It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The advantage of men in women's sports - a resolution?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Just eliminate the gender divided sports.
No more mens and womens basketball…. Just basketball..

Problem solved

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Just eliminate the gender divided sports.
No more mens and womens basketball…. Just basketball..

Problem solved

Perfect...

but not just basketball though, MMA, wrestling, water polo, and rugby. Could put some new life back in ESPN.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I meant every sport.
College anyway..
Pro sports can do what they want since they make their own league rules.

ESPN can go away too

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alfred22

Allowing a trans athelete to compete in high school sports often means the world to them.

At the expense of biological women's opportunities for scholarships, and later the opportunity for sponsorships. That's hideous in my view.

I think there is an overreaction against trans atheletes, like they are taking over sports and dominating everyone. Which is not the case.

The overreaction is deciding they should compete against biological women at all.

Sorry you think life handed you the wrong body, but I could cite a dozen analogies where we don't bend the rules to enable some people to compete in certain situations...and with good reason. Why do you think we segregate many sports on the basis of sex, age and weight?

edit on 18-10-2022 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: loam

So, how to make it fair for the women who just want a chance to compete against other women?

That's the point. We already do.

Where we differ is you think trans women are the same as biological women. They are indisputably NOT the same.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

So, if a man wants to compete against women lets give the women webbed gloves and short flippers, the size of which are properly calculated only to account for the physiological advantage of the male competitor. That way neither has an advantage over the other.

That would help but then you have to also account for the disproportional strength, the flood of testosterone, hunter instinct, stamina, lung capacity and a host of other variables that add up to impossible to keep track of and even more impossible to account for and build devices that could compensate for them.

He should not be allowed to flaunt a natural advantage by competing outside of his own gender in a sport where he excels.

I agree with this. I'd like to add though that many males can compete and win against females in major events even in sports where they don't excel, as per your swimming example that many of us are thinking of.

I think the best solution, at least until we can accurately account for the differences between male and female technologically (perhaps 100 years from now) is to do what your first respondent suggested. Let males vs males and females vs female. However I would like to offer an alternative. Maybe we can create a third category to make it male, female and trans-male/trans-female.

Allow the trans compete amongst themselves. Somehow I feel the word "trans" is going to be considered a derogatory term in a few years 🙄

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Alfred22

Allowing one to compete at the high school level can mean other athletes losing out on scholarships, and with the cost of college today, that is no small thing. I went to college because I was an athlete and earned that scholarship. Had a transperson been competing, I might not have gotten that opportunity.

And it's likely pretty heartbreaking to girls who have put their all into it and are technically the best female, just got bumped by a biological male.

There's a picture of three women swimmers on the olympic podium and the looks on the two genuine females as the gold goes to an enormous beast of a trans "woman" says it all. They look angry and heartbroken. Why will young girls even bother to compete in the future when they see that?

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

There's a picture of three women swimmers on the olympic podium and the looks on the two genuine females as the gold goes to an enormous beast of a trans "woman" says it all. They look angry and heartbroken. Why will young girls even bother to compete in the future when they see that?

They allow trans-"women" to compete in the Olympics? FFS!

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The women would specifically have to train with those items in order to use them properly and they would then be equipment for everyone but trans. The trans would complain of course.

The way I picture it, the women would be equipped with devices specifically sized to eliminate the proportion the male had over them. Each would be equipped against the male, who has an unfair advantage. If all the competitors are similarly equipped, naturally or artificially, then no one has an advantage.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

It does because why should all trans be discluded from all athletics if its only one or two cases of a trans "taking" a scholarship away from a non-trans student.

There should be a middle ground between trans being banned from all athletics, to allowing trans people to compete in any level of any sport.

Its not how often it happens, its that it happens at all, whether it be a scholarship or a place on the team. Remember when the fake Indian warren lied on her scholarship and said she was a Native American? What is the difference between that and a man saying he is a woman and taking a scholarship?

For the record, I am not talking about banning anyone. I just want the rules enforced equally among all competitors. If men have an edge, such as in the case I explained where typically male traits present a distinct advantage over female traits, the field needs to be leveled. That whole discussion would be pointless if the idea was to ban anyone.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

So, how to make it fair for the women who just want a chance to compete against other women?

That's the point. We already do.

Where we differ is you think trans women are the same as biological women. They are indisputably NOT the same.

I think you are off the rails here...

I mean how do we make it fair for women if we let men compete against them?

I do NOT think trans so-called women are the same as biological women. The physiological differences and a method to counter them are the premise of this thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Thanks for the input.

I know my answer is far from perfect. But, at least it provides a means of balancing measurable advantages in the form of arm/leg length, surface area of hands and feet, and anything else that can be quantified as an unfair advantage. If it can be measured, it can be accounted for.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I think the fairest is to tell people that they compete with the body they were born with, like it or not. If you were born with a male body, you compete with the men, even if you don't feel like one. If you were born with a female body, you compete with the women, even if you don't feel like one.

Any attempt to alter your naturally born body with drugs is another form of PED use and will earn you a ban, just like it would for any other athlete who uses those substances. Like it or not, they enhance your performance one way or the other, so that you are not competing with your natural body enhanced through your training efforts.

This cuts out any need for handicapping equipment to attempt to compensate.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

In a perfect world, I would agree. But it is beginning to appear that this is not going to be the case. So, how to make it fair for the women who just want a chance to compete against other women?

I guess, when we as a society are comfortable enough with our selves to accept that biological males and biological females are in fact different and that biological males have a physical advantage over a biological females in many popular sports ...

... than we can just statistical measure that difference and use it to model fair was to level the playing field. If you know by how much you could require trans women who compete in a female racing sport to wear extra weight during the match, for example.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

It does because why should all trans be discluded from all athletics if its only one or two cases of a trans "taking" a scholarship away from a non-trans student.

There should be a middle ground between trans being banned from all athletics, to allowing trans people to compete in any level of any sport.

WHY should little girls and young women in sports be required to allow trans to compete against them unfairly?

They should not be even allowed near the sport as an athlete because it is a girl's sport.... Sorry if you were born with a XY pair of chromosomes, you may not play sports as if you were born with an XX pair.

Simply, this is common sense 100%.

Mentally ill people who think they are the opposite of their DNA do not get to dictate to the sane what is fair!

Please, live in the real world.
edit on 18-10-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I always wanted to be world champion, I thought to myself, I don't have the dedication to reach that level, but now you've given me hope, it's like almond joy, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't, watch out ladies there's a new bad bitch in town and I'm kicking ass and taking name and maybe chewing some bubble gum but I ran out like 2 days ago.

So no we can't fix this system just yet, I gotta abuse it first.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The problem is that if they had their own league it would just be men in drag competing against men in drag.

As soon as the competitive advantage was gone the majority of these imposters would stop playing fools.

Despite what the media tells us true gender dysphoria is extremely rare. As with everything these days the majority of people who identify as "trans" are nothing more than attention deprived, virtue signalling, libtards or perverts.
edit on 18/10/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 01:04 AM
link   

But, at least it provides a means of balancing measurable advantages in the form of arm/leg length, surface area of hands and feet, and anything else that can be quantified as an unfair advantage

No, not "everything else". In fact many things that can be measured and or quantified cannot with today's technology be subsidized or offset.

. If it can be measured, it can be accounted for.

I agree, but not today's day and age. Like I said in my last post, perhaps this will be a possibility within about 100 years or so. Can we agree in this?

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I love where you're going with this and trying to resolve, but I'm not sure it would work.

However, if we go this route -- using props and equipment to level the playing field -- then I think it should be the males demanding "inclusion" that need to be handicapped. Not the women just playing their sport.

I expect that the final result of all this will be the establishment of mixed-sex competitions. Any man or woman, trans or not, are welcome to compete.

In the final analysis, this is basically the exact same argument as when single-sex sports and spaces were established to begin with. Congress critters weren't thinking about some subjective and intangible "identity" when these acts were passed. They were only considering sex and sex-segregated sports and spaces, and nothing has changed, the same physiological and anatomical differences still exist no matter how a man "identifies," and are still valid reasons for single-sex provisions.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think it is safe to say that in regards to government intervention as well as regulatory bodies and their function, everything was meant to design a fair playing field for all participants.
What we are witnessing is an inversion of that.
Now it is about supporting protected classes of people at the expense of all the rest of the participants and nothing about fair play.
We went from participation trophies to men being able to bash in women's heads.

originally posted by: Boadicea

I love where you're going with this and trying to resolve, but I'm not sure it would work.

However, if we go this route -- using props and equipment to level the playing field -- then I think it should be the males demanding "inclusion" that need to be handicapped. Not the women just playing their sport.

I expect that the final result of all this will be the establishment of mixed-sex competitions. Any man or woman, trans or not, are welcome to compete.

In the final analysis, this is basically the exact same argument as when single-sex sports and spaces were established to begin with. Congress critters weren't thinking about some subjective and intangible "identity" when these acts were passed. They were only considering sex and sex-segregated sports and spaces, and nothing has changed, the same physiological and anatomical differences still exist no matter how a man "identifies," and are still valid reasons for single-sex provisions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join