It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parkland Jury Verdict: Life In Prison For Gunman Nikolas Cruz

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Certainly, they are much better spent on some pot head.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I'm not getting into a debate about your countries record of mass shootings.

That speaks for itself.

We don't have the death penalty here.

You do.

Just expressing my surprise at why it wasn't used here.

My apologies for expressing an opinion.

Carry on....

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

sometimes justice doesnt happen in a court room

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I'm not getting into a debate about your countries record of mass shootings.
That speaks for itself.
We don't have the death penalty here.
You do

That debate wouldn't end well, I sort of wrongly assumed you were from the states. As did you, I guess?

You see I'm from Switzerland.

I got confused by your accusation, and went on to look into them, found an interesting read, with this tibit.

the last mass shooting we had was 2001 when the sick mofo entering, not a school, not a shopping mall or marathon, no he took it to those responsible, raiding a local government building, killing 14.

Headline
In Switzerland, gun ownership is high but mass shootings are low. Why?
edit on 13-10-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

It just might because the Swiss have mandatory military service. You keep your gun and must stay proficient. Small country like that needs every available able bodied person in case of an emergency.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
They need a national law on the books that automatically gives the death penalty to killers of children, terrorism, and other heinous crimes where it's certain they're guilty. In such cases, I’m 100 percent for the death penalty. In other 2nd degree circumstantial cases where prosecutors often get slick, and there is a lot of doubt, I’m not for capital punishment. But this is ridiculous. They have a system where one jury can deny justice to the families of those children.

And why does it have to be all jurors and not just a huge majority? This denies justice to people.

America has a broken-down justice system

edit on 13-10-2022 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

That's one reason, it's also because people are vetted, we have a modern education system, meantal health care has very holistic approach, bureaucracy works like a charm, it's one of the better democracies out there, 90% of our economy is based on money the only economy really thriving, we're doing great. No reason to loose your marbles... For now....

But let's talk in a couple of years I predict hard times for the sugar-coated, cotton candied Switzerland. If they start loosing it, things might get pretty ugly pretty quick....

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

He Deserved the Death Penalty for such a Heinous Act . I guess the U.S. Judicial System has Now Downgraded the Value of a Human Life .................

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

thanks for the knowledge, much appreciated. I generally believe the judge should pass sentence based on established outlines from previous cases and recomendations from government.

We dont have the death sentence in the UK currently and while it is proven it is no deterent, in some instances it is not only warranted but earnt by the individual based on their own crimes and actions.

If a vote was offered to the British public I would be in favour of it coming back.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
Ah, the sensible lot coming out to plead for either killing someone or hoping he gets raped repeatedly.

How about we shift topics to the areas of, idk, reform of mental health in our country to avoid situations like this again?

Or are topics like that, and not based on violence the wrong sort for this crowd?

Oh, let's all sing "Kumbaya" now. 🙄

I say splash him. Only one idiot voted against it.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
One jury saves a child killer's life.

This is almost sadistic. America has a cruel and broken-down justice system.
America has an injustice system.

I wonder, is that on purpose?

edit on 13-10-2022 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

" it is proven it is no deterent,"

Seriously ? Well , here in the U.S. , a Nation of Laws , it is the Ultimate Deterrent against Future Criminal Acts committed by Habitual Criminals who Take Another's Life . It also sends a Serious Message to those who Think they could Possibly be Immune from Prosecution .

Got Woke , Won't Croak ? .........Hmm..........

edit on 13-10-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
One jury saves a child killer's life.

This is almost sadistic. America has a cruel and broken-down justice system.
America has an injustice system.

I wonder, is that on purpose?

The LAW Only Works if those in Charge of it Do the Job of Enforcing it .

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The LAW Only Works if those in Charge of it Do the Job of Enforcing it

Like who?

They have a stupid law that only allows a unanimous jury to determine death for heinous crimes.

If the judge can counter that, then he should. I don’t know if he can

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

" They have a stupid law "

Then Demand they Change the Law .

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I honestly think you have infered something i did not type, as I stated I am in favour of the death penalty

but it is proven it is not a deterent, as obviously the crime must have been commited for us to even be discussing it ergo no-one was detered from carrying out the crime in spite of the death penalty being an option, but I care not about it being a deterent as in some cases it is the only just sentence, not sure again how you have misinterpreted what I said.

as for this

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Got Woke , Won't Croak ? .........Hmm..........

how is me being in favour of the death penalty equate to me being woke, do you wish I beat them to death personally with a brick?
edit on 000000p3103America/Chicago10132022410 by UpThenDown because: typo

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Death penalty should be for heinous crimes like this. And other terrible crimes when there is NO DOUBT of guilt, such as the mass murders and terrorist and child and sex crimes when the evidence is huge.

Those other circumstantial evidential domestic murders where it's not a slam dunk like this one, I could understand life in prison.

In Europe, many mass murderers, sexual criminals, and child killers are still in jail. With that law, Hitler would have gotten away with what he did.

Letting such cruel and sadistic murderers off with life in prison is not civilized.

It's somehow a sadistic and depraved form of justice or injustice by the state.

It’s not about the state murdering; if it is--then all war is state murder.

Somehow I detect another elite scam here. Are they protecting themselves, or is it just stupidity and incompetence?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

My comments were Not directed at you but the State of Law Enforcement today in the U.S. .

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

but it is proven it is not a deterent

It's not a deterrent when it's not applied swiftly and certainly. Our "justice" system, it's so slow, uneven, and uncertain that no penalties have a deterrent effect.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's a shame that Gary Plauché died about a decade ago. He could get the job done (and get off with some pretty light sentencing for it).

<< 1    3  4 >>

join