It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 3

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Paraphi you are playing lingo games.

It's important to get the language right, especially as Russia is now propagandising this conflict as proxy war, i.e. NATO versus Russia. Is Russia a proxy for Iran, just because that country is supplying weapons?

The UK shares a strategic interest in Ukraine not being invaded and subsumed into an imperialist and antagonistic Russia. This interest is shared by most other developed nations.

Helping Ukraine prevail is an outcome that will benefit the UK and the developed world in general, because it is a victory of right over wrong. Let Ukraine fall, and Russia may just continue their idiotic behaviour. Being under the jack boot of Russia "like the good old days" is no life at all.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 02:52 AM
link   
19 December Update

* Russian forces targeted Kyiv with Shahed-131 and 136 kamikaze drone strikes overnight on December 18-19.

* Russian forces continued limited counterattacks along the Svatove-Kreminna line as Russian sources claimed that Ukrainian forces targeted Russian rear positions in Luhansk Oblast.

* Russian forces reportedly lost positions south of Bakhmut on December 18 and continued ground attacks near Bakhmut and Donetsk City.

* Ukrainian officials reported that Russian forces are pulling back some elements from areas along the east (left) bank of the Dnipro River in Kherson Oblast.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
zelensky went to bahkmut today while im sure macho tough guy putin sat at one end of a giant table alone so he wouldnt get a cold from someone.....
edit on 20-12-2022 by LouisCypher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

The UK shares a strategic interest in Ukraine not being invaded and subsumed into an imperialist and antagonistic Russia. This interest is shared by most other developed nations.

Helping Ukraine prevail is an outcome that will benefit the UK and the developed world in general, because it is a victory of right over wrong. Let Ukraine fall, and Russia may just continue their idiotic behaviour. Being under the jack boot of Russia "like the good old days" is no life at all.

The Russians are fighting for their national interest. They don't want NATO on their all important western border. This fell on deaf ears for a decade and more. If Britain and Ben Wallace had stayed out of meddling with the Ukrainian military then none of this debacle would have happened. They can sort their own games out it's none of our business whatsoever. If any group is being "imperialist and antagonistic" it's the west / Britain / EU / NATO / whatever. Britain just can't stop meddling in the affairs of foreign nations. It's time we acknowledged the days of Empire are over and stop playing games with other peoples whereby millions of Arabs, Afghans, Yugoslavs, Africans, Slavs die for what? Games. Stupid murderous games.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

nato has been on their western border for decades so the russians can go to hell...

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LouisCypher

nato has been on their western border for decades so the russians can go to hell...

Exactly
and by visiting Ukraine for decades especially Ben Wallace since 2014 the Russian's had no choice whatsoever but to take back control of that western border before the inevitable NATOfication colonisation of Ukraine along with the brainwashing of the natives was going to happen

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

What the Russian state "does not want" is those small countries in central Europe being part of an alliance that prevents Russia from colonizing them.

Russia is the state with the 19th century mentality. NATO is a military alliance, nothing more. Don't confuse national agendas with organizations.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

its not their job to take anything back since it implies it belonged to them in the first place. ukraine is sovereign and independent from russia and as someone who grew up there it is important for it to remain that way from russia...

i want to add that you grew up with a soft life in the west not having to worry about your family being taken in the middle of the night, get food or voicing your opinion. i look at people who advocate for russia as weak and unknowing as to what actually happened when russia was in complete control...

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

NATO is a military alliance, nothing more.
Cheers

Come on, NATO is more than just a defensive organisation.............. When it suits Washington's agenda

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LouisCypher

its not their job to take anything back since it implies it belonged to them in the first place. ukraine is sovereign and independent from russia and as someone who grew up there it is important for it to remain that way from russia...

Well I propose to you go fight for your country, put your hard hat on, bear arms and fight off the Red Menace

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

i am a us citizen now and more than willing to fight for my country...

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LouisCypher
Total respect to you and yours in Ukraine Louis

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

my parents came right after chernobyl, we lived only 70km away and it was with great difficulty that they were able to leave the soviet union. my relatives still there know what it was like to live under russian oppression and would rather be dead than experience this again...

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You keep forgetting that NATO has been on Russia's border for decades, and will continue to be there.

If that's an existential threat then I guess Russia will have to stop existing? But more like Russia will get used to it once the more Soviet brainwashed generations give up control.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
According to Dmitry Peskov, putlers press secretary...

ruZZia in its entire history, has never attacked any one, and is the last country in Europe to think about or ever use the word 'war' and we in the West have a problem remembering history correctly...

ruZZian attacks on other countries within the last 100 years...

Azerbaijan, Armenia (1920)
Georgia (1921)
Invasion of Poland (1939)
Invasion of Finland (1939)
Baltic states (1940)
Bessarabia and Northern Bukovina (1940)
Hungarian revolution (1956)
Czechoslovakia (1968)
Afghanistan (1979)
Chechnya (1994)
Chechnya again (1999)
Russo-Georgian war (2008)
Ukraine War (2022)

I think someone else might have the problem with remembering history...
edit on 20-12-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Surely you are not suggesting that Russia tells porkies?!!!

Shocking. Who knew?

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Surely you are not suggesting that Russia tells porkies?!!!

Shocking. Who knew?

I would never slander such a noble, egalitarian, free and loving nation and its leadership like that... **slams head into desk**... woah Sorry, not sure what happened there, blacked out for a second.

(I only post these kinds of vids in the slim hope that one of the pro putlers on ATS watch and maybe swap or at least shift more towards a critical view of ruZZias actions, even just a single pro putler member coming to their sense would make me a very happy guy, even if i still found them mind bendingly aggravating in other areas of conspiratorial opinion)
edit on 20-12-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I enjoy your video's especially when they feature Solovyov.

Dude looks depresssed lately

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

NATO is a military alliance, nothing more.
Cheers

Come on, NATO is more than just a defensive organisation.............. When it suits Washington's agenda

Orbhunter ... no.

The "NATO as boogeyman" is a beloved CT notion. But reality is rather drier and more boring.

Boring, as in some well paid bureaucrats in Brussels and military personnel who pull duty tours in NATO headquarters or various branches thereof. That's it -- really.

NATO, as organization, has no organic power. Any power or influence exerted by NATO is a product of the policies and agendas of the member nations. And most of the time, they can't all agree on anything besides mundane bits like a common standard for rifle ammunition.

For "NATO" to present a threat to Russia, every NATO country would have to be on board with whatever such threat would be. And most NATO countries prefer things to be quiet because their military spending is lot less when there are no crises.

This is why I wrote to not confuse national agendas with organizations like NATO. I can turn your statement around and claim that CSTO is a threat to the West because "of course" they're all in with the invasion of Ukraine. Except, they are not "all in". Some CSTO members are making clear they are opposed to Russia's (national agenda) war in Ukraine.

Truth be told, Russia is better off with NATO in between them and Germany. Because NATO's interest as an organization is simply keeping the smaller nations in between the two protected ... while some of the movers and shakers in Germany would like to exercise that economic colonization you mention ... on Ukraine AND Russia. I fear, though, that Putin is too fixated on the 1980s to grasp such a notion.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 01:21 AM
link   
20 December Update

* Russian forces conducted limited counterattacks along the Svatove-Kreminna line.

* Russian forces continued offensive operations in the Bakhmut and Avdiivka areas.

* Russian forces are expanding defensive fortifications on the left (east) bank of the Dnipro River in Kherson Oblast.

* A Kremlin official deflected questioning surrounding a Moscow Oblast military recruitment officer’s December 17 claim that Russian authorities will extend the service period for conscript soldiers.

* Russian President Vladimir Putin demanded that Russian security services intensify their efforts to counter pro-Ukrainian partisan activity.

More at URL above.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join