It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Billion Dollar Judgement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

edit on 13-10-2022 by godsovein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What the people cheering this garbage on don't realize is, one day they will use the same tactics to shut this site down.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

The difference is when you slander people. So much so that they recieve death threats or threats of raping the daughter of the principal. When you incite people to attack other people that goes beyond free speech.

This whole "inciting people" is a rather new term that has been generated by the left. You can't say anything bad because you just might "incite" people is their recent catch phrase to use as a tool in attacking and canx people. Jan 6 is all about that, isn't it...

As I asked already, who has been hurt by Jones' rants? Who was raped, who was beat up/killed etc? You can't yell fire in a crowded theater not because you might hurt someone's feelings or "incite" someone, it is because people can actually get hurt. Jones has long since apologized and for a good while has said he believes people died there, AND he was canx and lost 10s of millions already for years now.

Slandering is harder to prove since you basically need to show lost of something in that slander, like losing their job. Congress has slandered Trump for 5 years, so see where that gets him. Also, did Jones' directly slander individuals by name?

edit on 13-10-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

Yeah they should definitely hold Jones responsible if someone else does something because of words he says. While were at it then, can we sue the media companies for the countless times they lied about police shootings and incited riots?

That is the new tactic, isn't it, that the left is wielding like a weapon. If you say anything then you are now liable for the actions of everyone on the face of the earth, even when those actions never resolve into any form of physical violence. I would say there seems to be a lot of people making bank from this tragedy, but I can't because I might slander someone, or incite...

Here is the 1 billion dollar question...

Biden on national TV basically said Conservatives are evil and terrorist, a week later some liberal runs over and kills a teenager saying he was an evil Conservative. Should Biden be impeached now? Should the Goverment pay 1 billion to that family in a case someone was actually killed, unlike in Jones' case?

edit on 13-10-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The families and those involved were hurt. Living in fear from threats to their families, some had to move due to them.

You feel his baseless and false claims were just free speech. Juries felt it was defamation.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: fishy6

originally posted by: godsovein
Hows this one not on here. It was actually on Fox today.

Stopped working over there for a few minutes and watched, was like it has to be like a billion by the time. So of course, why not make it a cool trillion?

Because I tell ya what, the idea of AJ being able to cough up a billion cash, has to be something like Jeff Bezos coughing up something like I dunno $7 trillion cash? $57 trillion? I dont even keep up on any of this, but what the hell???

Right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones must pay at least $965 million in damages to numerous families of victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook mass shooting for falsely claiming they were actors who faked the tragedy, a Connecticut jury said on Wednesday. The verdict, which came after three weeks of testimony in a state court in Waterbury, Connecticut, far outstripped the $49 million Jones was ordered to pay in August by a Texas jury in a similar case brought by two other Sandy Hook parents. The Connecticut verdict applies to both Jones and his company, Free Speech Systems LLC, the owner of Jones' Infowars website. FSS filed for bankruptcy in July. The plaintiffs in the Connecticut case included more than a dozen relatives of 20 children and six staff members who were gunned down at Sandy Hook Elementary School in December 2012. Jones claimed for years that the massacre was staged as part of a government plot to take away Americans' guns. www.reuters.com...

They are trying to make an example of him to make sure nobody disturbs the narrative.

During and after the Sandy Hook school shooting, you could be banned on ATS for going against the MSN narrative. What's that tell you?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The families and those involved were hurt. Living in fear from threats to their families, some had to move due to them.

You feel his baseless and false claims were just free speech. Juries felt it was defamation.

So what if he believed every word of it? Feelings hurt do not count, how many true threats and in what way, who had to really move. I bet a good number moved because they just could not take living there anymore due to what happened with or without Jones. I would move too just because of what happened. Defamation is one slippery slope...

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

During and after the Sandy Hook school shooting, you could be banned on ATS for going against the MSN narrative. What's that tell you?

There was a rather big group of people from allover suggesting both Boston and Sandy Hook were false flags that used Crisis Actors, so it by far wasn't only Jones, but he was the fall guy. I'm pretty sure if his rants were liberal based he would not have been.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Here is a really good Crowder with Jones....

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Is that true?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Can this case be used as precedent, to hold Biden accountable, for instigating actual murder?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
TBH even his lawyer sold him out.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The THEM!
Have to make an esample to make
the rest of you Fear speaking out!
No one person should Ever have to pay this much.
I bet they try to put him in jail to.

FEAR your Goverment!
Never speak out!
or they will fine You $999,999,999.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

He wasn't fined by the Govt.

It was a Civil claim for damages.

Why not blame your ridiculous legal system that awards stupid sums in damages?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Couple reasons. 1) They don't care, they are miserable people that just like complaining on ATS day in and day out. Its just more things they get to complain about now. 2) They still aren't smart enough to read and understand the facts about this case so not caring is moot anyway.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Here's how we deal with defamation damages over here:

www.carruthers-law.co.uk...#:~:text=A%20successful%20claimant%20in%20a,which%20the%2 0publication%20has%20caused.
edit on 13-10-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

By this logic, people who lost their lives and businesses due to the propagation and deceit by the media to incite BLM and ANTIFA are fully culpable for damages.

Matter of fact, I'm feeling abit incited by your postings here.

I'll be sure to mention Frogs sent me in my escapades!

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

The truth about these two trials from constitutional attorney Robert Barnes [ www.barneslawllp.com... ] and Connecticut trial attorney Norm Pattis [ normpattis.com... ].

1 Billion jury award sandy hook trial decision discussion & fuller explanations:

banned.video...

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mazius
a reply to: olaru12
Is that true?

Yes, I received a warning for pointing out crisis actors and their repeated actions.

If AJ had of not run his mouth, he wouldn't be in this predicament. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....

Now AJ can run for political office and get his billion back.

Or I wonder if AJ will have a sale on his supplement line.
edit on 13-10-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalStoic

What truth?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join