It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighting suits sent to Cuba by USAID

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I found these links online regarding recent news reports about the US Agency for International Development (USAID) sending firefighting suits to Cuba's firefighting personnel weeks after a deadly fire at an oil storage facility in Matanzas, Cuba, last August:
www.miamiherald.com...
diariodecuba.com...
diariodecuba.com...

As I've observed before, lost in talk until recently is the fact that there are opportunities for the US and Cuba to cooperate on environmental protection and disaster prevention (a few MoUs inked between Washington and Havana dealing with environmental protection and disaster prevention during the Obama presidency still exist despite Donald Trump's sabotaging of his predecessor's rapprochement with the island). However, USAID's dispatching of firefighting suits to Cuba is quite remarkable because USAID has been denounced by Havana for interfering in Cuba's internal affairs through "democracy promotion" program, but this move by USAID is all part of Joe Biden and his administration substantially toning down Trump's tough talk towards Cuba as part of reviving Obama-era Cuba policies.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I’m glad their offering and accepting assistance from each other.

a reply to: Potlatch

join