It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston University creates Covid that has 80 percent kill rate.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540
A virus like this should be named after the folks who created it. So their names can live in infamy if their monster ever gets out!

And forget mere playing with fire. This is tickling the dragon's tail with global consequences.

No dont do that. That will motivate them even more.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: butcherguy

In related news...
Keurig invented a coffee maker that explodes with the power of a tactical nuke...and Burger King introduces their new razor blade/ Ebola, Whopper.

I had to LOL at this.

I’ve had food poisoning one time in my life…. REAL food poisoning, i’m not talking about the little oh my tummy aches food poisoning. I’m talking about laying in the bathtub wondering if it is possible for your intestines to come out type of food poisoning.

It was the late 1990s. I didn’t like Burger King but my family wanted to go there. I was eating the burger thinking to myself, dang, this burger is dry. 24 hours later, I was vomiting, and in the worst gastro pain I’ve ever felt in my life.
It was so severe that to this day I still won’t step foot in that place.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The mutant variant — which is a hybrid of Omicron and the original Wuhan virus — killed 80 percent of mice infected with it at Boston University.

When a similar group of rodents were exposed to the standard Omicron strain, however, they all survived and only experienced ‘mild’ symptoms.

The scientists also infected human cells with the hybrid variant and found it was five times more infectious than Omicron.

This suggests the man-made virus might be the most contagious form yet.

[strangesounds.org... -to-have-started-pandemic-2.html]

I don't think this news comes as much of a surprise to a lot of people. It will be interesting to see how the woke folk dismiss this as a nothing burger.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The link is from the Daily Mail, but the news is out on many different sources.
Daily Mail

Boston University scientists were today condemned for 'playing with fire' after it emerged they had created a lethal new Covid strain in a laboratory. DailyMail.com revealed the team had made a hybrid virus — combining Omicron and the original Wuhan strain — that killed 80 per cent of mice in a study.

So we have a new strain available to drop before Election Day? Maybe?

The scientists are playing with fire.

Arrogant a**es. They won't be happy until they've killed us all.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Stephen King , Massachusetts , Lot 6 ...........Cowinkydink ?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

The link is from the Daily Mail, but the news is out on many different sources.
Daily Mail

Boston University scientists were today condemned for 'playing with fire' after it emerged they had created a lethal new Covid strain in a laboratory. DailyMail.com revealed the team had made a hybrid virus — combining Omicron and the original Wuhan strain — that killed 80 per cent of mice in a study.

So we have a new strain available to drop before Election Day? Maybe?

The scientists are playing with fire.

Arrogant a**es. They won't be happy until they've killed us all.

tRuST tHe SCieNCe !

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

In other words create solutions to problems they also create.

Which is the entire purpose of top level govt.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   

They are Not Done trying to Kill Us All Yet.............

tritorch.com...

veilofreality.com...

edit on 17-10-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

originally posted by: TooMuchTimeAndResearch
i hope all the people that create new virus's on purpose finally get served justice. It's absolutely insane to think that these people dont get the death penalty for being a massive threat to the entire world. What is the benefit of creating disease? NONE!

It's so they can create a vaccine for it. In other words create solutions to problems they also create.

Does the forum need to be reminded that mankind has never created a vaccine for ANY strain of Corona?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Thank God, I can't stand mice.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I’ve been hearing lately about “the speed of science” and I wondered WTF does that even mean?

Well, I now believe it’s the rate at which they are going to kill us off.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Seems strange that a combination of the original covid and Omicron would be so lethal since neither were particularly deadly anyway.

I was wondering about that too. I had the alpha in 2020, not a very bad case, then I had probably the Delta about a year ago. It was not very bad, it was not much worse than a one day flu but the wife did have that worse as she did the alpha version. We just got over the omicron I think, the test does not tell what kind it is, but it was way milder than the other two even for the wife. My fever went up to ninety nine point one for an afternoon and I just had a little occasional cough but fought it off right away. The wife tested positive, but I had already kicked it within four days when we finally took the test, we thought it was just a cold. She did have a fever over a hundred, but it was easily controlled with iboprophen or tylenol. I did not need anything.

So I guess since every case is getting way less problematic for me that I probably have a trained immune system to fight multiple covid versions so far....but who knows if it will always protect me. I could choke on a piece of ham tomorrow or slip and fall outside when I go to shovel and whack my head and die. I am not going to panic about going out to plow or shovel snow either.

Don't understand why they are even playing with this stuff. Now those mice, did they have either other covids before they experimented on them? or were their immune systems purposely genetically suppressed....they do that in mouse tests quite a bit. I would like to see the exact research before I believe this article, it is too easy for these places to make their tests show what they want it to say by altering the results by suppressing the parameters of the research in the conclusions.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I guess I can't please everyone.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   
History is on your side with this one. They’re always released back into the Wild from labs

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I guess I can't please everyone.

lol,
Please tell your people to stop eating my camping gear, k thnx

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Someone will eventually hang and behead these evil scientist, then incinerate their bodies to protect us against their postmortem sorcery. 🔱🔥

edit on 49104931pm312022Mon, 17 Oct 2022 23:49:34 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Meh.

The original Wuhan strain killed 100%. So it did 1/5 better than the OG virus.

They basically made a strain 80% as dangerous as the original.

It's not like they created Captain Tripps... And if they do I'll be sure to kill Trash ahead of time if I'm immune.

www.bostonherald.com...

The scientists in BU’s National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories found that all mice infected with only the BA.1 omicron variant had mild cases and survived, while the combined omicron spike protein with original COVID-19 virus strain inflicted severe disease with an 80% mortality rate.

When mice were infected with just the original, ancestral virus strain, 100% of the mice died.

It's only terrible if you ignore that last line and want a reason to think they are playing with fire.
edit on 18-10-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:56 AM
link   

...combining Omicron and the original Wuhan strain

This is indeed mental!

However...

I guess if there's a chance that these strains could combine in the wild, then i can see why scientists would want to do that in a controlled environment in order to figure out how to tackle it. If i were a scientist i may well feel i had a responsibility to get ahead of it.

One word comes to mind, though... hubris.

Let's hope they have better bio-security than the Wuhan lab.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   
No Animal Rights Groups have complained about the torturing to death of the lab animals?

Researchers at Boston University say they have developed a new COVID strain that has an 80% kill rate following a series of similar experiments first thought to have started the global pandemic that began in China.

The variant, a combination of Omicron and the original virus in Wuhan, killed 80% of the mice infected with it, the university said. When mice were only exposed to Omicron, they experienced mild symptoms.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 04:19 AM
link   

It's not like they created Captain Tripps... And if they do I'll be sure to kill Trash ahead of time if I'm immune.
a reply to: Degradation33
Until they got results from the mice, they didn’t know what they may have created.

Did the original strain kill 100% of those infected?

We have heard a lot of answers over the last several years.

The vaccine will stop you from spreading the virus.
If you are vaccinated, you won’t get the virus.
The vaccinated won’t get sick.
The vaccinated won’t get AS sick.

You wil need to get a booster.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join