It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damaged Cable Leaves Shetland Cut Off From Mainland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Is this perhaps done by foreign state actor hmm

Damaged cable leaves Shetland cut off from mainland

Police have declared a major incident after the south subsea cable between the islands and the mainland was cut. The force said phones, internet and computers were not usable and that officers were patrolling to try to reassure residents. Repairs to another cable connecting Shetland and Faroe are ongoing after it was damaged last week. MP for Orkney and Shetlands Alastair Carmichael told the BBC he had raised the issue with the UK government, but understood it could be days before communications were restored. He said the priority was fixing the issue but that resilience would also need to be looked at in future.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Bad news.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I’ve have a few pals working on the site and it was an accident made by one of the contractors, so not done by a foreign state actor .

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Scotchjimmy

That`s very good news
It would be terrible to have another sabotage again .

Thanks for letting us know.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scotchjimmy
I’ve have a few pals working on the site and it was an accident made by one of the contractors, so not done by a foreign state actor .

I was going to suggest it was probably some idiot dredge trawling in the area before I read that but am happy to accept your explanation and inside knowledge of the matter.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
its just like i thought, russia attacked the nordstream pipeline to manufacture a justification to start attacking NATO pipelines, this being the first target because its abundant gas and oil, won't be surprised if they cut off communications in preparation to invade the island or destroy gas and oil infrastructure on and around the island with minimal resistance.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
In an interesting turn of events a Russian research ship has also been sighted in the area apparently checking out the island?

Though in all likelihood this has nothing to do with the cable, still namehere has made a very fascinating and intriguing point.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join