It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The North American Union is back...or did it ever really go away?

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

U.S. Rep. Matt Gaetz recently slammed the Biden administration for suggesting that North America needs to resemble the European Union.

Last month, President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador met with the U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken at a "summit". At that summit...

Lopez Obrador said Blinken spoke about “consolidating the region of North America.” “We agree on that,” he added. “We are also in favor of a unity of the entire American continent — like the way the first European community emerged and converted into the European Union.” “That’s what we want,” Lopez Obrador noted.

And what does that union look like in brief?

...a “regional constitution to be carried out in furtherance of an economic agenda, indicating such features as open borders, shared technology, and the distribution of oil.”

Surely some here will recall another administration that pursued the same idea in the 2000's. The Bush administration to be exact...

...on March 23, 2005, President Bush met at his ranch in Crawford, Texas with Vicente Fox (then President of Mexico) and Paul Martin (then PM of Canada) in what they called a Summit. The three heads of state then drove to Baylor University in Waco, where they issued a press release announcing their signing of an agreement to form the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP).

The following year, on March 31, 2006, Bush, Fox and new Canadian PM, Stephen Harper met in Cancun, Mexico. This time their press release celebrated what they called the first anniversary of the SPP.

And, says the SPP Myths and Facts document, it strongly rejects the idea that it is creating a European Union-like structure.

Whatever one may think of the Bush administration, the fact stands it dipped it's toes into the waters of globalism with the SPP, which didn't go over so well at the time.

Fast forward to 2022, and we have the "border czar" of the United States stating that the root cause of the border surge is not open borders...

As the nation’s “Border Czar,” Vice President Kamala Harris is 20 months into carrying out the White House’s signature “root causes” immigration plan to bring order and security to America’s southern border. The idea behind it was that if America fixes the poverty, physical insecurity, and bad governance that drive emigration from three big sending nations — Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador — its citizens will rather stay home.

...we just need to spread more "democracy".

Are you ready for a North American Union?
Source 1
Source 2
Source 3
edit on 10/17/2022 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I fear that Kamala Harris’s answer to the border will be economic parity… not where the Central American countries have a better standard of living, but where US citizens get a standard of living matching many third world countries.
We certainly are already headed that way.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
or does he mean lead the European union now that Germany is suffering and the uk is destroying itself deliberately..

this is the logical direction with the us taking the role of being the roman republic up to Julius Caesar then Trump now.. from that comes the next step to Empire and direct control of vassal states..

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

this is not surprising slo joe officaly got the U.S. welcomed back in the club

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

No.

I wonder if this move is even Constitutional.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

for the US (aka Biden) to lead a fragmenting west the US has to create a new club of client states as the like Rome the US evolves from republic to empire... so not really constitutional...
edit on 17-10-2022 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Or is it an end run AROUND the US Constitution. Think about it.

a “regional constitution to be carried out in furtherance of an economic agenda, indicating such features as open borders, shared technology, and the distribution of oil.”

So, if adopted, this "new Regional Constitution" would supplant the US Constitution in the sense that it would sit atop the US Constitution in terms of the NAU. Just as the US Constitution is "over" the individual States Constitutions. Thus, a new Supreme Court of the NAU (North American Union) would/could invalidate laws and provisions of the member states Constitutions and bodies of laws that conflict with the Constitution of the NAU.

It's a brilliant maneuver! It would take two "First World Economies", Canada and the US and reduce them to "Second World Economies" like that of Mexico. It levels the playing field, reduces consumption of climate killing fossil fuels and would work to reduce overall population of all three nation participants.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Yeah, what about the 10th amendment?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

i guess that is why i used the term empire and words like client states as that term would not just refer to the likes of Britain but it'd also apply inside the US... the comparison with roman republic to empire fits more now than I've seen it in my life especially the autocratic imperialists in Washington right now...

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

i still see it more as pairing with the EU and make the big leap as it already defends the EUs borders from outsiders.. that seems more logical than just Canada..

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Even though we'd probably get the better of the results out of that configuration, no thanks.

I'll continue as a snow Mexican, not an actual Mexican, thanks.

edit on 10/17/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
makes me think...

the 'Greater Mexico' could then Evolve to include meshing together Mexico with S California/Az/NM/NV/CO & West Texas

and the central America nations down to Panama border... the colossal 'work project' being digging a mile wide sea-lane across present day nicarragura
leaving the old panama canal an obsolete relic
edit on th31166602537917492022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No.

I wonder if this move is even Constitutional.

If it were constitutional, it probably would have succeeded when Bush was in office.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It's a brilliant maneuver! It would take two "First World Economies", Canada and the US and reduce them to "Second World Economies" like that of Mexico.

Perhaps one country is a first world economy because another is a second or third world economy...

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

would this let the cartels own the US as well as Mexico?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

would this let the cartels own the US as well as Mexico?

I thought the cartels already owned the U.S., just a different kind.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You may remember this from years ago, amazing info from all over and down rabbit holes.All the unions (Global union)europe,asian,american,ect. talks about harrp,richest families.(which starts at 1 and 10 miniutes in) the dates may be off, but plans change,things stall,wars happen,coups happen,natural disasters happen,ect.ect.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-10-2022 by BBF521 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

isnt the untied states A Constitutional Republic,Most think its a Democratic Republic.

top topics

join