It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful short animated video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   
To me it embodies everything that we see around us. The corrupt greedy 'elites' devouring/destroying everything for their own gain, oblivious to the destruction they're causing by their blind greed.
The cats are us the people . Divided at first , and united when it came to life vs death.
We conquer them because we outnumber them by billions.
Reminds me of a meme I saw . Many small fish scattering from the shark, until the small fish united to form a bigger 'shark' shape that devoured the shark

The cycle continues in the end after civilization collapses, though the 'hotel' (society? ) is build on a crumbling cliff , it's obviously not sustainable .

edit on 20-10-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This story has been told many times.

We didn't take notice of Animal Farm by Orwell because it was about communism and that wasn't us.

Only the players change. The story is as old as the hills.

When will we figure it out.

I have.

P

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
To me it embodies everything that we see around us. The corrupt greedy 'elites' devouring/destroying everything for their own gain, oblivious to the destruction they're causing by their blind greed.
The cats are us the people . Divided at first , and united when it came to life vs death.
We conquer them because we outnumber them by billions.
Reminds me of a meme I saw . Many small fish scattering from the shark, until the small fish united to form a bigger 'shark' shape that devoured the shark

The cycle continues in the end after civilization collapses, though the 'hotel' (society? ) is build on a crumbling cliff , it's obviously not sustainable .

Such a cool video, no doubt he lived some of them with his Grecian heritage not too long ago, when Greece went bankrupt and was bailed out by the EU.

and yes this has a tendency to cycle through over and over and from country to country. I used to think those ways were in on the way out, but now I'm not so sure.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

The most intriguing character is the guy operating the machine, he kills the mob that does away with the oligarchy. He makes sure the cycle goes on. So who is he representing? the working force, the servants, those that lose their jobs, those that want the old back?

You see those that rebel and do something about it, are the useless eaters, those at the very bottom of society, living of the scraps the rich leave. You notice the servant never feeds the cats unless by accident, he has no compassion for the "scum" of society.

Many actually fall into his archetype. The middle class makes sure those with noting to lose will not step up, until their job is gone.
Then knowing full well what they are complicit off, they hide. lucky them they weren't in the limelight, so no one is looking for them.
After that they crawl out and get the only thing they know going again.
edit on 20-10-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

The most intriguing character is the guy operating the machine, he kills the mob that does away with the oligarchy. He makes sure the cycle goes on. So who is he representing? the working force, the servants, those that lose their jobs, those that want the old back?

You see those that rebel and do something about it, are the useless eaters, those at the very bottom of society, living of the scraps the rich leave. You notice the servant never feeds the cats unless by accident, he has no compassion for the "scum" of society.

Many actually fall into his archetype. The middle class makes sure those with noting to lose will not step up, until their job is gone.
Then knowing full well what they are complicit off, they hide. lucky them they weren't in the limelight, so no one is looking for them.
After that they crawl out and get the only thing they know going again.

Good analysis, I was wondering about the role of that character to but you nailed it. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Can see how that fits.
We can't really see what's in-it for him, but he survives, he appears well-fed,
and seems pleased to pull the little kittens from the belly of the dead tiger, after he killed it.

Perhaps he is just pretending to be their friend, because he knows he needs them for the takedown when the cycle reaches the point of apparently diminished resources ?

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The symbolic portrayal of the oligarchic ''eating'' pigs is clear, and the emaciated starving ''cats as being the rest of us is as well. There was also the symbolic chains beneath the table binding the ''pigs'' to their own form of slavery, senselessly eating and consuming. That was well noted by the creator of the film and should not be missed in the overall message.

The servant character I saw as, it's more difficult to define, the cyclic nature of the rise and fall of human or actually any species that overly dominates it's environment, devouring it's support environment as symbolized by the consumption of the entire room of the building.

And the sense that once the cats become the ''united cat'' that feasts upon the bloated flesh of mindless abundance and then going to sleep only to be once again set on the path that is the same path, the old path of consumption in the next room, the next environment by the ''servant'' is also well to be noted.

There is no happy ending here. There is no ''conscious'' behavior, just mindless, soul-less following of genetic dictates. IT is what it is.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Perhaps he is just pretending to be their friend...

Nowhere do I see an indication of him being their friend, or even pretending.

You see how scared he is. He did not expect that coming.
It's those that love the apparent stability the current system is giving them, anything out of the ordinary scares them certainly uncertain times.

I'm thinking what many fail to see is the modern western world makes up a rather insignificant minority, the majority of earth population is much poorer than what we consider poor.
The poor guy in Europe or the states is actually still the well fed servant of global dominion.
This game is now being played on a global stage and the nation's are just barriers to keep the cats away from the servants.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It's when cookie pulls the kittens out of the slayed revolutionary beast, and gives them a cute little rub, then carries them to the next room, or nation, or field to be exploited, and gently releases them.

Am thinking cookie represents the unthinking system, which keeps all of the gears turning.

Perhaps it is the ideologies, behind War™, Capitalism™, Religion™, Materialism™, The-Patriarchy™ that is/are above/beyond the individual columns of each of those, as represented by the pigs ?

The chains are like some invisible control mechanism, that traps the pigs in their place, despite we seeing them deliberately take their place in the second room/nation/area/field.

There is no escaping the chains, as the curious cat learned to his demise.

In the new room : they open-up what looks like a ballot-box, that gives them their supposedly proper eating tools, yet at the end of the first room, when things became scarce, they abandoned their utensils (manners/masks/disguises), and were just grabbing the morsels bare-fisted.

The weather is stormy, and the damaged hotel sits on a crumbling cliff, but there is plenty more to be devoured.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Can see how that fits.
We can't really see what's in-it for him, but he survives, he appears well-fed,
and seems pleased to pull the little kittens from the belly of the dead tiger, after he killed it.

Perhaps he is just pretending to be their friend, because he knows he needs them for the takedown when the cycle reaches the point of apparently diminished resources ?

He could represent the corrupt that appear to be on 'our side'.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm thinking the day the cats revolt they will decide what side you're on, not you.

This the way of the catlorians

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

He's an opportunist and ceases the chance to secure his position in the next cycle...
He makes no attempt at changing things, he wants the old normal back.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Nicely said.

As for the servant, I suspect it is the same role that Samuel Jackson portrayed in Django.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing, that was brilliant to watch.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I think Django was Tarantino at his best and Jackson fleshing out a role that we might suspect was rather distasteful to him was one of his finest characters as well. I think that even for Tarantino fans it might have been too intense as the topics cut a little to close to home for many of us.

I see the Jackson role as a specific example of the nature of that servant role in this flick. Mindless cranking of the biological nature of our human struggle to survive.

Thanks for noting that Bones.

new topics

top topics

join