It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone heard about 2046 and the Mayan calendar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
theinfowar.tv...

I found this interesting.

The Mayan calendar was using 360 day a year calculations in their day, so with the adjusted calculations, it's here now.

I've seen a few of these, but this one makes sense.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: godservant

I have not heard about the new doomsday date, but I've lived through so many 'this year is the end' predictions that they don't even register anymore.

I'm more afraid of distracted drivers bringing my demised than some cataclysmic event that's most likely based in somebody's vivid imagination manipulating information to make a new prediction.

Someday, somebody's bound to get it right.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

With the way the world is currently heading, I doubt I’ll want to be here past 2046.

However, the Mayan calendar did have 365 days. They had 20 day months with 18 months in the year. They had the 5 left over days at the end of the year. Which ironically were considered very unlucky.

The Vague Year or haab of 365 days is similar to our modern calendar, consisting of 18 months of 20 days each, with an unlucky five-day period at the end. The secular calendar of 365 days had to do primarily with the seasons and agriculture, and was based on the solar cycle. The 18 Maya months are known, in order, as: Pop, Uo, Zip, Zotz, Tzec, Xuc, Yaxkin, Mol, Chen, Yax, Zac, Ceh, Mac, Kankin, Maun, Pax, Kayab and Cumku. The unlucky five-day period was known as uayeb, and was considered an ominous time which could precipitate danger, death and bad luck.

www.historymuseum.ca...

BTW, I do believe that Alex at one point, had a useful purpose. That ended about a decade ago, though. He is just riding off of his glory days of actually exposing conspiracies.Now, he’s just an alcoholic sensationalist.

edit on 15-10-2022 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   

It's totally plausible that there were highly advanced civilizations that have come and gone here on Earth, and it's sobering to think that some of these civilizations could have been wiped out in a matter of hours, if not minutes, by a natural catastrophe or cataclysm.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

It's totally plausible that there were highly advanced civilizations that have come and gone here on Earth, and it's sobering to think that some of these civilizations could have been wiped out in a matter of hours, if not minutes, by a natural catastrophe or cataclysm.

It appears we have cyclical cataclysms on this planet. The severity of each varies. What’s interesting, is that it possibly appears that they are roughly every 13,000 years (last one Younger Dryas). Which is half of the Anus Magnus (25,920 years). Our future doesn’t seem bright.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Bring it, I survived all the other dates up until this point. y2k, niburu 2003, 2012 etc.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I'm sure it was a typo, but I had such a big laugh at that. What did you really mean though? Or, can you elaborate?

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

I'm sure it was a typo, but I had such a big laugh at that. What did you really mean though? Or, can you elaborate?

Yes, my bad, typo. ‘Magnus Annus’ is the Latin term for the grand cycle of the precession of the equinoxes.

www.dictionary.com...

Our current language for it is ‘Axial Precession’.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   

There we go. Thanks for clarifying. I have a good understanding of axial precession.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Don't google it.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You’ll get a kardashian instead of a great year?

a reply to: jarsue97

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Look up Suspicious 0bservers on YT. His theory is that our sun is a micro nova star on a 12,000 year cycle. He predicts the next one is late 2030s to mid 2040s. His work aligns with a guy called Douglas Vogt who is a bit of a religious lunatic. But he says his studies of the Torah give him the date of the next mico nova as 2046. Bit of a coincidence. The micro nova theory is based on a lot of complex science. It caused the Younger Dryas. Go through the disaster playlist on the Suspicious 0bservers channel. A nice little rabbit hole there. That's 0bservers with a zero.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Saw your question on Discord, concluded it may be interesting for the rest of ATS too:

It may be similar to Latin "annales", those were books containing historical information about a year. "Magnus" is Latin synonym for "grandis" and it means "great" / "big". So Anus Magnus = "great / big collection of years".

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It is important to realize a primary objective the Universe exists the way it does is for infinite Mind and Consciousness to be complete. God must also be in possession of absolute non-existence while still existing. Pure omnipresence means to exist even inside of absolute non-existence.

That's where finite within space and time becomes the "Tool" as the proxy collection function.

God requires upon itself, as part of omniscience, to also possess the absolute degree of NOT knowing something through all finites such as us and having that harvested from us and all finites, throughout infinite space and time.

We cannot and are not supposed to know the future for this reason. The reason why we exist at all as we are all tools.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The diehold foundation is a cracker, Doug has thought through his theories very throughly and I like how his mind works

a reply to: RenegaadeMind

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The creator experiencing the creation.

I don’t know about you but this portion of the experience is taking a relaxed and laidback time of it.

Endure and bear witness. You are all around and about you
Glory, Glory.

a reply to: tkwasny

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jarsue97

It's too late for that.

top topics

join