It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your shoes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Has our true focus been subverted?

Our struggle is not with the enemy, but ultimately within ourselves.

When a child is born, it has the ability to experience life anew. Up until a certain age, we are unfettered by bias and cynicism. There is the purity of a clean slate.

As life brings with the encounters of other souls, haggard from their own tribulations bourne from joyning the fray, they leave their indelible marks upon the newer member of the tribe.

Affected by the system that engulfs us all, the beauty of innocence dons a mask.

For the matrix is ugly, though nature is not. And to sink or swim, that is the question.

The person that was in their age of innocence, gets pushed behind the duality that grows, a protective measure to shield it from the banality of the demands of modern civilization we face anonymously every single day.

Out of this split, the ego takes hold. It comes from a place of perception but not understanding.

It is the front that weathers the storm, a sacrifice it makes in a noble misunderstanding.

For to push the true self aside in self defense, is to prevent it from the experience we call life and ultimately it starts to wither as an unintended consequence.

When we clash with others, it is because of the masks we wear.

The beauty put on hold in order to deal with 'real life'.

For we secretly took an oath to protect that child, and shield it from the conflict.

The tradeoff is a beauty that becomes lost through neglect, and a true meeting with other souls on this plane we call our reality.

I want to make a bold assertion now. There is a beauty undiscovered within the most confrontational soul you have met on this forum.

The tragedy unspoken of the two innocents never meeting because of the defenses employed by the masks we wear.

The ego, fed by things that are toxic becomes the biggest threat to the innocence it swore to protect.

Humans are not meant to be isolated in a bubble of self protection. The beauty of our souls brings nourishment to the other.

It requires a leap of faith by all once bitten, twice shy.

May you catch a glimpse of the harmony expressed in these words, and perhaps embark on a journey that begins with the courage of removing your mask and retiring that embattled soldier from his or her lifelong post as it rises once again to fight for that which it deems helpless, but is stronger than we can ever imagine.

edit on 16-10-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
Has our true focus been subverted?

Our struggle is not with the enemy, but ultimately within ourselves.

When a child is born, it has the ability to experience life anew. Up until a certain age, we are unfettered by bias and cynicism. There is the purity of a clean slate.

As life brings with the encounters of other souls, haggard from their own tribulations bourne from joyning the fray, they leave their indelible marks upon the newer member of the tribe.

Affected by the system that engulfs us all, the beauty of innocence dons a mask.

For the matrix is ugly, though nature is not. And to sink or swim, that is the question.

The person that was in their age of innocence, gets pushed behind the duality that grows, a protective measure to shield it from the banality of the demands of modern civilization we face anonymously every single day.

Out of this split, the ego takes hold. It comes from a place of perception but not understanding.

It is the front that weathers the storm, a sacrifice it makes in a noble misunderstanding.

For to push the true self aside in self defense, is to prevent it from the experience we call life and ultimately it starts to wither as an unintended consequence.

When we clash with others, it is because of the masks we wear.

The beauty put on hold in order to deal with 'real life'.

For we secretly took an oath to protect that child, and shield it from the conflict.

The tradeoff is a beauty that becomes lost through neglect, and a true meeting with other souls on this plane we call our reality.

I want to make a bold assertion now. There is a beauty undiscovered within the most confrontational soul you have met on this forum.

The tragedy unspoken of the two innocents never meeting because of the defenses employed by the masks we wear.

The ego, fed by things that are toxic becomes the biggest threat to the innocence it swore to protect.

Humans are not meant to be isolated in a bubble of self protection. The beauty of our souls brings nourishment to the other.

It requires a leap of faith by all once bitten, twice shy.

May you catch a glimpse of the harmony expressed in these words, and perhaps embark on a journey that begins with the courage of removing your mask and retiring that embattled soldier from his or her lifelong post as it rises once again to fight for that which it deems helpless, but is stronger than we can ever imagine.

Well said, Bones.

Lots of people suffer from “The Disease of ME”.

Couple that with our hard-wired human instincts, and overcoming the oppression/influence of those around you, and you have quite a battle on your hands.

I’ve been actively thinking on some of your points for a while. It has led me to seeing the world differently, if not somewhat more clearly, due to actually seeking broader perspective and letting go of what I would have otherwise defended as “the right way” to do something, believe, or think.

People with narrow views and how pound the table for “right and wrong” only serve to polarize the world and create conflict. While there are some universal agreements we can probably come to (don’t kill people, don’t steal their stuff, don’t harm people physically, etc.) a lot of the rest of it is pretty squishy.

Once I realized how narrow I had become, and why, it was a tough pill yo swallow - I had some knowledge but conflated that with wisdom.

The more wisdom I acquire, the more I find myself relating to more people, learning from them, and developing a mosaic of the world - and not an aggressive, narrow view.

I may not be hitting the nail on the head of what you are saying, but, this is what you made me reflect on. Thanks for the post.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

In fact I think you nailed it perfectly.

I was wondering whether my thoughts came out clearly enough, as this is something relatively new myself and still I regularly walk into the trap I am able to see clearly.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Seems to me, that our societies are now built around appealing to the ego.

All of the brilliant minds, and such massive resources, invested in advertising,
marketing, sales, and other related fields such as cosmetics, fashion,
fitness/nutrition/diet industries, frankenfoods, hollyweird and the entertainment industry,
tattoo, nail, and hair salons on every street-corner, next to a coffee shop,
so that we can do everything at top-speed.

Sports stadiums around the world, filled with delirious fanatics,
all donning the same colored shirts as their gladiator heroes.

Such massive investments of time, resources, and energy, are poured into what is no more than
window-dressing, on a shop that is not being cared-for at it's more basic levels.

Those that believe that the fake world described above, is the real world : are quick to mock those that don't.
They crap all over Gen-Z, alternative news and views, and anything that is different, and doesn't
fit within their vision of the Everything-is-Awesome™ fake Lego-World™.

My personal experience with Gen-Z'ers, is very positive.
They just don't buy into all of the fakery, to put it simply.
They don't fit into the mould being thrown at them, as all being blue-haired screaming snowflakes.

We can't get an honest view of society, by viewing it through skewed sources such as media, like right here.
Like nature : it's to be experienced, not read-about from someone else's opinion, and spun into yarn by media.

J. Krishnamurti saw all of this, and in the '70's, declared that humanity was in desperate need for a revolution of the mind.

Perhaps we are slowly getting there ?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Imagine a news report talking about the overall health and wellness index, body and mind, as opposed to how well the stock market is doing.

Who cares whether the rich got richer today?

If you haven't seen this, take a look:

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Nice one bones!
I talk some 'hippy' crap here sometimes and I like to be honest on thought excercises, it's all coming from the same place.

I kinda figured this out too, it's crazy seeing others figure it out... It doesn't work telling them haha. But the person I can get to know? It does seem to be the case they always knew the same thing too deep down.

I've looked at it a few ways and it seems to me there's traits a human develops independent from influence... I think you hit the nail on the head with protecting one's 'child' from the influences, that's pretty well put.

We are the mask of our own being.

Discovering things was my joy as a kid, why tell my what's under the microscope then tell me to look lol. I guess I'm also feeding my ego if I'm ever helping others 'find' themselves because people are the most surprising aren't they... Might be nothing new under the sun but people are never boring.

Nah, that's just me and my mask that's boring! Lovely post, cheers!

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Have really cutback on my Brand consumption, but that is one of the 2 or 3 watched this week.

His titles are all so click-baity now, and his Marketing™ team promotes the same weird imagery that quite a few "alternative-news" video creators use now, unfortunately.

Just look at the formula : click-bait headline, well-known presenter making a confused look, and some headline grabber face like Gates™, etc ...

All meant to crank-us up, to lead us into outrage.

Even if they're not a part of it : they're a part of it.

Makes me think of the old excuse : " They can't ALL be in on it ! "

Yes.
Yes they are.

They are ALL in on it, because even WE are in on it.

We all contribute to the beast system, by every action we do participating in "the world".

We're all wearing standard issue NWO™ shoes.

Our written words here, generate income for some beast, or beasts, somewhere along the line.

We have more to learn from nature.
Watch young children, and dogs 'n cats : they truly have zero F's to give.

Turn on, and tune-out !

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I'll confess, no matter how many times he does the 'surprise birthday party' skit I'll laugh like it's the first time I'm seeing it. Everytime.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yeah, me too.
He's got it, that perfect set of humour, intelligence, looks, style, vocabulary, and irresistible charm.

Have been wondering about the bottle and glass of water he uses for that gag :
is it just because he happened to be doing it, when he first did the gag,
and so it's like the perfect prop to deliver that gag ;
or is it mocking like some alcoholic parent, or some well known personality ?

And how come we never get to see his shoes ? LoL !!

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I think it's the parent from hell, although I'm not sure where he gets the inspiration from.

top topics

join