even.

Dozens of tires replaced in days as nails litter highway in Moncks Corner 20 April 2022

Suspect throws roofing nails onto Snowville Road: Brecksville Police Blotter 18 Oct 2022

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
When I was in high school, it was tradition that seniors pull off some sort of off the wall prank. One year they covered the entire teacher parking lot with nails. Probably 20 or so flat tires....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join