It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about short stories forum visibility on the site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I noticed that I have to be logged in to see the recent threads in the 'short stories' forum.
When logged out, there is an entire month missing at the top, including the current contest,
and scrolling down, there are a lot of threads missing.

When I view ATS form work I never login, that's how I noticed.
Up until a few weeks ago, I also had the issue when logged in.

Is this intentionally for some reason or a bug?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

I see the same thing, but across the whole forum. I believe the posts you see with an up-pointing arrow (when logged in) are pinned/promoted by admin and moderators. They're not visible to anyone perusing the forum who isn't logging in.

Conversely, neon green flagged posts seem to remain visibile to everyone... I think those are a popularity thing.

Whether it is a bug or a feature is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

when logged out, I see right pointing arrows next to every post, the youngest being over a month old,
but when logged in, i see the up pointing arrows next to newer post,
but I don't see green flags anywhere?

the writers forum seem to be the only one that doesn't show me new posts. (just tested)

Weird stuff ats!

I also can't seem to stay logged in on this account. I remember I did on my previous

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I also saw missing posts in the short story forum when I was logged out.

I tried the science and tech forum when logged out and didn't seem to be missing any posts there when logged out.
That also lacked some pinned posts that Encia22 mentioned, but that's a different issue and that's likely by design. The missing regular posts shouldn't happen by design though, or at least it doesn't make any sense to me without further explanation, so looks like a bug in the short stories forum.

Those were the only two forums I checked, so I don't know if any others are affected the same way.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

There is a contest underway and the submissions are tagged by the moderator so that they stay grouped as a whole (you can start at the bottom, oldest, post to the top, newest.

May be the reason for this behavior.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:01 AM
link   
SPAM
edit on 1/15/2023 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join