It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof the January 6th made for TV event is a joke

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: slatesteam
All I know is that day ruined the last two years of my life.

Nothing else at all. No other thing to be mad at or perplexed about. Pretty sure it was worse than 9/11 and Pearl Harbor put together.

Worse than 5,000 souls tragically lost to terror attacks? Melodramatic much?
Melodramatic much?

You mean like this farce and fleecing of the public and their opinion and tax dollars? Spread across headlines and sounbytes for months and months with NO conclusion?

Methinks you oughta change your name….

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
a reply to: network dude

Did you miss the part where Trump, on January 3, was asking for troops to protect his demonstrators? He wasn't asking for troops to protect Congress FROM his demonstrators. That kind of says which side he was rooting for.

Yes, OMB and all, but see, it doesn't matter. If Trump ordered 2000 guard troops to parade around with underwear on their heads, they would have still been there, at the Capitol, on January 6th. Which of those idiots would have gone after military soldiers without a firearm? If they were there, nothing would have happened.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CensoredApe

I believe the fbi knew and warned ahead of time. Trump's words have consequences and constantly telling his voters that their vote and voices were stolen instigated the riot on jan 6th.

At best, Trump and his admin failed to address credible threats and showed incompetence.

Trump has blame he should apologize for. I don't fault those who wanted to do something because they felt their country had a fake election and installed Biden under fraudulent circumstances.

This would have never occured if Trump behaved differntly.

He hasn't apologized once in his career.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   

They had no problem attacking armed officers. One cop states that it would have been even worse for them if they had pulled a weapon as they were vastly outnumbered. And these cops were in full riot gear, they still were beaten, tased, dragged and attacked with flagpoles and other items modified into weapons, as the few national guard were handicapped from any gear including helmets, no weapons and expressly forbidden from pretty much anything but standing by, do you really think it would have stopped that mob?

If you listened to the crowd and even some here on ATS after, they consider the cops who tried to stop them as traitors if you even remind them of the supposed "back the blue" motto. They say it doesn't apply to them, because again, "traitors".
edit on 14-10-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

The "traitor" is the one that put a bullet in Ashley's head.
edit on 14-10-2022 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

And as we see, "back the blue" and "just comply" were just words used. Only meant for certain victims. Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: CensoredApe

I believe the fbi knew and warned ahead of time. Trump's words have consequences and constantly telling his voters that their vote and voices were stolen instigated the riot on jan 6th.

At best, Trump and his admin failed to address credible threats and showed incompetence.

Trump has blame he should apologize for. I don't fault those who wanted to do something because they felt their country had a fake election and installed Biden under fraudulent circumstances.

This would have never occured if Trump behaved differntly.

He hasn't apologized once in his career.

And I blame ledtists for how big Trump became. They let their party go to the extremes, which led people to electing someone who engulfes their response of; "f$ck you, i won't do what you tell me".

Extremes lead to extreme responses.

On a offhand note, I think Tulsi Gabbard is a great choice for potus. She is a moderate-left, who left the democratic party. She criticized Trump and Biden.

Instead of picking the two extremes - biden/trump - i dont see why we dont pick a more middle ground like Tulsi.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CensoredApe

Don’t get played. Tulsi backed Biden knowing everything we know about him now..she knew then. She only turned on Biden once it was safe. Too little too late Tulsi

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Notabot12345666

Shes not perfect, but what politician is better right now?

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The very fact that the national guard is there is a deterrent. Look the people protesting was the right. The right typically loves the country, loves the military, and aligns with moral values reminiscent of the military. They would not have broken windows because in order to do that they would have had to force their way through the military, then through police to breach. They would not have done that, and hence would not have done that. They would have protested sure, but it would not have gotten out of hand. I put the blame where it belongs, the mayor of DC, Pelosi, and yes even Trump to a degree. As eventually he was the leader. He should have been on the ground, speaking and saying, look it is what it is, we can't change, but you know what, lets pray for our nation, lets pray that the dems see the error of there ways. Yes protest, but lets not riot, we are better, and we should not stoop to their level.

That is leadership. He could have done better, the dems failed miserably. They should be the ones on trial.

Camain

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: camain

Typically you are correct, but the right is not the Trump cult. You can even see that here a few responses up, the officer who shot Babbitt who was climbing through a broken window bent on getting in where government officials were huddled and who had made a ranting video days before that she would not be stopped has how many stars for calling the officers protecting those officials a traitor?

A couple of 100 NG standing around with no gear on at all and not a thing to protect themselves would have been over run by these people. They had no regard for any uniform. That was obvious.

There is blame to go around for sure but you have not mentioned the GOP senate leaders decision to not further protect it as well, they both make the decision. And neither of them or the mayor can stop the President from calling in the guard. Again, months before, there was over 5000 NG and more of other law enforcement, fully equipped, allowed to use force and deterrents, with air support (that actually got into trouble for flying wayyy too low) for a BLM march. The DC mayor did not want such a show of force, the President against Military advice threatened to call in active duty troops.

So it can be done and guess who is ultimately in charge? The President. Who sat in the dining room watching Fox, while his counsel, his aids, his family, Fox news hosts, senators, all begged him to get help to the Capitol. While Pence refused to be wisked away by SS agent Ornato as Pence's security Kelogg said he stated to Ornato "he's not leaving, you'll take him to Alaska or something" because Pence wanted to do his elected duty that day.

What occurred was almost what the former President wanted to happen, just not quite, because he wanted to remain President.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I know I'm not supposed to reply to this, but it's my fault for not putting this in the mudpit. I made a mistake, and I'll be more careful in the future. I don't do well outside of my environment.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

is poor leadership a crime? Trump did show bad leadership that day. But if you look at your entire argument, it's essentially that. Trump should have gave the crowd a direction and he should have had a plan, he did not.

Since your entire post is your projections about what might have happened, I'll just say I believe you are totally wrong, as usual.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

is poor leadership a crime? Trump did show bad leadership that day. But if you look at your entire argument, it's essentially that. Trump should have gave the crowd a direction and he should have had a plan, he did not.

Since your entire post is your projections about what might have happened, I'll just say I believe you are totally wrong, as usual.

My comments in regard to the other poster on if the NG was there, was speculation, just as theirs were stating the crowd would have behaved. I did base that on the amount of guard that were there blocks away, the handicapping of them by the memo from Miller and the actions and opinions of the crowd, and even the opinions still felt here by ATS members who believe officers of the law are traitors. I also based it on the Presidents opposite decision made months before.

As for his complete and utter disregard for the safety of members of congress, the cops and his vice president, there was testimony under oath from these people, text messages etc all stating they begged him for help for hours, testimony from military leadership that there was no call. That is not speculation. When the President heard that people there had breached the Capitol, were violent and wanted to hang the VP, and Cipollone was begging for help, Meadows told Cipollone, "You heard him, he thinks he deserves it"

The President was not out of town, not overseas, possibly unaware of the severity. He was in the dining room, blocks away, watching it unfold and ignoring all pleas from members of the government, some under siege themselves begging for help.

Again, that is not speculation.

It's quite different if a worker does a poor job by not mailing an important package than the leader of our government flat out refusing to assist members of our government, protect the VP and doing anything to ensure the legal process can occur, and protecting our Capitol Building. Legally? I'm not sure, I'm not a lawyer, obstruction? Dereliction?
edit on 15-10-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

what about when the leader of the United States gives an order to have 2000 national guard troops at an event, and it's ignored, then a riot ensues due to the lack of security? Is that a problem, or was that an example of what you consider great leadership?

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Another thing of note: Up until Jan 5 you heard “Defund the Police.” Jan 7 onwards, didn’t hear that anymore. Like some bacon was saved by some group or something in between those dates.

As for Officer Byrd, why was he the only officer to fire if she was such a threat to himself and others? Usually that takes a “cease fire” order in such a close proximity with multiple targets approaching.

Like how many bullets were fired into Brianna Taylor’s apartment? Or at the innocents during the Christopher Dorner manhunt

Wrong truck, oops
edit on 15-10-2022 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ever since the TV show Perry Mason the entire nation understands fairness in trials.

There is zero defense allowed, zero cross examination allowed, can't even pick the individuals SUPPOSEDLY from your own party to represent a defense, zero evidence allowed that is exculpatory, on and on and on. Too much unfairness to the accused to list here.

Exactly like the 2 Trump impeachments.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   

what about when the leader of the United States gives an order to have 2000 national guard troops at an event, and it's ignored, then a riot ensues due to the lack of security? Is that a problem, or was that an example of what you consider great leadership?

No one can stop the President from sending the NG. He has the ultimate authority. He had called them up over protests from state employees previously. And that still does not explain his refusal to do so for hours while the Capitol was under siege and everyone in his orbit was begging for help.

If he gives the order and the military does not do so, they should face whatever charges are applicable. I have not heard that occurred.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Trump DID tell the crowd to leave IN PEACE. That video quote was carefully cut out when the video of him talking to the crowd was presented at the Jan 6 Soviet star chamber show trial.
edit on 15-10-2022 by tkwasny because: Typo fix.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

He sure did. 3 hours after everyone started begging him for help while he refused and just watched TV. He made sure to tell the violent rioters he loved them too. How sweet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join