It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radicalized by Online Hate; Lawmakers Target Online Forums After Buffalo Massacre

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
People being murdered in the streets. People being murdered in the subway. People being murdered in fast food joints. Smash and grabs devastating businesses. A skyrocketing opioid crisis.

But yeah, NY needs to crack down on websites.

But...but.... tranny fweelings are much more important than mere murder.....

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2
Sounds like you didn't enjoy your time on the chans, what a shame. Much to be learned there when you developed the ability to weed out the bots and agents. Others must see something good in it because that's where whistle-blowers like to go. That's not a bad thing, is it, the whistle-blowers?

The sites aren't the problem, the problem is the agents that groom shooters on these sites (chans,discord,telegram, etc.). I remember hearing and reading the feds were watching the Parkland shooter with his lengthy criminal record as well as the Buffalo shooter, they monitored him on discord. There aren't enough real White supremacists out there like we're told (biggest threat to the USA is White supremacy 🙄) so the agents need to groom them, encourage them, entice them, etc. These people are sick.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
a reply to: zosimov

Targets:

Deplorables
Small Fringe Minority (that is actually a majority)

Hmm

Russia is far right ?
China is far left woke ?

Trump is far right
Biden is far left

Hmmm

Hmmm

At least try to understand when you’re being manipulated for
A global War

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kimish

No thanks. I'm not wasting my time weeding through all the BS on the different chans just to get a few nuggets of gold.

Discord/Telegram is better imo I don't see anything on chans that I don't see in certain discord/telegram chatrooms.

Every chan, and I mean every chan is nothing but tards saying random # just to piss each other off and autofellate themselves.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Thanks for adding to the discussion, ats!

Anyone who has studied history knows that it doesn't take the internet to radicalize people into hateful and murderous acts.
The Cheka of Bolshevik Russia perfected a way to skin a person's hand using a comb without planning help from 4chan. The Indonesian radicals in 65-66 had no online motivation for their bloody purges. Chivington and his bloodless third attacked and mutilated Arapahoe and Cheyenne women and children all on their own--no social media radicalization needed. Liberian General Butt Naked killed and cannibalized his opponents (and not necessarily in that order) on his own volition.

The more access to freely shared information, the more likely people are to have more open, rational minds and be aware of the corruption of those who have enough reach to affect others in situations such as those above.

Keep speech free and all information readily available! They start with the crazy gunmen, but where would they draw the line? We already know because we've seen it play out over the past few years and it's as dystopian as it gets.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NAFOTroll

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Targets:

Deplorables
Small Fringe Minority (that is actually a majority)

Hmm

Russia is far right ?
China is far left woke ?

Trump is far right
Biden is far left

Hmmm

Hmmm

At least try to understand when you’re being manipulated for
A global War

Doesn't matter wtf the label is. The same results will be had.

I'm not being manipulated, I'm trying to warn about the manipulation.

Big Difference.

Maybe it's time for war, just not the one they want.

edit on 10/19/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Another thing I noticed regarding that older ats thread I linked and this one is that the responses in this are divided by political beliefs, whereas every member, right or left leaning, in that previous thread condemned the idea of limiting free speech and "combating disinformation".

We've seen the leftist shift toward authoritarianism unfold before our very eyes; only took 10 years or so to accomplish.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: loufo

It's a mistake to think this only happens on the right. Left leaning crazies pick up their own brand and go off too. Look at the guy who nearly murdered Steve Scalise. He isn't the only example, just the most blatant.

far left, far right, islamists, christian extremists etc... hate speech is hate speech.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I blame society.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NAFOTroll

China isn't on woke bs.

They fund it here though.

But when movies are sent to China they scrub out all the gay crap they force into our versions.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Another thing I noticed regarding that older ats thread I linked and this one is that the responses in this are divided by political beliefs, whereas every member, right or left leaning, in that previous thread condemned the idea of limiting free speech and "combating disinformation".

We've seen the leftist shift toward authoritarianism unfold before our very eyes; only took 10 years or so to accomplish.

'I may not agree with what you say, but I'll go to my death defending your right to say it' 👈 Requires honourable men and women with morals and ethics and fortitude to stick to their guns and follow the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

People like that are getting rarer and rarer.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NAFOTroll

If you think Biden is far left you have believed some misinformation and lies. The US government and the two major parties here are both authoritarian right wing. If one is to use the BS political spectrum.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

There are multiple ideologies within the leftist groups. There are those who support nationalism and government/state to control everything like in China and many European countries, and those who want the least amount of government or none at all.

It's the same in the right wing groups. Those who support nationalism and the state/government, and those who don't.

The difference between the two is that many of the people on the right are confused about their ideologies and support many of the ideologies the left does, but hate being associated with leftist labels.

That's part a problem with these labels. It prevents people from coming together and working together to minimize or dismantle tyrannical authoritarian governments.

That's an oversimplification, but I believe it gets my point across.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

I can get behind what you're saying intellectually, but in all practicality we have a self-identifying left which has infiltrated the highest levels of the government and which has constituents who parrot, defend, and enforce authoritarian, draconian enslavement to "the man." These are the same ones who want daddy government to tell them what's safe, what they can do, what they can say/read, what to wear and whether it's okay to work or give grandma a hug

I'm a classic liberal but definitions change over time.

edit on 21-10-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: loufo
a reply to: ketsuko
far left, far right, islamists, christian extremists etc... hate speech is hate speech.

Sticks and stones...

Speech, regardless of what kind it is, doesn't hurt anyone.

As has been said repeatedly, I may 'hate' (pun intended) what you are saying, but I - and everyone who truly believes in and understands the 1st Amendments true purpose - will defend to the death your Right to say it.
edit on 21-10-2022 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   
He wasn't radicalized by a website. He was already a #ty human being. That's why he sought out such company in the first place. To find the company of scum like himself. It didn't make him like that. If he didn't have the internet, he'd have found other means or sources for his BS.

For every website they try to destroy, 3 more will pop up in its place. It's a game of whack-a-mole they will never win.

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

This is how these lawmakers so called go after speech.
These same lawmakers never blame their polices or the way current society is towards some people currently.

These law markers also live in gated communities and usual dont even use internet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join