It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Brains Use Quantum Computation, Reveals New Study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
A HUGE BLOW TO MATERIALISM!

There's a reason materialist and atheist want to keep quantum mechanics away from consciousness. This is because quantum information can't be destroyed. This is the debate around the black hole information paradox between people like Susskind and Hawking. Hawking said information was lost when it fell into a black hole and Susskind and others said that would violate quantum mechanics. Hawking eventually agreed with them.

So, if your thoughts and memories, your consciousness was connected to quantum mechanics then you could be eternal because quantum information can't be destroyed.

The atheist and materialist want to keep you trapped in Plato's cave of 3 dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time. They can't see anything outside of themselves. They reduce all existence to the material when there's no evidence that the material is not derivative of the non physical. I recently did a thread on this:

What's the origin of the physical universe?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's some of the article:

Our Brains Use Quantum Computation, Reveals New Study

Scientists from Trinity College Dublin believe our brains could use quantum computation after adapting an idea developed to prove the existence of quantum gravity to explore the human brain and its workings.

The brain functions measured were also correlated to short-term memory performance and conscious awareness, suggesting quantum processes are also part of cognitive and conscious brain functions.

www.psychreg.org...

Materialist will declare,"Quantum mechanics has nothing to do with consciousness."

You then ask them,"What is consciousness?"

They will then say,"We don't know what consciousness is."

You then respond,"Well if you don't know what consciousness is, how do you know it has nothing to do with quantum mechanics?"

This is the problem with being stuck in Plato's Cave. There's no other worlds, life, intelligence, knowledge or existence outside of the bubble of 3 dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time. Materialist and atheist can't see past the nose on their face. That's a small way to see such a vast universe. They reduce everything to this 3rd rock from the sun.

We know through the growing field of quantum biology that quantum mechanics can be seen in macroscopic places that were thought to be to noisy to sustain these quantum effects.

Imagine this scenario:

For years, materialist denied the near death experience but now they're admitting the life review and more may happen at death.

Brain Scans of Dying Man Suggest Life Flashes Before Our Eyes Upon Death

An elderly epilepsy patient unexpectedly died during a brain scan, revealing bursts of activity associated with memory recall, meditation, and dreaming

For roughly 30 seconds before and after the man's heart stopped beating, the scans showed increased acitivy in parts of the brain associated with memory recall, meditation, and dreaming. Different types of neural oscillations, also called brain waves, are involved in different brain functions. Researchers recorded both high-frequency gamma oscillations as well as slower-frequency theta, delta, alpha, and beta oscillations. Scientists say they were particularly intrigued by the presence of gamma waves, which suggest the man’s brain may have been replaying memories from throughout his life.

“Through generating oscillations involved in memory retrieval, the brain may be playing a last recall of important life events just before we die, similar to the ones reported in near-death experiences,” Zemmar says in a news release. And the patient's brain activity didn’t immediately stop when he was declared dead. "Surprisingly, after the heart stops pumping blood into the brain, these oscillations keep going," he tells Insider. "So that was extremely surprising for us to see."

www.smithsonianmag.com...

You also had a study in rat brains that show this burst of activity near death.

Surge of neurophysiological coherence and connectivity in the dying brain

High-frequency neurophysiological activity in the near-death state exceeded levels found during the conscious waking state. These data demonstrate that the mammalian brain can, albeit paradoxically, generate neural correlates of heightened conscious processing at near-death.

www.pnas.org...

So if your consciousness is connected to quantum information, the burst of energy near and after death could realease this quantum information and you could exist at Planck scales throughout space. People who have near death experiences also say they become more aware as they leave the body. This makes sense if their quantum consciousness is no longer locally connected to your body.

This also matches the Bible. The Bible says the Resurrected body is a spiritual body and at the Resurrection, your quantum information that contains your consciousness could be transferred to your new body.

This quantum information would be separate from the spiritual or could be contained within the spiritual.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if we are "just" a creation of a quantum computer in another dimension.
Or a giant robotic brain created by our ancestors to simulate life as it ounce was.
Either way, this is our life and no matter what it is, having fun and enjoying it is the important thing.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

So, if your thoughts and memories, your consciousness was connected to quantum mechanics then you could be eternal because quantum information can't be destroyed.

It's true in a way. All electrical impulses in the brain do arise from quantum mechanical effects. The electron itself is a fundamentally quantum object with a dual wave/particle nature.

The so-called "collapse of the wave function" that leads to a manifestation of reality is poorly understood, poorly explained, and not entirely deterministic.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics together with Landauer's Principle ensures that the destruction of information, i.e., entropy, at the quantum level is theoretically impossible. The Second Law of Thermodynamics was discovered in 1824 by Nicolas Léonard Sadi Carnot, restated and further expounded in 1850 by Rudolf Clausius, and justified mathematically by the Fluctuation Theorem discovered by Denis Evans, E.G.D. Cohen and Gary Morriss in 1993.

Boltzmann's Constant k_B is the fundamental universal constant equivalence factor (equal the ratio of the ideal gas constant R to Avogadro's Number N_A) which yields a true information content from a ratio of energy to temperature.

1 bit of information = k_B * ln 2
edit on 19-10-2022 by justinacolmena because: stupidware = bad spelling errors due to malicious autocorrect on post

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Quantum mechanic, well that is certainly a new one, I never heard of that. But I am open minded on this.

I certainly do believe that the soul survives after the death of the body. But my own reasoning came from the fact that every time we have a thought, or want to move a part of the body, the brain lights up with electrical impulses. The law of conservation, in science also states that energy/electricity cannot be destroyed, it can only be changed. So I reasoned if electricity cannot be destroyed, and our thoughts are engulfed in a flurry of electrical activity, then we are, at our core, electrical beings, and only temporarily borrowing a human body.

But quantum mechanics never crossed my mind in any of this. Still, who knows.
edit on 19-10-2022 by StarsInDust because: Just because

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: StarsInDust
I certainly do believe that the soul survives after the death of the body. ... we are, at our core, ... only temporarily borrowing a human body.

This much is indisputable. The details are highly speculative.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I watched this just the other day.

I've followed Issac Arthur for a while now but have been really binging on his channel lately.

I've been an atheist for as long as I've had the ability to make decisions but just these past few days I'm starting to think otherwise after watching all these videos.

We could be in an ancestor simulation but I'm more inclined to think that "God" the creator as it were is something more like a Boltzmann brain.

a reply to: Spacespider

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Here you are, once again, desperately fishing for validation. You don't offer spirituality, you regurgitate dogma.

The disclaimer on the psychreg.org website reads:

Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only. Materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, medical treatment, or therapy. Always seek the advice of your physician or qualified mental health provider with any questions you may have regarding any mental health symptom or medical condition. Never disregard professional psychological or medical advice nor delay in seeking professional advice or treatment because of something you have read on this website.

All posts and information shared here are totally individual opinions and no any intention to harm or mislead any individual.

Psychreg aims to promote interest among individuals who are involved in studying human behaviour and the mind. This website makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this website or found by following any links from here. Psychreg will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information, nor for the availability of this information. Psychreg will not be liable for any losses, injuries or damages resulting from the display or use of this information.

In other words, hypothesis and conjecture.

So if your consciousness is connected to quantum information, the burst of energy near and after death could realease this quantum information and you could exist at Planck scales throughout space

More hypothesis and conjecture.

To be utterly transparent here, I absolutely respect the fields of quantum computation and neurochemical studies. What I don't respect is "borrowing" their research to push a completely unrelated agenda. It's lazy and dishonest and opportunist.

edit on 19-10-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

There's a reason materialist and atheist want to keep quantum mechanics away from consciousness.

I'm atheist.

Why would I not think / believe in an energy consciousness?

Really annoying when non-atheists attempt to tell atheists what they think and believe.

Atheist means one thing and one thing only: Lack of belief in a god.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If you use the double slit process in your thinking, does this mean you get 2 for 1 or BOGO.

And once completed you can store your 2x thoughts in a diffraction envelope to save them for when you really need them; like when you croak and come face to face with the intangible meta.

www.physicsforums.com...
edit on 19-10-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You can't be serious. That has nothing to do with the science or the published paper going over the research. The same info is in several places:

New research suggests our brains use quantum computation
phys.org...

Our brains use quantum computation
www.sciencedaily.com...

Our brains use quantum computation – new research
www.newswise.com...

You do realize that psychreg didn't do the research or publish the research LOL. You can't be serious. They just reprinted an article about the research. For instance:

Dr Christian Kerskens, lead physicist at the Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience (TCIN), is the co-author of the research article that has just been published in the Journal of Physics Communications.
www.sciencedaily.com...

The place publishing the article didn't do the research or write the paper. Why do I have to explain something so silly to you?You must really be threatened by my threads because you show up with the same nonsensical posts that have nothing to do with the thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

You can't be serious. That has nothing to do with the science or the published paper going over the research. The same info is in several places:

New research suggests our brains use quantum computation
phys.org...

Our brains use quantum computation
www.sciencedaily.com...

Our brains use quantum computation – new research
www.newswise.com...

You do realize that psychreg didn't do the research or publish the research LOL. You can't be serious. They just reprinted an article about the research. For instance:

Dr Christian Kerskens, lead physicist at the Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience (TCIN), is the co-author of the research article that has just been published in the Journal of Physics Communications.
www.sciencedaily.com...

The place publishing the article didn't do the research or write the paper. Why do I have to explain something so silly to you?You must really be threatened by my threads because you show up with the same nonsensical posts that have nothing to do with the thread.

It's a fascinating study, and I mean that. But not once is the concept of a "soul" mentioned, that's where the dogma factors in which only burdens the dignity and mystery of quantum mechanics with weird philosophical implications.

edit on 19-10-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I watched this just the other day.

I've followed Issac Arthur for a while now but have been really binging on his channel lately.

I've been an atheist for as long as I've had the ability to make decisions but just these past few days I'm starting to think otherwise after watching all these videos.

We could be in an ancestor simulation but I'm more inclined to think that "God" the creator as it were is something more like a Boltzmann brain.

a reply to: Spacespider

I'm glad you're moving towards a Creator. Check out some of my other threads if you get the time.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Another great post highlighting what it looks like when someone doesn't understand what they're reading and fills in the comprehension gaps with personal beliefs.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2
Another great post highlighting what it looks like when someone doesn't understand what they're reading and fills in the comprehension gaps with personal beliefs.

Right!?

Everything with this poster is "How do I warp this entirely to insert my positive affirmation of God's existence."

Divine matrix has this dude.

If it breaks the known laws of physics it proves god. Mucked up tachyons fairly pseudointellectually too.

Science has pretty much proven the Higgs Field (a massless field) exists, and tachyonic condensation is real. No FTL particles though.

Instead of faster-than-light particles, the imaginary mass creates an instability: Any configuration in which one or more field excitations are tachyonic must spontaneously decay, and the resulting configuration contains no physical tachyons. This process is known as tachyon condensation, and is now believed to be the explanation for how the Higgs mechanism itself arises in nature

And to create a Higgs Boson to measure means your particle collision technically played god. And the way all matter created in the universe is no longer a mystery and has been replicated by humans in lab conditions.

All that's left is the tensor boson. Don't think we can make an accelerator big enough for that one though.

But now I'm drifting.

And the things the poster digs up to try to shoehorn in theology are always interesting, this one is no exception.
edit on 19-10-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I'm actually planning on moving over to that field. Maybe one day in the future I'll be able to help with that breakthrough if it hasn't already been figured out by then.

I'm more interested in working with larger things than particles, but one has to come before the other.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Hawking said information was lost when it fell into a black hole and Susskind and others said that would violate quantum mechanics. Hawking eventually agreed with them.

So you think if you threw a person into a black hole they would stay conscious? Yes, the quantum information which made up their person would still exist, but it's not in the same arrangement or same physical state. I've always believed the human brain probably exploits quantum mechanics to help our brain deal with massive amounts of information, but I don't see how that would make our brain eternal. Just like if you smash a quantum computer it stops working, it wont go on existing in the ether realm simply because it made use of quantum mechanics.
edit on 20/10/2022 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
So you think if you threw a person into a black hole they would stay conscious?

Theoretically there's an "event horizon," or a point of no return, but you won't lose consciousness or be conscious of exactly when or where that is.

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
True growth only comes through having your ideas challenged.

Yeah. Like you've got to pull your hair back real hard in a ponytail or it doesn't really grow.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I am not surprised and am on board with most of this.
Except the Bible bit.

Our brains using quantum mechanics does NOT equal God. Or any of the the other 3000 gods.

More likely to = a type 4, 5, or 6 civilization, or any advanced civilization/hive mind.

Gods are what man have invented to explain what they don't understand.
edit on 20-10-2022 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Makes me wonder if we are "just" a creation of a quantum computer in another dimension.
Or a giant robotic brain created by our ancestors to simulate life as it ounce was.
Either way, this is our life and no matter what it is, having fun and enjoying it is the important thing.

Me thinks your not far from the ultimate truth. Given the amount of time that has passed since the formation of what we comprehend to be the known universe, virtually anything is possible. Personally I believe technology to be at least billions of years old so it would not be a surprise to me to find out our reality is a fabricated joy ride in a amusement park somewhere. Except, the management of this ride went to the dark side......

new topics

top topics

join