It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Echuca, Victoria. Flood protection is isolating homes for sacrifice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   
G’day ATS

I just watched, on channel nine news (New South Wales) a segment on how an earthwork has been constructed in the township of Echuca in the state of Victoria.

I was thinking, wouldn’t it be appropriate for, the owners of the houses that are being sacrificed by this earthwork to claim insurance now? It appears their properties fate has been sealed and I would imagine some expedient liquidity of their asset should be considered.

What do you reckon?

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

When people need to be relocated under eminent domain for a civil project of that sorts they are given a sum comparable to the value of the property they're losing. No insurance company would pay out for that, as it's a known project that the residents have been notified of.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The news reporter made it sound like an on the fly project and the peeps were just caught up as collateral damage.

a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
G’day ATS

I just watched, on channel nine news (New South Wales) a segment on how an earthwork has been constructed in the township of Echuca in the state of Victoria.

I was thinking, wouldn’t it be appropriate for, the owners of the houses that are being sacrificed by this earthwork to claim insurance now? It appears their properties fate has been sealed and I would imagine some expedient liquidity of their asset should be considered.

What do you reckon?

youtu.be...

👆🏻 Could only find this.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   
That’s one and the same
different reporter, same event. thank you for the link.

What do you think? Is there going to be some depth to the establishment response to this? (Eg. after care) or will they be like bushfire ‘victims’

a reply to: Robbo2006

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Robbo2006

Ah, yeah, that's completely different. From the information in the opening post I thought it was a dam being built and folks needing to be relocated due to the reservoir filling.

They probably can't file a claim until damage is done then, even if the property is going to be a total loss.

new topics

top topics

join