It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect or do I remember this paper towel dispenser name incorrectly?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So we’ve all been to public restrooms or areas that have paper towel dispensers right? Well I’ve seen all kinds of brands but there’s always been a few that stick out so this took me by surprise.

I have never personally witnessed a Mandela effect before of my own and this is a very simple one. I clearly remember the name being York on paper towel dispensers, not Tork!!!!!!

This paper towel dispenser is located in a huddle house in Tazewell county Virginia. I know for a fact that I have never heard of this brand before but if I Google it, it’s everywhere with no remnants of the name York, which is what I clearly remember on these types of towel dispensers and possibly hand soap dispensers as well.

I showed the photo to a friend of mine that was with me at dinner, and he also said that he has never heard this brand before and he can only remember the names, Scott and York being used in commercial settings.

So has anyone else come across this? Have I discovered a small Mandela effect or is this just a case of I’m not remembering things correctly?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I always remembered it as Tork, like Peter Tork of the Monkees.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrace

I remember York too. But I’m not going to pretend that I pay huge attention to towel dispensers.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If you stare into the Mandela, it stares back at you ~ A. Lincoln

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
After i do this i assure , you will not remember what you saw there.

Sincerely

MIB

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Ever studied how memory is made?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Always been Tork. Welcome to clown world.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Companies do sell and change names.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Depends on which reality you live in.

* Trump stole election from Hillary
or
* Biden stole election from Trump

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I was being serious... this is why I don't post.

Sorry

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Maybe your confused with York peppermint’s? I remembered it as Tork myself.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thrace
I was being serious... this is why I don't post.

Sorry

Whoa hey there boss don't get all in your feels .

KKLOCO agreed with you , Defend your reasoning perhaps your right

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I clearly remember it being York along with 11 friends and family members agreeing and 2 saying Tork... This is the very first thing I have ever seen that I know isn't correct and for some reason it stuck out immensely.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thrace
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I clearly remember it being York along with 11 friends and family members agreeing and 2 saying Tork... This is the very first thing I have ever seen that I know isn't correct and for some reason it stuck out immensely.

I'm beginning to think your right , when I imagine it in my mind I see ' York ' .

Its hard to say though because it's a minor thing you see in passing it's a change very few would notice.
edit on 13-10-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   

There is a company called York that does HVAC systems and air purifiers. Chances are you've seen York on some commercial or residential airflow related appliance.

This checks out as the York logo I remember.

www.york.com...

Tork has been around 55 years. Always done hygiene related stuff.

Conflation?
edit on 13-10-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wasn't it TROK, i could have sworn it was TROK...

XL5

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
There are yorkville toilets. I do recall seeing york printed on a toilet and maybe a faucet.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I remember my first day of kindergarten I had never seen a urinal before, and the ones there all said "standard".
For a while I thought a urinal was called a "standard", because you stand up at it.

I remember seeing York, but not specifically on a paper towel dispenser. I don't remember ever seeing "Tork" anywhere though.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   
There are York elevators aren't there? Seeing as how these dispensers are most often seen commercial buildings (some with elevators lol) perhaps the confusion lies in seeing the two names in such close proximity. Or not, who knows? I always remember it as Tork - I've been work from home though and try not to think too much about office buildings

edit on 13-10-2022 by thegeneraldisarray because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I must have always been in the "Tork" timeline, I've never heard it called York.

<<   2 >>

join