It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof the January 6th made for TV event is a joke

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
I have not heard that occurred.

hiding from facts doesn't negate those facts.

"The Unselect Committee has willfully ignored the fact that days before January 6, 2021, I recommended and authorized thousands of troops to be deployed to ensure that there was peace, safety, and security at the Capitol and throughout Washington, D.C. on January 6th because I knew, just based on instinct and what I was hearing, that the crowd coming to listen to my speech, and various others, would be a very big one, far bigger than anyone thought possible," Trump wrote.

pretend it never happened, and you can continue with the narrative.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

a reply to: tkwasny

He sure did. 3 hours after everyone started begging him for help while he refused and just watched TV. He made sure to tell the violent rioters he loved them too. How sweet.

and what crime best describes that?

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Trump says he did. General Kellog and Chris Miller testified under oath that he did not make an official request.

As for a crime? I stated already I'm not a lawyer. Is there one? Not sure, obstruction? Dereliction? Either way a President who flat out refuses to help protect members of his own government and his VP is certainly not fit for office even if you like how he Tweets.
edit on 15-10-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

And what of Sund? was his request not official either? It seems all those who cared about people that day wanted security, and all those who wanted blood, did not. You are firm in your agenda mindset and I doubt even facts will change it. But if this is the best you have, it's time to let go of the orange jumpsuit dreams over this. bad leadership isn't a crime, waiting 3 hours to tell folks to stop being assholes isn't a crime, and being orange isn't a crime. You have nothing here but a sore ass and an empty tissue box.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

It's a misdemeanor, but IMO, he is guilty of reckless endangerment.

25 CFR 11.401 Recklessly endangering another person. A person commits a misdemeanor if he or she recklessly engages in conduct which places or may place another person in danger of death or serious bodily injury.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

That Sund could have made an informal request prior, yes, and he did make requests that day as well which were unheeded. He has since had to resign along with others. Good.

The ultimate authority is the sitting President. I'm not sore about it or crying.
I'm astounded that people support a man who ultimately refused to assist and defend members of his own government and his VP, but believe he's "for the people". Yeah, people who were actively trying to stop the electoral process and are on video stating they wanted to kill the VP and drag out and kill members of congress.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

your opinion is noted and humorous.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

That Sund could have made an informal request prior, yes, and he did make requests that day as well which were unheeded. He has since had to resign along with others. Good.

The ultimate authority is the sitting President. I'm not sore about it or crying.
I'm astounded that people support a man who ultimately refused to assist and defend members of his own government and his VP, but believe he's "for the people". Yeah, people who were actively trying to stop the electoral process and are on video stating they wanted to kill the VP and drag out and kill members of congress.

and you don't even wonder why Sund had to resign, when he was one of the only ones with the correct idea prior to the event. It's like kicking the winner of a spelling bee out due to too many correct answers. But then, what else should we expect in clown world. Enjoy the circus. Honk, Honk.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The POTUS does not have the authority to activate the National Guard. The POTUS can give orders to activated National Guard. He can Federalize them if they are activated. Takes a Governor for a State’s National Guard or a vote by Congress.

DC has its own National Guard unit. What is the rule on them?

The mayor of the District of Columbia, the United States marshal for the District of Columbia, or the National Capital Service director may request the commander-in-chief to aid them in suppressing insurrection and enforcement of the law; however, there is no chain of authority from the District of Columbia to the D.C. National Guard.
Source

Good so far, there are three different people that can request activation, except…

(2) Director.— Except with respect to that part of the National Capital Service Area comprising the United States Capitol Buildings and Grounds as defined and described in sections 5101 and 5102 of this title, the Supreme Court Building and grounds as described in section 6101 of this title, and the Library of Congress buildings and grounds as defined in section 11 of the Act of August 4, 1950 (2 U.S.C. 167j), the Director shall ensure that there is provided in the remainder of the area described in section 8501(a) of this title adequate police protection and maintenance of streets and highways.
Source

That means only two civilian people could activate the DCNG, outside of a vote by both the House and Senate. Why can’t POTUS activate an inactive NG unit? Because it is absolutely important that the military remains under the control of the civilian authority. POTUS is Commander in Chief and in that regard is not a civilian.

VP cannot activate, except as a duty of the Senate. The Joint Chiefs cannot activate. The Speaker of the House cannot activate, except as a second to the VP (but still votes had to be taken while both were in session).

The exception to all this is if an emergency has been declared. Then the POTUS can make unilateral actions (which may be subject to later review) such as activating and deploying units. In an actual emergency, time is of the essence rather than protocol and procedure.

But to answer the question simply, Trump couldn’t deploy the DCNG for the same reason he couldn’t deploy the Minnesota NG to put down the George Floyd Riots without the Governor agreeing. The POTUS doesn’t have the authority to call forth the Militia.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

The DC National Guard disagrees with you. From their website:

The D.C National Guard was formed in 1802 by President Thomas Jefferson to defend the newly created District of Columbia. As such, the Commanding General of the D.C. National Guard is subordinate solely to the President of the United States. This authority to activate the D.C. National Guard has been delegated, by the President, to the Secretary of Defense and further delegated to the Secretary of the Army. The D.C. National Guard is the only National Guard unit, out of all of the 54 states and territories, which reports only to the President.

DC NG.Mil

So sure, people can make requests,or say they do not want them, but it is not their determination. That resides solely with official orders from the President and Miller who was the one who handicapped the few that were sent. He had fired Esper after he lost the election and installed Miller.

Hence why even though there was a flood of calls and requests even on the 6th, they were not sent to help. The President was not at all concerned if the VP or members of congress were held, kidnapped or killed during those 3 hours he was just watching TV and on the phone with Guiliani.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is correct.
And complete acceptance that Trump could not call out the National Guard but only Nancy could.
Trump authorized it but Nancy wanted a fight

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I'm more concerned about the trespassers she was waiting for. I am sure you aren't.

Trump was "The Trespasser". She says, 1:50 in the video, that she hopes he comes, she's "been waiting for this", she's "going to punch him out for trespassing on Capitol grounds"...

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I predict that the right will take the house, the true investigation will commence, and it will be shown that the left wanted the violence that we saw and did all they could to perpetuate it. And during that time, you will change user names to avoid being shown how wrong you were. That's my prediction.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Oh, I'll wait for that. Why would I change my name? Maybe they will also find out why the group of congress people like Gaetz, Jordan, etc all wanted pardons too.

They can go gung ho and really vet all those Republicans who've already testified. Give all the people who worked for him a good cross examination. Will he be happy with them cross examining Jared and Ivanka to what they've testified to under oath? We will see.

Will they change their testimony because of who asks them a question? Will they be willing to perjure themselves and risk jail to give you the answers you want? We will see.

Think those that were violent and gleefully posted to their social media their plans, and video so proud of what they had done will suddenly denounce they were doing it for Trump and the country as a Proud Patriot, will flip the script and say that even though they were a Dad from Ohio, they were actually a deep state plant for the Dems?

This would be hysterical. Think all the Dems will fight tooth and nail to have to testify before a committee? Willing to go to jail like Bannon?

Bring it on. Can't wait.

So odd why they want to do it now. They refused a completely independent investigation, and refused to have other GOP members that didn't ask for a pardon after the 6th on a bipartisan commitee. Only wanting those who did on the commitee. But now they want one? Can't make this stuff up. Too funny.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The Army of the Potomac re-activated !!!!😀

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Keep in mind, in the save it until now videos, Nancy was calling for the Maryland NG…

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   

FYI:

The Democratic Party's only Messiah, says Democrat leaders in every sector of American culture and society, have de-evolved into "Buzzkill" sociopaths.

Former President Obama is Very Disappointed: nypost.com...

Obama views the party from high above. He sees what Democrat nutjobs on the ground can't comprehend.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Keep in mind, in the save it until now videos, Nancy was calling for the Maryland NG…

She can certainly make a request, but:

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said Sunday it took nearly two hours for the Pentagon to give authorization for his state to send its National Guard into Washington to help protect the U.S. Capitol as it came under attack from a violent pro-Trump mob.

States often help each other with National Guard deployments. Typically, all that's needed is for both states to sign off on it.

D.C. is unique because it lacks statehood and falls under federal jurisdiction, requiring the Pentagon's sign-off.“Our guard mobilized and was ready, but we couldn't actually cross over the border into D.C. without the OK, and that was quite some time.

USA Today

The governor stated he first received a request from the Mayor. Which if you watched the video is why he most likely told Nancy they were going to be deployed. He was waiting on authorization from the Pentagon.
edit on 16-10-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   

yes, and had they listened to Trump and Sund, none of this would have happened.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I predict that the right will take the house, the true investigation will commence, and it will be shown that the left wanted the violence that we saw and did all they could to perpetuate it. That's my prediction.

I agree. It won't take long either. REAL Evidence to support this belief has already been gathered.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

And if Trump had made an official order just as he did months before there would have been over 5000 fully equipped NG with riot control deterrents and air support there that day. The mayor and the rest did not want that kind of response then either, yet against the military opinions he was threatening to even call up active duty. Yet the best he could do on the 6th was have 340 guard stationed blocks away on traffic duty? With absolutely no equipment including helmets and expressly forbidden from interfering with the protesters? Not allowed to make any arrests? Ummm, sure ok.

If he would have listened to everyone in his orbit on the 6th begging him for help on the 6th instead of refusing because he felt the VP deserved to be hung and he was too busy watching TV, this wouldn't have happened.

edit on 16-10-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join